Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I guess 5.2 isnt comming in 2 weeks after all, probably mid or early March it seens, that seens better and may actualy give them time to test the stuf instead of rushing the patch.

Also about the tunning of ToT if it is realy 502 to do the first normal boss we gona have a serious colapse on raid participation, my guild is 10/16 H (almost 11/16 damm you Amber Shapper) and weve been doing heroics regularly for over 2 months and were just now passing the 502 ilevel mark (average, I have 505 ilevel for instance but we have a terribly unlucky Dk whos just 498) so if you gona need 2 months of heroic T14 to start on normal T15 it simply wont work. Also 502 is completly prohibitive for ppl wanting to move from LFR to normals they cant seriously expect ppl to raid the previous tier heroic modes to gear if theyre normal raiders/LFRers.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2013-02-14 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Given how few people use it, never mind clear it, I cannot understand why heroic mode raids are even in the game.
    With it's slow decline, probably same can be said about 25m raiding too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    Those People can't be seroius. Why are there already people complaining about the release of 5.2 in two weeks? The people used to cry about no content the last expansions... I just don't get it. What's wrong with them?
    simple answer is that it is only the upper (low)% of guilds and players who have completed the content.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    I guess 5.2 isnt comming in 2 weeks after all, probably mid or early March it seens, that seens better and may actualy give them time to test the stuf instead of rushing the patch.

Also about the tunning of ToT if it is realy 502 to do the first normal boss we gona have a serious colapse on raid participation, my guild is 10/16 H (almost 11/16 damm you Amber Shapper) and weve been doing heroics regularly for over 2 months and were just now passing the 502 ilevel mark (average, I have 505 ilevel for instance but we have a terribly unlucky Dk whos just 498) so if you gona need 2 months of heroic T14 to start on normal T15 it simply wont work. Also 502 is completly prohibitive for ppl wanting to move from LFR to normals they cant seriously expect ppl to raid the previous tier heroic modes to gear if theyre normal raiders/LFRers.
    i beleive ilvl for the new raids on lfr is bumped to 510.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Given how few people use it, never mind clear it, I cannot understand why heroic mode raids are even in the game.
    Otherwise the Heroic mode raiders would quit and there won't enough good players to carry the 10k DPS in LFR and LFD.

How would you like spending 45 minutes in Shado-Pan Monastery because all 3 DPS with 460 ilvl can only pull 10k DPS?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    i beleive ilvl for the new raids on lfr is bumped to 510.
    Source....?

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Haha, nice try.
    The truth is, only 450 guilds killed Sha on HC yet. That's between 4500 and 11250 people. It would be more than fine for 11k people to wait a few months so some more can catch up.
    11k is only about 0.12% out of 9.5 million, and that's generously assuming every Sha HC kill was 25man, so the true percentage is actually way lower.
    I discounted the people who had already cleared Heroic Sha, as well as not counting alts, in order to make the figures slightly more favourable for those who wish for the content to be delayed. With taking off the lower of your estimate that leaves 71k players that have a chance of downing HC Sha although the figure of 76k was extremely generous the reality is it only those who have already started or are about to start on Heroic Terrace that have chance.

There are more players than just those that raid heroics, what are the people that are only interested in normal modes, the LFR player, the non-raider, in other words the majority going to do for content whilst they wait for heroic raider to complete the current tier?

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Otherwise the Heroic mode raiders would quit and there won't enough good players to carry the 10k DPS in LFR and LFD.

How would you like spending 45 minutes in Shado-Pan Monastery because all 3 DPS with 460 ilvl can only pull 10k DPS?
    Oh get over yourself. There are people who are just as skilled as some of the heroic raiders who only run LFR. I have honestly never seen anyone doing 10k dps in LFR or LFD unless they were healing as well.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-02-14 at 05:14 PM.

been there, and I assume that is why there is a limit to vote kicks............

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Source....?
    my downing of dark animus on ptr? like I said " i believe " havent been back on ptr since then I just know that it was a rediculously high level which infered that the content catered to players who had completed at least some heroic 5.0 content.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 12:19 PM ----------

"just as skilled as heroic raiders who only run LFR"

do you read what you write?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Oh get over yourself. There are people who are just as skilled as some of the heroic raiders who only run LFR. I have honestly never seen anyone doing 10k dps in LFR or LFD unless they were healing as well.
    Or not bothering to try, basically not technically AFK but not really participating either. I've seen that a lot. In fact I think there has been at least one guy /dancing in the back of nearly every LFR Sha kill I've done. But as long as they are at least trying the lowest I've seen is mid 20ks. At this point I think someone could just autoattack and do more than 10k.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    Those People can't be seroius. Why are there already people complaining about the release of 5.2 in two weeks? The people used to cry about no content the last expansions... I just don't get it. What's wrong with them?
    Same as it every was, really. People complain about everything.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Or not bothering to try, basically not technically AFK but not really participating either. I've seen that a lot. In fact I think there has been at least one guy /dancing in the back of nearly every LFR Sha kill I've done. But as long as they are at least trying the lowest I've seen is mid 20ks. At this point I think someone could just autoattack and do more than 10k.
    I have taken to cueing as dps and dpsing in my tank spec so that I can step in and save the raid when some player who has no business in a 5 man regular dungeon let alone an LFR crumples.

