Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I've often wondered why bolvar doesnt just march all the undead towards the nearest lava lake and let them perish. or at the very least retreat all the undead into icecrown and allow them to freeze and become blocks of ice.
    Plot coupon. People still think that fanbase doesnt write the plot? Just wait and see how scourge will march against the legion soon... Its just too obvious.

He is evil, he wants that horde and alliance fight each other to weaken each other and I bet he has a secret pact with Sageras. I think this is all part of his masterplan to get revenge on us, us who killed both of this parents...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me.... and this is totally what I think... Wrathion will become the next Earth Warden And Thrall will come back to lead the Horde. Thus making the Aspects again what they should be. Would love that. Thrall being the only non-dragon seems a bit awkward to me. And yes it has to be a member of the Black dragon flight. We see in Wrathion that not all of them are corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    He is evil, he wants that horde and alliance fight each other to weaken each other and I bet he has a secret pact with Sageras. I think this is all part of his masterplan to get revenge on us, us who killed both of this parents...
    why would a black dragon side with sargeras?

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 08:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mietsch View Post
    If you ask me.... and this is totally what I think... Wrathion will become the next Earth Warden And Thrall will come back to lead the Horde. Thus making the Aspects again what they should be. Would love that. Thrall being the only non-dragon seems a bit awkward to me. And yes it has to be a member of the Black dragon flight. We see in Wrathion that not all of them are corrupted.
    thrall was never the earth warden. aspects dont exist anymore all the power is gone. wrathion cannot become an aspect unless the titans come back and power him up
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    It's indeed clear that he has his own agenda. So far he is not completely 100% evil but what I think that he is seeking the knowledge, and the power of the titan to be able to overthrow them both the titans and the Burning Legion. He will be the kinda guy who will use the Horde and the Alliance to destroy the Burning Legion and the titans..to make Azeroth undependance and free from the Titans grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    It's indeed clear that he has his own agenda. So far he is not completely 100% evil but what I think that he is seeking the knowledge, and the power of the titan to be able to overthrow them both the titans and the Burning Legion. He will be the kinda guy who will use the Horde and the Alliance to destroy the Burning Legion and the titans..to make Azeroth undependance and free from the Titans grasp.
    he cares about azeroth being safe. the titans would destroy azeroth if they came here, so would the legion, so would the old gods from outer space and the old gods underground if they got loose.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    he cares about azeroth being safe. the titans would destroy azeroth if they came here, so would the legion, so would the old gods from outer space and the old gods underground if they got loose.
    That's exactly why I said I think he seeks power and knowledge to make Azeroth for himself and away from the Titans blue print map. Kinda making it a free planet from any of the Titans or the Burning Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    thrall was never the earth warden. aspects dont exist anymore all the power is gone. wrathion cannot become an aspect unless the titans come back and power him up
    Thrall was most definitely the Earth-Warder. It's in the tooltip for Last Defender of Azeroth. Alexstrasza addresses him as such during the Ultraxion encounter:

Alexstrasza says: It is done. Our power now resides within the Dragon Soul. Our fate lies with you, Earth Warder.
    Thrall says: Taretha...Cairne...Aggra...I will not fail you. I will not fail this world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Thrall was most definitely the Earth-Warder. It's in the tooltip for Last Defender of Azeroth. Alexstrasza addresses him as such during the Ultraxion encounter:

Yes he was but it was just temporary he can't sustain the power being the Earth Warden forever because he is not a real one.

Deleted
    I think he's alright, deffinatly a tad chaotic but not evil. I think he's playing the factions like an instrument to ensure that the most level-headed in each faction are the ones left in charge so the horde and alliance can live in peace and face the coming threats together (hinted to be the legion from the hologram things he shows of azeroth being bombarded by green fire).

he wasnt a real one though. he was more like a stand in because he was so close to the earth and elements. the only reason he could survive it was because he was feeding all the power to the dragon soul. otherwise he wouldve burned up and died

