5.2 trinket discussion

hello guys, I've checked the trinket from throne of thunder and i realized that there is none with mastery .. and I wonder, why Blizzard forces warlocks to play mastery and didn't give the appropriate items.. for example, valor cloth pieces, 8 pieces and only 1 with mastery.. for fuck sake, the reward ring from the green fire chain has hit/crit!!! it does make any sense..

after that.. what are the best trinkets in 5.2 for affli/demo ?

thanks

Breath of the Hydra will obviously be one of our best in slot trinkets. The running up will depend, I'm going to say Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen then close after that Wushoolay's Final Choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    Breath of the Hydra will obviously be one of our best in slot trinkets. The running up will depend, I'm going to say Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen then close after that Wushoolay's Final Choice.
    Not enamoured by the hit on Wushoolay's, it's an aweful, aweful lot of hit to have. Even if it means we can reforge out of hit elsewhere it's still going to put us high on hit I presume. (+ it means not reforging out of crit when Affliction meaning what we mostly win with reforging is most likely going to be crit)

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not enamoured by the hit on Wushoolay's, it's an aweful, aweful lot of hit to have. Even if it means we can reforge out of hit elsewhere it's still going to put us high on hit I presume. (+ it means not reforging out of crit when Affliction meaning what we mostly win with reforging is most likely going to be crit)
    I think the point of the hit on the trinket is that it will end up being a "stat stick". Much like wands were in previous expansions. You'll be able to forge like 660 hit off the trinket (so basically just under 1%) in favour of whatever stat you want.
    With the way gear looks so far I seriously doubt that we will see any Afflock running under hit cap now run under hit cap since you'll just be naturally capped (and probably struggle to be at/under cap) with the gear even all reforged.

That said; I think the front runner trinket is definitely Breath of the Hydra with Wushoolay being 2nd runner up. Vision of Lei-Shen will be an amazing trinket for Destro though and possibly for Demo as well (definitely for destro it will be front runner).

Edit:

With our tier pieces right now a lot of them have crit on them (shoulder/gloves/legs) and a lot of it to boot which will be forged into the more desirable stat (since those pieces either already have haste or mastery on them the reforged crit goes into the other stat, obviously).
    Also; the avg int for Wushoolay's is going to be insane. Considering 2s after the full buff wears off given how RPPM is you'll already be rebuilding the int buff immediately afterwards).
    Last edited by Woz; 2013-02-15 at 06:41 AM.

Am I thinking this wrong, or refreshing all your dots as affliction during the last two seconds of the Wusholay's would be incredibly strong, it does stack to 15k intellect if I read it correctly.

I think Lei-shen will be ABSURD for afflic and (if the crit affects chaos bolt... guess even if it doesn't) for destro. Crit is snapshotted on dots. Full duration agony crits.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Without any notion of order :
    1. passive Int + 100% crit for 4s @0.5RPPM
    2. passive Hit + Int ramping up to 15k over 20s @0.5RPPM
    3. passive Crit + 8k Int for 10s @(0.77*(1+crit))RPPM
    4. passive Haste + 8k Int for 20s @0.5RPPM

(1) is very hard to evaluate without proper testing, will do as soon as it becomes available for purchase. Considering the passive Int, it's probably BiS unless there's something very wrong with the strange proc.
    (2) is strong because it allows for +15k Int dot refreshes. Only 0.5RPPM though. Hit is a fair passive stat (~ Haste & Mastery).
    (3) is strong because of it's good RPPM ratio (your charged dots are likely to have falled off by the next proc, but the trinket should proc fairly quickly after that, on average). Passive crit is a bad stat though.
    (4) Int proc is good, RPPM rate is bad, Haste is a fair passive stat.

No obvious "best" here, will have to TC a bit to get a better idea.
    Surutcra@EU-Hyjal (Arcturus#2484)

