Page 9 of 152 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    never mind, then. don't remember it being like this from back in the day though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jokern View Post
    Are we supposed to open with doomguard? Dosent he get extra dmg o targets under 25%?
    basically, it is almost always best to use doomguard at the end. if the boss's sub 20% phase last less than 1 minute, use doomguard at 25% or 30% for example. you need to ensure the DG is up for the entire minute while maximising sub 20% uptime. and no, DG does not benefit from heroism in MoP.

imo, the only fight where you use DG at the start instead of execute is blade lord since the running means he will never be up for a decent ammount of execute time. and obviously fights like sha where you can use it twice

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    obviously fights like sha where you can use it twice
    More like three times .

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    More like three times .
    not on normal

lowly 'not progressing on sha HC' raider here ;p

More like three times .
    Our 2nd phase doesn't last more than 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Our 2nd phase doesn't last more than 10 minutes
    I guess ours doesn't either anymore, even one shotting him (sans P1 buff FTW) only lasts like 18 mins now. I miss the good ol' days of having 3 DG summons on 1 fight. Shucks.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 03:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    not on normal

lowly 'not progressing on sha HC' raider here ;p
    On Heroic when you start doing that you'll be able to do it three times . LOOK FORWARD TO IT! It goes away faster than you'd think!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess ours doesn't either anymore, even one shotting him (sans P1 buff FTW) only lasts like 18 mins now. I miss the good ol' days of having 3 DG summons on 1 fight. Shucks.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 03:35 AM ----------

On Heroic when you start doing that you'll be able to do it three times . LOOK FORWARD TO IT! It goes away faster than you'd think!
    i dont think heroic sha is on my list before 5.2 if im honest but im sure it would have been fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Any tips on Lei Shi H?
    Problem is I'm not able to correctly put stacks on her because smb (tank or stinkin Melee) gets up in the way (During Away also).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Any tips on Lei Shi H?
    Problem is I'm not able to correctly put stacks on her because smb (tank or stinkin Melee) gets up in the way (During Away also).
    How my guild does it is cut it into 3 slices, behinds the boss is DPS \ Healers, to the front left is Tanks, to the front right is Scary Fog stacks. Then you can also setup a gateway for scary fog people to easily switch during Get Away!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Any tips on Lei Shi H?
    First of all, whole raid should stay at one point for get away. In my guilds that point is north east - about 4-6 yards from boss. Im putting gateway almost at the boss - about 1 yard away from him at south side. When im runinng - im doing it betwen north west and south east sides. Its easy to handle it that way.

So I recently made the switch from affliction over to demonology and I'm kinda curious at what you usually average for dps on a fight like say for example A. Heroic Feng and B. Stone Guards heroic.

Also, I've pretty much followed Zinnins gem and reforging, but I still kinda feel something is not 100% correct.
    Would you recommend me doing any changes, or just stick with my current reforges/gems .

eu,battle,net/wow/en/character/executus/Snotface/advanced (cant post links yet, switch the , with . )

Deleted
    For HC Feng I always go Destruction becuase I'm more comfortable there.

But last try at Stone Guards HC I had around 167k as Demonology.

Let me see if I can find some WoL for you, mind you though, it's probably not impressive nor optimal nor well played by any means as I'm often more confused than happy as Demonologist!

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lk...30&e=514#Lemie
    Last edited by mmocc408757861; 2013-02-16 at 03:22 AM. Reason: whoops, wrong log at first

After taking 4pT14 how should I best handle the cooldown during the fight (in the middle of the fight I mean)?
    Wild Imp + DS + GoServ
    It depends on the fight of course, but .... in general I have some doubts ... I can not find a definite answer to maximize the use

Wild Imps without DS is still a loss of damage right?
    Currently my rotation of CD is: (if possible)

- Wild Imp + DS + GoServ
    - DS
    - DS + Imp + Wild GoServ
    - DS
    - Ect ..

Correct or something wrong?

Sorry for my bad English
    Last edited by Darkensoul89; 2013-02-16 at 11:08 PM.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys. I've been tinkering with demonology and aff latley on my warlock. Currently, due to my gear (Pre-LFR) I'm sticking to demon all the time. That said, I'm trying to get as good as I can. I've been tinkering with the whole HoG shadowflame dot clipping but I'm finding it extremely hard to time due to me having to "guess" when HoG has less than 6 sec left before cast b/c of its 2 stack. OmniCC doesn't seem to want to track the CD of that second stack. So my question is this: Is there a way to get OmniCC to track it? Or, could someone recommend and addon to track that second stack's CD?

I apologize if this has been asked 1000 times in the 'lock forum, but I tried a few search key terms and couldn't find anything relating to this.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Hi guys. I've been tinkering with demonology and aff latley on my warlock. Currently, due to my gear (Pre-LFR) I'm sticking to demon all the time. That said, I'm trying to get as good as I can. I've been tinkering with the whole HoG shadowflame dot clipping but I'm finding it extremely hard to time due to me having to "guess" when HoG has less than 6 sec left before cast b/c of its 2 stack. OmniCC doesn't seem to want to track the CD of that second stack. So my question is this: Is there a way to get OmniCC to track it? Or, could someone recommend and addon to track that second stack's CD?

I apologize if this has been asked 1000 times in the 'lock forum, but I tried a few search key terms and couldn't find anything relating to this.
    Affdots will track it for you.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    what i do is.... HoG, shadowboltx2, HoG. i found the cast time of 2 SB to be perfect

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
    Affdots will track it for you.
    Thank-you
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been seeing more and more highly progressed locks using soul link over pact, is this more of a case of soul link being good on a few specific fights rather then its just being secretly good?

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Rathgar View Post
    I've been seeing more and more highly progressed locks using soul link over pact, is this more of a case of soul link being good on a few specific fights rather then its just being secretly good?
    Mostly just because they're doing farm content, when you don't have to really worry about dying or to not blow a couple GCDs in the fight :P.
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-02-18 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah when do one want to use Soul Link?
    I find this talent really... confusing.

Where do you guys use it and why?