Monster Power efficiency

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VpFTl9jVEFOVmc

The basic possible math and conclusion, I hope it helps some, too bad 99% of D3 players are gone
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-10-12 at 06:29 PM.

Deleted
    How did you figure it takes 1 second to kill something?
    Also, it's not possible to kill stuff in MP3-4 faster or in the same pace as MP1 since they have more HP, unless you have insane DPS and one-shot anything.

You completely don't understand, did u ever had statistics or economics? But dw, I will explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    How did you figure it takes 1 second to kill something?
    On the left side, I wrote "we assume that" which means theoretically which means it doesnt matter what your dps is, for the sake of counting ratio of each MP, we assume that it takes 1 second to kill 100% of the mob hp. It doesnt matter if in reality it is 10 or even 1000 seconds. We also don't take into account what mob it is, because whatever u put there, ratio will remain the same as u should only compare the same mobs in the same enviroment. We are only counting ratios of each MP, to find the best effeciency one.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    Also, it's not possible to kill stuff in MP3-4 faster or in the same pace as MP1 since they have more HP, unless you have insane DPS and one-shot anything.
    Read the conclusion again. I wrote, that it is only viable to use MP higher than 1 IF your dps allows you to kill stuff as fast as on MP1. It doesnt matter if it takes 10 seconds on MP1 or 20seconds. And there are some insane geared heroes who can kill MP3 as fast as MP1.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-10-13 at 10:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    You completely don't understand, did u ever had statistics or economics? But dw, I will explain.

On the left side, I wrote "we assume that" which means theoretically which means it doesnt matter what your dps is, for the sake of counting ratio of each MP, we assume that it takes 1 second to kill 100% of the mob hp. It doesnt matter if in reality it is 10 or even 1000 seconds. We also don't take into account what mob it is, because whatever u put there, ratio will remain the same as u should only compare the same mobs in the same enviroment. We are only counting ratios of each MP, to find the best effeciency one.

Read the conclusion again. I wrote, that it is only viable to use MP higher than 1 IF your dps allows you to kill stuff as fast as on MP1. It doesnt matter if it takes 10 seconds on MP1 or 20seconds. And there are some insane geared heroes who can kill MP3 as fast as MP1.
    Yeah, I get it now. You don't care about affixes, mob types ect. You just say that if after 1000 runs of Act 3 right now, your average time/run is 20mins, it will be 3.26 times higher at MP3 unless you have exceptional gear.

Exactly Like I said, it is the simplest possible math to calc the ratio of MP and to find when which MP is worth the effort. Factors like mob types, affixes, random affixes and time between kills or kills/second etc are only complicating while results in terms of ratio, will stay the same.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-10-13 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    So basically the MF bonus is small compared to the effort it will take you to kill the stronger monsters. This is interesting. If it proves correct and people are not motivated enough to increase MP beyond 1 then Blizzard might actually consider tweaking the numbers.

Thats what theory says, assuming that our dps does not allow us to kill MP2+ as fast as MP1. But I am guessing that only we know about it and most of the remaning players will try as high as possible MP because of "bonus item", while this bonus item is only for normal monsters, not champions/elites/bosses.
    I am gonna try to gear up my Wizard to be able to kill at least MP2 as fast as MP1.

Question for anyone that's actually played on PTR and fiddled with MP a bit. I have 84k dps on my character sheet, though obviously I do more than that due to the nature of abilities and such. On live, I can kill an act 3 boss within the duration of WOTB, so about 15 seconds. Think MP2 will slow me down significantly more than MP1?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Question for anyone that's actually played on PTR and fiddled with MP a bit. I have 84k dps on my character sheet, though obviously I do more than that due to the nature of abilities and such. On live, I can kill an act 3 boss within the duration of WOTB, so about 15 seconds. Think MP2 will slow me down significantly more than MP1?
    Act 3 right now is about MP3-4 in difficulty after the patch So, MP1 will be faster than 15secs.

Nice thread. Luckily I've been speed farming mp3 because it felt the best. Glad to see the math to support it. Please put your spread sheet on Diablo fans if you have a sec.

Nice to hear that my chart is right Sorry, I don't have account there and while I signed it requires to have 10 posts to post an url, I don't have time to write 10 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I have about 82k dps unbuffed (2h spec barb) and burn through Act 3 Mp1 champions in a matter of seconds with WotB and kill bosses in 5-10 seconds. MP2 champions are about 5-6 seconds and bosses around 10-15 or so. I tried setting MP3 and MP4, but it felt like it took too long to kill stuff (and the longer a fight takes, the harder it gets).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VpFTl9jVEFOVmc

The basic possible math and conclusion, I hope it helps some, too bad 99% of D3 players are gone
    I have updated the sheet with the patch 1.07 mp exp values. Enjoy

Deleted
    I have updated the sheet with the patch 1.07 mp exp values. Enjoy
    So I guess MP3 is now the most efficient if you're taking things down rather quick?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    So I guess MP3 is now the most efficient if you're taking things down rather quick?
    Aye It was before, it is now, exp-wise mp4 and mp5 but you need high dps, mostly for groups.

Im leveling my DH atm, came to D3 late as i was preparing for Raid content and studying.
    Anyway, farming on MP3 for me is the same length as MP1 due to high dps (312k unbuffed).
    Now dps is important but so is survivability, every death is a major setback in xp/min so this should be taken into account also

if you are lvling paragon and just want exp, if you cant basically 1 shot all the white mobs then your are not farming effiently

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this necro