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I think Lei-shen will be ABSURD for afflic and (if the crit affects chaos bolt... guess even if it doesn't) for destro. Crit is snapshotted on dots. Full duration agony crits.
    Taken from the blue post:
    Wushoolay's Final Choice – 0.56 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful abilities and spells, and periodic spells. 22 sec ICD.
    Breath of the Hydra – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from periodic spell. No ICD.
    Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen – 0.50 RealPPM on damage/absorb from harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD.
    Cha-Ye's Essence of Brilliance – 1.00 RealPPM on critical harmful spells and periodic spells. No ICD.
    I still think it's going to be Wushoolay's and Breath of Hydra for Aff. Breath of Hydra and Unerring Vision for Destro/Demo(maybe only Destro).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    one problem is simcraft will be entirely useless for judgind the worth of the stacking INT trinket and the 100% crit trinket. both will rely on SB:SS in a 2 or 4 second window respectively, and if done right will be much much more powerful than simcrafts 'not reacting to trinkets' stupidness. despite crit being terribad for affli, i actually think that the 100% crit trink may well be quite powerful for us. we will gain more benefit from it than most specs due to the very low amount of crit on our gear, and as has been said, full duration guaranteed crit on dots (especially dots buffed with DS and 15000 int from the other trink ) will be very powerful. having said that, i think the haste with INT proc will still be the best trink, probably with the stacking INT one

Deleted
    well it depends entirely on how the Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen proc will work. if it the proc will work on the entire duration of a dot, then im sure it will be BiS, it certainly has the potential to be just that if it works like that, just think the insane dps we would be able to do during our opener, however if it is dynamically in nature, like the way doomguard being affected by bloodlust when BL is casted after doomguard, then it wont be very good for us as i see it. breath of the hydra will be our other BiS trinket, of that i have no doubt, it will be just like Lotc.

Deleted
    Crit is dynamic. So the Lei Shen Trinket is no real Option for Affliciton!

"Haste/Intrpoc" & "Hit/Int-over-time" will be the best options!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maekz View Post
    Crit is dynamic.
    Yep, well no it's not (it never was for warlocks, but it's not now for other classes either).

Could you explain why Balance Druid dots function differently with respect to Crit than every other class' dots? Currently Crit updates dynamically for Balance Druids whereas other classes get snapshot values.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Good question. We decided to dig into all of the dots and found they worked pretty inconsistently. (Consistency isn't always critical because it does lead to a certain amount of homogeneity, but too little consistency can just be confusing too.) We made a pass at all of the class dots and made them snapshot crit chance. This will have implications in any simulations out there.

However, this has some implications on the Unerring Vision of Lei Shen trinket. We’re tentatively fine with the idea of you seeing that proc go off, and reapplying DoTs which crit for their whole duration, in most cases. There’s a couple cases where those periodic crits cause other effects, which end up being very powerful. For example, a Balance Druid can now apply Moonfire and Sunfire, and pretty much chain instant Starsurges for 15 sec, many of which are extending that Moonfire and Sunfire, probably out to 20-25 sec. That’s extremely strong, but we’re going to try leaving it alone for now.

The one which is simply too strong to leave is for Shadow. For Shadow having Unerring Vision and the PvE set bonuses would mean that every SW:P tick guaranteed crits, so spawns a Shadowy Apparition, which has a 65% chance of extending SW:P and VT. And the VT ticks have a 10% chance of spawning a Shadowy Apparition as well. And both can trigger a mastery tick, both of which can also spawn another Shadowy Apparition. The net result is that the feedback loop is so strong that in attainable gear, it’s net positive, resulting in SW:P and VT lasting forever (or at least until you get very unlucky and get a long string of failed procs, which will probably take several minutes to happen).

Since 100% crit SW:P and VT that never need to be refreshed is a wee bit too strong, we’re building in a failsafe. We’re fine with you getting a normal SW:P/VT duration of all crits, but not forever. When Shadowy Apparition extends SW:P and VT, and that DoT has already lasted longer than its normal duration, it will recalculate its crit chance. The result should be that the trinket procs, you reapply SW:P/VT, and get 18/15 sec of crits, then they drop to your normal crit chance.
    source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...t-ii/#post2129

Sorry, Spriests.

Hello, every tick of Doom for the entire fight being a crit ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Got a GM Information, that crit will be dynamic.

But that's just the information I got! I can not confirm this, but that's what GM told me about the trinket!

But so it seems like, your blue is right!

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a GM Information, that crit will be dynamic.

But that's just the information I got! I can not confirm this, but that's what GM told me about the trinket!
    I'll trust in the guy in charge of systems design making a statement in a thread about current issues over some random GM, thank you very much.

Deleted
    If you can read, i wrote:
    "But so it seems like, your blue is right!"

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can read, i wrote:
    "But so it seems like, your blue is right!"
    I was too quick for you. I quoted you before you added that bit, even if you were really quick in going back and adding it. Don't worry about it, happens sometimes.

Deleted
    Toooo fast!