[/COLOR]"just as skilled as heroic raiders who only run LFR"

do you read what you write?
    His statement is totally accurate. Just because someone runs only LFR does not mean they are bad. It could very easily mean that their schedule does not allow for scheduled raiding, thus LFR is their only option. People who picked up this game when they were in their teens or early 20s, the ones chasing world firsts in Vanilla and TBC, are now in their mid 20s to early 30s and likely have jobs, families, and other commitments that have lowered their available playing time. It doesn't mean they got bad. It just means they can't hold to a Mon-Thurs 4 hours a night raiding schedule any longer.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Considering 5.2 is being released in March, that would make it on route to 6 months of content availability... that is more then enough longevity for a tier to be enjoyed and experienced for every class of players... bring fresh new stuff to keep interest peaked. Stale\Stagnant content = boredon = loss of subscriptions.

Release of new content cannot be tied to the completion rate of less active guilds... I just find it ridiculous.

Deleted
    I'd be absolutely fine with the launch date if current heroics weren't getting the 10% nerf, rendering anything done in the 5.1 raids after 5.2 totally useless. They could keep 5.1 raids part of the progress, but no. They wanted to nerf them even more than ilvl from 5.2 will.

Carry? You act like they could not of done it without you being there, truth of the matter is that they would of completed the content without you. You just contributed more than people with lower ilevel than you, which is no shocker. The people doin 10k are not doing it because they suck at playing, they do it because they know they can go afk and do nothing while pulling down loot.

His statement is totally accurate. Just because someone runs only LFR does not mean they are bad. It could very easily mean that their schedule does not allow for scheduled raiding, thus LFR is their only option. People who picked up this game when they were in their teens or early 20s, the ones chasing world firsts in Vanilla and TBC, are now in their mid 20s to early 30s and likely have jobs, families, and other commitments that have lowered their available playing time. It doesn't mean they got bad. It just means they can't hold to a Mon-Thurs 4 hours a night raiding schedule any longer.
    It takes no longer for the skilled players that we are talking about to run a couple of heroic bosses than it does to wait in que for an hour and then wipe a few times in LFR.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Considering 5.2 is being released in March, that would make it on route to 6 months of content availability... that is more then enough longevity for a tier to be enjoyed and experienced for every class of players... bring fresh new stuff to keep interest peaked. Stale\Stagnant content = boredon = loss of subscriptions.

Release of new content cannot be tied to the completion rate of less active guilds... I just find it ridiculous.
    When did Februry 26 get moved to the March calendar?

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    the overall feeling in my guild is that it is a shame 5.2 is coming out already. we're 12/16hc atm and had liked an extra month for more progress before starting on the new content.
    we aint complaining that it is too early, but if it was a tad slower we wouldnt be angry about that also.
    You still have 3-4 weeks (a month! Shocker) to complete the content... it's not like it's coming out tomorrow. the content will have been available nearly 6 months.... that's more then enough for any content tier.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 05:46 PM ----------

When did Februry 26 get moved to the March calendar?
    Blue post yesterday or 2 days ago stating : "If you’ve already made plans and sank your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)", that would mean there are at LEAST 3 weeks before 5.2.... that 26th february never was an official date, but hey, everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

Source -> http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...eep-Your-Valor!
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2013-02-14 at 05:48 PM.

It takes no longer for the skilled players that we are talking about to run a couple of heroic bosses than it does to wait in que for an hour and then wipe a few times in LFR.
    I assume you mean that if a player has time to do LFR, then they have time to raid at a level capable of taking down heroic raids. That works great for someone with a set schedule that never (or extremely rarely) varies, and/or is available during times that line up with the raiding schedule of a guild capable of taking down heroic raid content. But there are many highly skilled players for whom neither of those things are true. Again, skill (or lack thereof) is not the only reason someone would run LFR exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You still have 3-4 weeks (a month! Shocker) to complete the content... it's not like it's coming out tomorrow. the content will have been available nearly 6 months.... that's more then enough for any content tier.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 05:46 PM ----------

Blue post yesterday or 2 days ago stating : "If you’ve already made plans and sank your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)", that would mean there are at LEAST 3 weeks before 5.2.... that 26th february never was an official date, but hey, everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

Source -> http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...eep-Your-Valor!
    You gota agree Bashiock made it sound pretty set in stone, and the blue post about the Valor might simply mean you get 2k VP this week and the next patch comes Feb 26th and them you get another 1k and cap Valor.

If it comes early/mid March I think itll be the perfect length, I probably wont be fnished with this heroic tier yet but my guild adimitedly dont raid on hardcore schedule due to RL, but at least well have been given a fair shot, like pretty much every other guild that do some sort or another of heroic progression.

I assume you mean that if a player has time to do LFR, then they have time to raid at a level capable of taking down heroic raids. That works great for someone with a set schedule that never (or extremely rarely) varies, and/or is available during times that line up with the raiding schedule of a guild capable of taking down heroic raid content. But there are many highly skilled players for whom neither of those things are true. Again, skill (or lack thereof) is not the only reason someone would run LFR exclusively.
    This is 100% true there are plenty of quality players that do LFR only due to time constraints. I think LFR is an awesome adition to the game allows for every kind of player (skilled or otherwise, with plenty of time or not) to have some form of raiding and character progression to look foward to. I kust dont like when LFR is too rewarding, so much so it makes normal modes/ heroic modes raiders feel like they have to run LFR every week on top of the raid they normaly do.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2013-02-14 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    If it comes early/mid March I think itll be the perfect length, well have been given a fair shot.
    Only 5 months is hardly a fair shot, it should be at least 8 for that amount of bosses.

i guess ppl are afraid that 5.3 or 5.4 will be 3 times the wait because of that quick release