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Yes he was but it was just temporary he can't sustain the power being the Earth Warden forever because he is not a real one.
    he wasnt a real one though. he was more like a stand in because he was so close to the earth and elements. the only reason he could survive it was because he was feeding all the power to the dragon soul. otherwise he wouldve burned up and died
    We don't know that it was only temporary because ALL the Aspects lost their powers when Deathwing was defeated.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No, he's clearly chaotic evil. He has no plans, he's just making Alliance and Horde kill eachother just because he can. Isn't that a scarier thought? I mean, he's clearly duplicitous and two faced telling you regardless of faction that yours has his full support, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw his whelp form.
    Chaotic evil and no plan? What?! Wrathion is quite possibly the ONLY npc in this entire franchise currently WITH a plan.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Chaotic evil and no plan? What?! Wrathion is quite possibly the ONLY npc in this entire franchise currently WITH a plan.
    varian has a plan. hes gonna let garrosh keep running around like a bull ruining the horde then when he runs out of steam hes gonna come in and cut him down O-O

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    We don't know that it was only temporary because ALL the Aspects lost their powers when Deathwing was defeated.
    Yes we do know it was just temporary, since becoming an Aspect requires quite a few things. First of all it requires a rather fancy Titanic ritual, involving the moons. It also requires that there isn't another Aspect of X if you wish to become the Aspect of X.

None of this happened during the DS raid where Thrall was the substitute Earth-Warden.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 03:17 PM ----------

varian has a plan. hes gonna let garrosh keep running around like a bull ruining the horde then when he runs out of steam hes gonna come in and cut him down O-O
    Not really a plan though is it? And most certainly not a cunning one at that :P

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    HOWEVER, Blizzard has been ham-handing around the ol' "IS THIS GUY REALLY LOOKING OUT FOR EVERYONES BEST INTEREST!???! HMMMMMMM!??????" crap that they use to subtly hint at an upcoming villain ... so who knows?
    To be fair, Metzen has been pretty consistent in confirming that what Wrathion's doing will have long-term positive effects on Azeroth's well-being. He's being coy as to whether or not that necessarily means long-term benefits for the Alliance and Horde on purpose, though.

As far as my take, Wrathion is a solid Chaotic Good. He's working toward Azeroth's best interests and working to prepare for the Legion invasion, no matter what it's going to take and no matter what other factions think of him.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I think he is in a "gray" area.

He isn't really a "bad guy" but he does things that doesn't really make him the "good guy" either.
    "A hero. Not the hero we deserved but the hero we needed. Nothing less than a knight. Shining."

10+ Year Old Account
    The novel Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects explicitly states that while Thrall can pull the job in an emergency situation as a stand-in (for when all five Aspects are needed), he cannot and will never become the actual Earth-Warder in full.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yes we do know it was just temporary, since becoming an Aspect requires quite a few things. First of all it requires a rather fancy Titanic ritual, involving the moons. It also requires that there isn't another Aspect of X if you wish to become the Aspect of X.

None of this happened during the DS raid where Thrall was the substitute Earth-Warden.
    It's confusing. Deathwing seems to think it's possible for the other Aspects to replace him as Earth-Warder even though they told Thrall he wouldn't become one.

"I have been awaiting your arrival, watching your spirit stumble blindly through the slopes of Hyjal," Deathwing said. "I had presumed you lacked the courage to journey beyond the mountain, but your progress proves what I have suspected... The other Aspects seek to grant you my powers. They wish to replace me with a mortal."
    The meaning was lost on Thrall. Although he now possessed enhanced abilities, Ysera and her comrades had told him that he would never become an Aspect or, by extension, the Earth-Warder.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...cts/3#readmode

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 06:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    The novel Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects explicitly states that while Thrall can pull the job in an emergency situation as a stand-in (for when all five Aspects are needed), he cannot and will never become the actual Earth-Warder in full.
    This was mentioned in Charge of the Aspects, but Deathwing believes the other Aspects have the power to replace him with Thrall.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-02-14 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was mentioned in Charge of the Aspects, but Deathwing believes the other Aspects have the power to replace him with Thrall.
    Deathwing's also shithouse crazy. I wouldn't rely on him as a verifiable source for anything short of spontaneous recitals of Henry VIII.