Page 1 of 2
LastLast

1-85 Levelling times, no RAF, full heirlooms, not rested, SOLO

This is without the 5% XP ring from fishing, but otherwise full Heirlooms.

My leveling times are listed below:

1-70 - 39 hours (played)

70-85 - 26 hours (played)

85 to 90 is a long process, about 30 hours played. Perhaps more.

Up until 80 I played every DG once to get the quests and hand them in.

It's about 100 hours /played to get from 1-90 with almost full heirlooms. (without RAF)

From 80-85 you will earn 1700g from quest rewards and, if you vendor the items it will give about double that.

Thats pretty fast. I'd guess over 100 hours 1-85 if i did it today.

When i leveled my monk it took me a total of 72 hours to go from 1-90, Monks have that daily that increase exp gained, time it with about 6-8 dungeon quests and you fly through levels.

It took you 39 hours played to go from 1-70? I can hit that in like 12...

70-85 closer to 8-12 as well.

85-90 I can see closer to 10-15.

I went from 1-80 on my warrior right after my guild hit 20 back in cataclysm...and it took like? 24 hours total?

I'm not sure where your getting your numbers, are you sitting in town waiting for queues? If so are you dps/tank/healer? How many times do you wipe?

Do you quest on a pvp server? Get ganked often?

Deleted
    That's sad.. all the huge, although past, work of the developers going wasted when you don't experience even half of the content available for your level. I definitely miss old times, when it took months to cap 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    It took you 39 hours played to go from 1-70? I can hit that in like 12...
    Sure thing man, whatever you say.

I can hit lvl 40 at between 14-17 hours with no rested.

But you go ahead and hit lvl 70 in 12 hours.

This wasn't a thread to show off some epeen, it's a thread to show the time it takes to level.

85-90 in 10 to 15 hours. Good job.

Deleted
    IIRC my fastest leveling from 0 to 85 was with my shaman that took 2 days 4 hours played.
    With heirlooms and solo, so no boosting "Arena" quests etc..

Deleted
    Which class?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    That's sad.. all the huge, although past, work of the developers going wasted when you don't experience even half of the content available for your level. I definitely miss old times, when it took months to cap 60s.
    Difference between now and then is that so many people have alts now. People know which quests to do to lvl as fast as possible. The lvling content also becomes extremely boring after having lvled 10~ alts already.

My quickest played time was on my monk. I went from 1 to 90 in 3 days played, while still reading the MoP quests. 85-90 isn't as long as you make it out to be tbh. I probably went 85-90 on my druid in about half a day/a day played.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    85-90 isn't as long as you make it out to be tbh.
    Sitting around at the quest hub thinking "Do I really have to?!" definitely adds some /played time for me at least

Recently lvled a warlock, did 1-85 in a little less than 2 days played.
    Didn't check at 90 though.

It went really fast, there's a bit of a random factor in there, do you win that first daily random BG or you lose 4-5 in a row.
    Slow dungeon groups, wipes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Difference between now and then is that so many people have alts now. People know which quests to do to lvl as fast as possible. The lvling content also becomes extremely boring after having lvled 10~ alts already.

My quickest played time was on my monk. I went from 1 to 90 in 3 days played, while still reading the MoP quests. 85-90 isn't as long as you make it out to be tbh. I probably went 85-90 on my druid in about half a day/a day played.
    At least you had to clear zones back then though :/ And move between zones because you cleared them at times even. Take STV for example - You do the masteries and a dungeon and you're level 30 - Southern STV is nearly as quick, you don't even need to go to booty bay. It's just so fast.

By solo, you mean only questing, with no multiple dungeon runs (only doing once for the quests) and no battleground runs, correct? I think all the people saying "I did 1-90 in 2-3 days /played" probably chain-ran dungeons and/or battlegrounds, which isn't exactly solo play. So doing it the way I interpret the OP's method would take longer than 2-3 days /played.

I recently leveled my Warlock 1-90 in roughly 3 days played time. Could have done it quicker if I didn't decide to catch up with my mining/eng before I hit 70+ zones.

I think 85-90 in about 16 hours, so about 2 days 8 hours to 85.
    Last edited by dercaderca; 2013-02-14 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    By solo, you mean only questing, with no multiple dungeon runs (only doing once for the quests) and no battleground runs, correct? I think all the people saying "I did 1-90 in 2-3 days /played" probably chain-ran dungeons and/or battlegrounds, which isn't exactly solo play. So doing it the way I interpret the OP's method would take longer than 2-3 days /played.
    Isn't questing faster than dungeons? It was for my warrior and my recent 90 warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    He did experience it.. the first, second and probably third time. I have 10 85s.. all of which were almost kept up to pace each expansion. Notice he said he had full heirlooms!! it isn´t even just gear, it is also experience with how quests work which makes it faster.

I have a new player guild, and let me tell you, those guys are NOT doing it fast at all. Even with a guild to answer questions quickly, most of them take an hour per level or more even in the 20s. I have one guy I talk to a lot, and he has been in Northrend forever (at least since 2012)...because guess what.. he is seeing all the content.

Isn't questing faster than dungeons? It was for my warrior and my recent 90 warlock.
    Not sure. All I have ever done is questing on any of my characters, as the players who run the dungeons at low levels leave much to be desired (my opinion). I always gathered that chain-running dungeons was a faster way to level than questing, since that's all people ever seemed to do once the dungeon finder was implemented. Though from what I have heard, questing 85-90 is much faster than running dungeons.

Deleted
    In my experience, dungeon grinding is only really fast till ~40, after that you are better of doing quests with queuing each dungeon once for quests. Especially BRS takes too long to be reallyy profittable. (unless you have a preset group which just plows though the dungeons - then dungeoning might be faster)

Doing that, i lvled my new druid after christmas in ~3,5 days \played to 90, without heirlooms and only guild xp bonus. (and leveling professions, although those professions where herbing and skinning, so i only had to do some catching up at ~35 and after that they more or less leveled themselves)

Also ,you end up with quite a lot of gold. Ignoring the random mop epic some mop dropped me, and the transmog bow i sold for 2k, i ended up with ~3k after buying 280% flying, just seeling excess herbs and leather i wouldnt need to level alchemy and leatherworking later on.

While compared to maybe earlier expansions this really is fast, i still think this takes way too long :< i rerolled on a new realm and would like to have another class to play with at max level, but i just cannot get myself to do the grind again. (especially as i have nearly all classes at 80/85+ on my old realm after abusing RAF )

Especially Pandaria is just plain stupid. I have leveled 4 classes to 90 now (3 on my old realm, which i did in my little break in the month shortly after rls) and i just cannot see the leveling zones in pandaria anymore (and thats without having the quest acm for any of the zones, with about 1 quest hub in each zone left for the acms t.t). While i guess this is understandable, as already having leveled 4 chars to max level is probably more than blizzard assumes for a standard player, i never had such problems with the cata zones >_>

Deleted
    85-90 I can see closer to 10-15.
    I did 80-90 on my Monk in 23 hours when doing the Realm First race, and that's including the 8 or something 50% exp buffs that Monks get. 80-85 probably took ~4h. 15h to get to 90 from 85 (started at 80.99 from grants) when you're not giving it your all with consumables and nonstop leveling is pushing it, it'll take longer than that.

I have always said and still say they should get rid of all leveling and make progression based on attunements and progression through dungeons or other means. That would make everything still relevant and would have to see/run everything to advance.