Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    my only issue with it is that it allows me to use it before the 35% mark - i have accidentally hit it before, it annoys me. other than that, it's a fine ability.

going to be extra fine once the KM change goes live, too =)
    I put mine on a shift modifier just to combat this, so many accidental pushes when I had the ability next to something that I use frequently

They need to change it mechanically so it does damage if the target gets to 35% hp as well as having to be under 35%, it should pop once they reach 35% regardless but maybe for 50% less but still have the regular effect with the below 35% when it goes off doing the full damage. This buffs PvP without buffing PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They need to change it mechanically so it does damage if the target gets to 35% hp as well as having to be under 35%, it should pop once they reach 35% regardless but maybe for 50% less but still have the regular effect with the below 35% when it goes off doing the full damage. This buffs PvP without buffing PvE.
    Does a warlock's Drain Soul work this way? If not it's not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Hiboyslol View Post
    Does a warlock's Drain Soul work this way? If not it's not going to happen
    They would likely change similar things to work mechanically the same. However is Drain Soul not channeled? The thing with soul reaper is it has an unreliable execute mechanic unlike other classes such as warriors that has the requirement then get the damage instantly, we have to wait 6 seconds and get them to 35% or below, and in PvP that luxury is seldom there with self heals and healers for DK. This would allows us to at least get a little damage on them appose to having it be useless and a complete waste of 1 rune which we only have 6 of.

Deleted
    It goes perfectly with blood. The rune cost is totally affordable when tanking and there's absolutely no reason to not use Soul Reaper when you can.

It doesn't 'feel' right to me when playing frost though. The rune cost is kinda weird and can mess your rotation, leaving you with a lot of time waiting for runes to come back, even if it's a dps gain. It might be effective, but it's not really fun.

I don't think Soul Reaper should have a cost, I don't even see the point of it since it already has a cooldown. Same thing for Death and Decay and Pillar of Frost. They should totally take the Bone Shield way and become free.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-02-14 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They would likely change similar things to work mechanically the same. However is Drain Soul not channeled? The thing with soul reaper is it has an unreliable execute mechanic unlike other classes such as warriors that has the requirement then get the damage instantly, we have to wait 6 seconds and get them to 35% or below, and in PvP that luxury is seldom there with self heals and healers for DK. This would allows us to at least get a little damage on them appose to having it be useless and a complete waste of 1 rune which we only have 6 of.
    You get the initial damage from the application.

I understand PvP is hard and presents different challenges to a player. We have ways of negating healing, someone mentioned earlier that they enjoy stacking Necrotic strikes on a player. I am sure that top ranked dks have figured out how to use SR effectively in pvp or there would have been a change.

You get the initial damage from the application.

I understand PvP is hard and presents different challenges to a player. We have ways of negating healing, someone mentioned earlier that they enjoy stacking Necrotic strikes on a player. I am sure that top ranked dks have figured out how to use SR effectively in pvp or there would have been a change.
    Oh ya NS is definitely a must use in PVP, res effects it quite a bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    It goes perfectly with blood. The rune cost is totally affordable when tanking and there's absolutely no reason to not use Soul Reaper when you can.

It doesn't 'feel' right to me when playing frost though. The rune cost is kinda weird and can mess your rotation, leaving you with a lot of time waiting for runes to come back, even if it's a dps gain. I might be effective, but it's not really fun.

I don't think Soul Reaper should have a cost, I don't even see the point of it since it already has a cooldown. Same thing for Death and Decay and Pillar of Frost. They should totally take the Bone Shield way and become free.
    Bone shield became free because we don't have a shield, I don't see the justification of the other things you mentioned not having a cost.

Deleted
    Bone shield became free because we don't have a shield, I don't see the justification of the other things you mentioned not having a cost.
    No. It became free because it's cost was competing against death strike. (Just like Death and Decay was, hence the crimson scourge change. Soul Reaper and Pillar or Frost are both interfering with our normal rotation in frost, but to a lesser extent because it's still a dps gain to use them.)

The rune system doesn't offer much flexibility, especially now that the old blood tap is gone. If bone shield was changed, it's mainly because of all these reasons. Not because we don't have a shield, or whatever other irrelevant stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-02-14 at 09:40 PM.

I actually like Soul Reaper having a rune cost.

Because that means it still generates runic power. I suppose if it was just a CD that might be moot, but it does still keep rune regen rolling.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Soul Reaper and Pillar or Frost are both interfering with our normal rotation in frost, but to a lesser extent because it's still a dps gain to use them.)
    Can you explain the rational behind abilities that are dps increases being an interference to our dps rotation? Because I don't see the logic there.

Deleted
    Can you explain the rational behind abilities that are dps increases being an interference to our dps rotation? Because I don't see the logic there.
    I don't understand what you're not seeing.

Using these gives you more dps, but it changes the rotation, leaving you with orphan runes and making it feel slower by adding waiting time. Quoting myself here;

It might be effective, but it's not really fun.

I don't understand what you're not seeing.

Using these gives you more dps, but it changes the rotation, leaving you with orphan runes and making it feel slower by adding waiting time. Quoting myself here;
    What you call fun everyone else would call over powered and then we would get nerfed and that isn't fun.

what other class has a no cost damage boost on a 1 minute cd
    what other class has a hard hitting aoe on a 20sec cd that generates resources
    what other class has a no cost execute that also generates resources

I would say no other class has anything that could compete with that
    Last edited by JGWentworth; 2013-02-14 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    Which is why you don't raid.
    No I don't raid because LFR let's me see content. So why would I waste time gemming, researching priorities, etc. I'd rather spend that time doing important things in life.

Deleted
    What you call fun everyone else would call over powered and then we would get nerfed and that isn't fun.
    Now that's rather interesting.

Why do you think it would be overpowered ? It's not like you could spam it, right ?

Now that's rather interesting.

Why do you think it would be overpowered ? It's not like you could spam it, right ?
    Because our execute is the only one that you can start before the execute phase, the only one that starts at such a high level of health (35%) and it generates a resource. As to your other things you want free I stated my responses above.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    No I don't raid because LFR let's me see content. So why would I waste time gemming, researching priorities, etc. I'd rather spend that time doing important things in life.
    Is there really a need for that parting jab?

Like posting nonsense on a forum that mostly discusses raiding? :O

Deleted
    Because our execute is the only one that you can start before the execute phase, the only one that starts at such a high level of health (35%) and it generates a resource. As to your other things you want free I stated my responses above.[COLOR="red"]
    You can't exactly use it before the execute phase. The only reason you can plan things, is because it's the only execute-like move that won't deal immediate damage. It's also by far not the most powerful anyway. And if we're going this way, it's also the only execute that can fail after it's been used on a target.

And about Pillar of Frost and DnD, I don't think it would make them overpowered. We're basically already casting free DnD as blood, and it honestly doesn't change much in terms of dps. (Unless you're in a AoE situation, of course, which isn't a real issue as frost anyway, since you're already using all your frost runes.) The cost of Pillar of Frost though, is just annoying and shouldn't be here anymore, in my eyes.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-02-14 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Like posting nonsense on a forum that mostly discusses raiding? :O
    well played

well played
    Well you did basically play the 'lol i have a life loser' card. It was kind of amusing.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf