Quote Originally Posted by Tuuuu Drengen View Post
    So Fork is basiclly more projectiles?
    Does it work with Freezing Pules for instance?
    It splits your projectile in to two on impact, much like how the letter Y looks if the intersection is the impact. It's as any other skill gem in game, it works just the way it's described, as long as it's a projectile, which freezing pulse is, it will fork it on impact, if you use LMP and fork it will fork all three projectiles if they hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    It splits your projectile in to two on impact, much like how the letter Y looks if the intersection is the impact. It's as any other skill gem in game, it works just the way it's described, as long as it's a projectile, which freezing pulse is, it will fork it on impact, if you use LMP and fork it will fork all three projectiles if they hit.
    Thanks for your description, it was very helpful

So Fork is basiclly more projectiles?
    No, there's Lesser Multiple Projectiles and Greater Multiple Projectiles for simply adding projectiles. If a projectile with Fork hits a target it creates new projectiles in a fixed fork pattern emerging from the mob that got hit. It works great for tightly grouped enemies.

Does it work with Freezing Pules for instance?
    Fork doesn't work whenever a projectile pierces the mob and FP always pierces, so Fork does nothing with FP. The multiple projectiles support gems work and LMP + Freezing Pulse is really awesome.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 11:15 PM ----------

As I said above, that would be true if Freezing Pulse ever impacted on anything, but it doesn't, so Fork adds nothing besides more mana cost to Freezing Pulse.

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    Fork doesn't work whenever a projectile pierces the mob and FP always pierces, so Fork does nothing with FP.
    Didn't know that, makes sense I suppose as there is no impact.

Deleted
    Stupid question, but dosnt impact means that it hits something which, for instance, FP do

Deleted
    Damn, the damage on my dual-wand elemental shadow is really picking up now (lvl 45). Running 5 aura's at the moment (eldritch battery)
    Everything dies in an instant...however so do I ^^

Quite fun though. Been playing around with totems, think I like either the frost-nova or the decoy best. Skeletons are a bit iffy when not specced into in my opinion.
    During farming I managed to find 2 of the SAME unique within 5 min's of each other. Didn't find any for 7 days before that, today I found 4 ^^.

Stupid question, but dosnt impact means that it hits something which, for instance, FP do
    Freezing pulse passes through the target and dose damage in it's passing, that's considered a pierce and dose not work with fork or chain, same with the first phase ice spear...in it's second phase though it would chain or fork(sure one of the devs confirmed it)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Freezing pulse passes through the target and dose damage in it's passing, that's considered a pierce and dose not work with fork or chain, same with the first phase ice spear...in it's second phase though it would chain or fork(sure one of the devs confirmed it)
    Alright. I´ll try it out with my Ranger with the Split Arriow then

The basic rule for whether Fork works or not is: does the projectile actually get stopped by the mob that it hits? If the projectile only hits the mob, Fork happens, if the projectile goes through Fork does not work.

Freezing Pulse always travels its full distance even when it hits and damages mobs on the way so Fork never works on it. Compare that to, say, Poison Arrow which is stopped by the first mob that it hits (even if the aoe might actually damage multiple mobs). If you use items that give you a pierce chance and your Poison Arrow happens to pierce, Fork doesn't work on it.

Of course it's a question of semantics whether you call it an impact when a projectile just passes through an object without stopping but, well, this is how it seems to work on the game mechanics. Would be better if they had some wording about it on the Fork gem or somewhere as the global chat keeps getting people disappointed that Fork isn't working with their Freezing Pulse.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenion View Post
    SC or HC item?
    Hah HC? I'd rage and punch my monitor if I ever died of course It's SC :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    The basic rule for whether Fork works or not is: does the projectile actually get stopped by the mob that it hits? If the projectile only hits the mob, Fork happens, if the projectile goes through Fork does not work.

Freezing Pulse always travels its full distance even when it hits and damages mobs on the way so Fork never works on it. Compare that to, say, Poison Arrow which is stopped by the first mob that it hits (even if the aoe might actually damage multiple mobs). If you use items that give you a pierce chance and your Poison Arrow happens to pierce, Fork doesn't work on it.

Of course it's a question of semantics whether you call it an impact when a projectile just passes through an object without stopping but, well, this is how it seems to work on the game mechanics. Would be better if they had some wording about it on the Fork gem or somewhere as the global chat keeps getting people disappointed that Fork isn't working with their Freezing Pulse.
    It sure would be nice if they had a wording on what Fork is (Would have saved me time from going in here and ask, tho discussion is also nice )

It seems people are getting end game and getting insane gear too fast. I mean the game has been out for less than a month(?) and people are already geared out near end game. There is so much time before the next Act comes out, don't you guys think even casuals will reach end game, get good gear, and eventually get bored (unless you wanna get that +1 damage for hours of farming) even before the next Act comes out?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    It seems people are getting end game and getting insane gear too fast. I mean the game has been out for less than a month(?) and people are already geared out near end game. There is so much time before the next Act comes out, don't you guys think even casuals will reach end game, get good gear, and eventually get bored (unless you wanna get that +1 damage for hours of farming) even before the next Act comes out?
    Well those who are playing end game at lvl 75-90 now dont have much life outside gaming, since they are playing 15 hours a day. the majority of the ppl playing is still around cruel and lvl 40-50

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you know the dedication we put ourselves in =)

I'm not at all worried. This is what worked for D2: it was really easy to get geared but it took forever to perfect your gear set (your Call to Arms could roll anything from 1-6 to BO and the version with one was dirt cheap, the one with 6 damn expensive and so on) and most people who stayed in the game either did just that or kept rerolling new toons since there were tons and tons of builds to play. The people behind Path of Exile seem to get it with the gear system (which they're still tweaking), first you get that base item, then you can spend orbs rerolling the numbers, sockets, colours... it will be relatively easy to get 3 links of the right colours which gives you a working skill but perfecting it will be a very time consuming grind if you feel like doing it and it doesn't just add +1 damage, it gives you new, interesting combinations.

And then of course I only play hardcore which means no item lasts forever anyway... it will eventually get boring though when we all have stashes full of great gear for whatever spec we roll next, hopefully they have something like ladder resets of D2 planned.

I am really looking forward to the next move of the game ... some custom/racing league action. Have lvl 46 hc templar using mace&shield and the damage I take is getting uncomfortable. Starting to gamble with my life. Need to get some better items. Also the 4% atk/cast speed bonus from bandits ... are those bonuses ever worth picking up ? They spell instant kill order in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Lost my HC Shadow tonight. :/

Decent build but I just couldn't get enough life nodes and life on gear to carry me through Cruel act 3. Got slammed in the Barracks by a huge pack of those lighting witches.
    RIP man ... without boosts to armor, sacre life nodes and no es I would be scared

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Hey guys, sorry for the probably stupid question but... is there going to be a character wipe before release?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for the probably stupid question but... is there going to be a character wipe before release?
    No...the game is open to everyone now so there is no need

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 08:44 AM ----------

Just tried out ice spear with fork and it dose indeed fork on it's second form(doesn't on the first form) unfortunately the forked projectile reverts back to it's first form.
    Anyone got a better understanding of how it works?
    Doses the second stage only appear after a certain distance? or can it go to the second stage after the first pierce regardless of distance?
    Regardless it makes a cracking support role gem if you like grouping blasting away from the back lines and slowing/freezing groups for melee to flatten.

And am i the only one that is getting much amusment from the official forums with 2 groups of people?
    First the ones that are overwriting their accounts by registering on the website and verifying the account through the email
    And second the growing bunch of numpties that are getting hacked
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-02-15 at 08:52 AM.

Just tried out ice spear with fork and it dose indeed fork on it's second form(doesn't on the first form) unfortunately the forked projectile reverts back to it's first form.
    Anyone got a better understanding of how it works?

Doses the second stage only appear after a certain distance? or can it go to the second stage after the first pierce regardless of distance?
    Regardless it makes a cracking support role gem if you like grouping blasting away from the back lines and slowing/freezing groups for melee to flatten.
    I'm assuming the first hit is a pierce hence any hit after that is counted as an actual hit for the fork support, what it sounds like you want to get a hold of lesser (or greater if your mana supports it) multiple projectiles though.

And am i the only one that is getting much amusment from the official forums with 2 groups of people?
    First the ones that are overwriting their accounts by registering on the website and verifying the account through the email
    And second the growing bunch of numpties that are getting hacked
    Only use those forums for trading, patch notes and the occasional mechanics explanation. The general sections of game forums is usually a bad idea to hang around reading if you wish to keep your sanity.

I'm assuming the first hit is a pierce hence any hit after that is counted as an actual hit for the fork support, what it sounds like you want to get a hold of lesser (or greater if your mana supports it) multiple projectiles though.
    Fork should work with LMP or GMP...another thing i need to try...can see a frost witch build with summon skele totem so i can hide in the back...maybe focus on increased crit damage since the second form has a 600% crit chance

And yeah the official forums are full of tards but still quite amusing at times...like someone raging about their char name getting changed from BigBlackCock and demanding it be changed back...having 2 threads closed about it and some sly bastard making a thread because he had taken the name in the time he was raging and trying to extort currency from him :P