Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Did Blizzard change how this achievement works or was I just unlucky on my first few attempts? Whenever we let the boss die to 2nd arm death during the 12 second wind created by 1st arm death we wouldn't get the achievement.

Calling BS on being able to get the achievement if he dies due to damage from an arm dying.

Did this on 3 toons today and DPS'd his body to 25% then killed both arms and never got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Did Blizzard change how this achievement works or was I just unlucky on my first few attempts? Whenever we let the boss die to 2nd arm death during the 12 second wind created by 1st arm death we wouldn't get the achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Calling BS on being able to get the achievement if he dies due to damage from an arm dying.

Did this on 3 toons today and DPS'd his body to 25% then killed both arms and never got it.
    This must be a recent change then, because I did it this way when I was first soloing Ulduar, and I was level 90, and got it.

Are you sure the arms died within 12 seconds of each other?

EDIT: Just wanting to point out Wowhead is giving conflicting reports, which would lead me to believe that you will NOT get the achievement if the body is killed by the arms, just because it's harder to make that mistake I would think.
    Last edited by Magpai; 2013-02-15 at 02:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Also two hands dying simultaneously would result in achievement failure because then the another arm kills the boss
    I laughed unwillingly at this statement just because i imagined the raid destroying an arm, and then Kologarn being ambushed by the other one and dying.

But on a serious note, what?
    Say, an arm in 10men has 512.5k hp. Killing both results in a 1M and something damage to Kologarn. If his life is lower than this amount, he dies without giving you the achievement.

You have 12 seconds before he regenerates a limb.
    Watch out, because sometimes he strangulates himself with the remaining arm so you cannot get the achievement! All while laughing at you.

We would always make sure that we killed both arms to where it left the torso with enough hp that we had to hit it a couple times to kill him and get the achieve. I've done it 4-5 times at least, and that's how it's worked each time. I've had 2-3 failed attempts where damage to the torso caused by an arm dying would not grant credit. Yes, even when it was the second arm to die.

To me it sounds like it is a bug. I led several GotUR runs on alts at the end of wrath, and every time it was, "kill the arms, dps body to 25ish%, arms regen, split dps on arms to 10%, kill both arms, achieve". There are several known bugs with old raid achievements lately. Couple weeks ago I was in a Tot4W group for meta achieves, on al'akir we had 2 or 3 sparks alive in p3 to make sure we had enough for the "Four Play" achieve. When we killed him he had at least 2 stacks of feedback with plenty of time, but no one got the achieve. People put in a ticket and the GMs credited them with the achieve within about 2 hours of the ticket.

tl;dr - if you did it the "kill both arms to kill the torso" way and didn't get credit, submit a ticket (also include the approx. time of the kill, helps them look through their logs more easily), you might get the achieve awarded to you.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki