Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    an honest review to be honest.
    I love the developer bs'ing bits he included. Seriously, how do they say crap like that. Do they really not know or do they really not care?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Tbh It should be illegal to put out fake demos.
    I'm pretty sure bait and switch shenanigans are illegal but who's going to do anything about it? Maybe SEGA could sue. Or there could be a class action lawsuit by the customers but whatever. Buyer beware I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Deleted
    I guess its a minor thing but is everyone forgetting that the aliens actuly have acidic blood? i havent seen a single review or video about it being missing from the game itself it used to hurt you in the older games but its just non existant in this new one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Angry Joe pretty much sums up my thoughts in this release

wow... ive not played it but the Aliens AI looks beyond terrible.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    I guess its a minor thing but is everyone forgetting that the aliens actuly have acidic blood? i havent seen a single review or video about it being missing from the game itself it used to hurt you in the older games but its just non existant in this new one.

i was wondering that from watching a few reviews, it didn't look like it was in the game, they also didn't seem to use their tail as a weapon as much as they did in films.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Looks like it is in multiplayer but it seems missing from singleplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    That gif has been bothering me for a while...

Aliens aren't supposed to be like that, I don't care if that shit spits acid or just explodes on your freaking face but it's highly retarded that it walks, slowly and in such a stupid way.

I won't be getting this game it seems. Only on sale and I won't spend more than like 7€ on it, maybe not even that. Seems like this game failed a lot.
    I'm so glad we have people like you, who wee a .gif completely out of context and base an entire game on it. Those aren't normal aliens, and if you played the game, you'd know that instead of making yourself look ignorant.

I really don't care what other people say, I'm enjoying it. Not as much as I liked the recent AvP game mind you, that one had more aliens in it. This one has too many people to kill and not enough aliens. But the story is fairly cool, the new types of aliens they introduce are awesome, and the nostalgia factor is over 9000 with all the different areas and things you find in the game from the movie. I'm not saying this game is an 8/10, or even a 6/10 for that matter, but I think it was worth the money I spent on it. I'm a huge aliens fan, and this certainly sated my hunger for more aliens-based games for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/revie...onial-marines/

OK, guess who got bought.

For extra lols, look at background.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    wow... ive not played it but the Aliens AI looks beyond terrible.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 09:15 PM ----------

i was wondering that from watching a few reviews, it didn't look like it was in the game, they also didn't seem to use their tail as a weapon as much as they did in films.
    The basic aliens just sort of...run at you and try to grab you. The spitters do actually use their tails. Aliens DO indeed have acid for blood in the game, it has a bad habit of obliterating your armor lol. The AI for the aliens is atrocious, I certainly won't argue that point.

Also, in response to that video, he says LV-426 wasn't destroyed. It's actually pretty fucking destroyed lol, but you also have to remember, the area that was detonated in the movie was fairly far away from the compound you spend the game in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

Naw man, they were the only ones to play the actual game. You know, the one from the E3 demo : 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest Alien and Pred fan since forever. AvP2 is what got me heavy into PC gaming . But I heard this sucked big time. It seems like they can't get the games right anymore. I'm still going to try it though.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Better yet, read the comments at the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

So... Gearbox now has ACM and Duke Forever under their belts. What's next? Daikatana 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Meh... They were just hunting clicks to pump up their stats to show advertisers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    So... Gearbox now has ACM and Duke Forever under their belts. What's next? Daikatana 2?
    They're not totally at fault for DKF. They finished the game and released it. I'm not saying they don't share any of the blame, because they totally do, but they didn't have the property from start to finish like they did with ACM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    They're not totally at fault for DKF. They finished the game and released it. I'm not saying they don't share any of the blame, because they totally do, but they didn't have the property from start to finish like they did with ACM.
    The game should never have been finished in the state it was in. Just looking at ACM, it seems like the same thing. It's as though 5 different companies have worked individually on different pars of the game, then just glued it all together at the end. Neither feels or looks like a whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Also, in response to that video, he says LV-426 wasn't destroyed. It's actually pretty fucking destroyed lol, but you also have to remember, the area that was detonated in the movie was fairly far away from the compound you spend the game in.
    Does the phrase ''this area is going to be a cloud of vapor the size of Nebraska'' ring a bell?

Hadley's Hope should be a hole in the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering how much whoever was in charge actually got paid for this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I'm wondering how much whoever was in charge actually got paid for this.
    Ask Randy Pitchford >.>

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Better yet look at their "screenshots", they are straight from the reviewer media package that many other sites have shown don't reflect at all what the game actually looks like.

LOL, those screenshots look NOTHING like the actual game (judging just by the youtube videos).

Hopefully clueless people who read that review will also read the comments below. ^^
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."