Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    What is your item level and what main hand/shield are you using?
    511 equipped, heroic scimitar, heroic steelskin. Choice's armory is in his/her sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    511 equipped, heroic scimitar, heroic steelskin. Choice's armory is in his/her sig.
    Armory wouldn't load for me at the time I posted but now it does. /idiotoff

Its no heroic Lk, but I thought I would put this on here in case anyone wanted to see it. Its a 25 man Yogg kill, using all keepers, Enjoy.

Not sure if anyone's interested in this sort of solo'ing, but I did Heroic Scholo solo today, had a few achieves I wanted to get done (Attention to Detail and School's Out Forever), took quite awhile, but was relatively easy. Can't get School's Out though as he doesn't give you a time out if you're alone

Will be attempting first boss of ScarM, GotSS, Siege of N. Temple, Stormstout and the Quillen in Mogu Palace within the next few days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    Not sure if anyone's interested in this sort of solo'ing, but I did Heroic Scholo solo today, had a few achieves I wanted to get done (Attention to Detail and School's Out Forever), took quite awhile, but was relatively easy. Can't get School's Out though as he doesn't give you a time out if you're alone

Will be attempting first boss of ScarM, GotSS, Siege of N. Temple, Stormstout and the Quillen in Mogu Palace within the next few days.
    Not sure how the instances are now that they nerfed SoI. Though previously managed to solo almost every instance. Think it was only third boss in jade serpent and two last in shadopan that I didn't manage. Though alot of those would probably not be doable anymore with that SoI nerf. ( Though the SoI nerf makes some bosses easier ). Think that jade serpent and shadopan should be doable now with the single target buff.

Would any awesome Paladin solo-er be interested in making a short guide to soloing the bosses of ICC 25 normal? I am very interested in this, and am sure others are as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Not sure how the instances are now that they nerfed SoI. Though previously managed to solo almost every instance. Think it was only third boss in jade serpent and two last in shadopan that I didn't manage. Though alot of those would probably not be doable anymore with that SoI nerf. ( Though the SoI nerf makes some bosses easier ). Think that jade serpent and shadopan should be doable now with the single target buff.
    Sha in Shadopan is easily soloable, managed to have my group afk right at his door one day and not say anything so I just walked in, pulled the boss and solo'd it. Took awhile, but he wasn't disorienting me so it was extremely simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    Sha in Shadopan is easily soloable, managed to have my group afk right at his door one day and not say anything so I just walked in, pulled the boss and solo'd it. Took awhile, but he wasn't disorienting me so it was extremely simple.
    Huh, strange, he was disorienting me when I did it. strange

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Huh, strange, he was disorienting me when I did it. strange
    Maybe you found a reason to unequip GID? :P
    Summoned pets (even stuff like Bloodworms and possibly the dragonling) sometimes trigger mechanics that would require a second player, like Mind Control on Kael'Thas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    Summoned pets (even stuff like Bloodworms and possibly the dragonling) sometimes trigger mechanics that would require a second player, like Mind Control on Kael'Thas.
    Yeah, figured that much. Though, I never considered unequiping it since well, makes no sense why he wouldnt unbalance the tank because there is noone else in the raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    Oh, that explains why I keep getting disoriented on that stupid boss, and I rarely see other tnaks do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Sadly I didn't expect to kill it that attempt, had a 12% wipe prior and was expecting it to be a fight for the next 1%. Plan to record next week because I know there'd be people interested in seeing it, since next tier it'll be fairly easy for a prot paladin to solo farm their invincible, even if no one will be able to see it.
    really good job on the kill i tried it myself but im not able to get it done (itemlvl 497 could be one of the reasons). do you have a group that helps you out till lich king and then lets you solo farm? because valithria and bloodqueen are fairly hard for soloing or am i doing it wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Had some fun in Ulduar-25 yesterday. Managed to get down FL, Ignis, Razorscale (40 seconds prior to enrage, such a boooooooooooooring fight), XT-002 (30 seconds PAST the enrage), Kologarn, Assembly of Iron (Runemaster last), Auraya. Had one pull on Freya, but wiped to berserk basically because I engaged her in +3 mode and pulled 2 trash packs (judging from recount later, Ents from those packs did overall healing of 60M+ on Freya's adds). Surviving until that point wasn't even a slight issue.
    Will try it again tonight and be more careful. Prot spec, you can check the gear in armory sig.

Doing all of that for Val'anyr shards, but they don't drop at all

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 02:41 AM ----------

Tried it again but I can't just outdps the healing. Chipping her down slowly didn't work so I just gave up. Brought a friend and we 2manned the rest of 25man Ulduar tonight.
    On the side note: managed to 2man LK heroic-25. It was still a tough fight, we bursted last 12% during enrage, my dps just went crazy, 600k+ hits from AS/SotR are fun. Sucks that I died instantly when my cooldowns were over.
    Last edited by Lethora; 2013-02-26 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    A bit more obscure but, Earth, Wind and Fire 25 man.

As I mention in the video, I can't find any record of anyone else doing this. But that said, it's nearly impossible to find any videos of it at all. So I like to think of it as a cheesy world first, bit like Bladelord HM or a wf normal mode.

The fight isn't particularly intense until Emalon enrages, there's quite a bit of micro'ing that needs to be done to make sure you're prepared for when it happens. And since you only have one real shot at a kill, you really need to be confident before committing.
    Nice one, good job.

Whoever made that remix butchered a really good celldweller song though D:

Ret self healing seems to be in a better spot now with the 100% bonus of EF when used on yourself.

Managed to solo Al'akir 10m normal as retribution (ilvl 497) without ever dipping below 60% health. SoI, EF spec'd, glyph of AW and SW for extra duration of healing. Could probably glyph DS as well for extra heal on add fights.

I wouldn't be surprised that at a higher gear level you could easily solo other cata bosses as Ret where damage intake is normal and no "oh shit" damage like on Magmaw, (Atramedes, Halfus w/ good drake combo, V&T, council etc).

Did it a while ago now, well few days, but i solo'd Beth at around 495ilvl, not that it hasen't been killed before but i don't think it has by a paladin, couldn't find any videos apart from mine, and the fight itself is weird, i find it hard to do my real dps on it.

By that i mean on other bosses 50k+ is easy, but Beth i always hit 35-40k+, barely over 45k.
    I reach P2 with 4-6m on beth, and the last phase is obviously insane with all the adds, however the dmg drops insanely at specific points in P2 allowing me to survive long enough...

Not really trying much more atm as i've been doing it on my dk.

Deleted
    Do shambling horrors need to be dead before the last phase on LK? Seems like taking them in there made the fight instakill me whenever it was frostmourne room time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Do shambling horrors need to be dead before the last phase on LK? Seems like taking them in there made the fight instakill me whenever it was frostmourne room time.
    Instakill happens if one of ghosts reaches you. Shambling horrors have no effect on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Instakill happens if one of ghosts reaches you. Shambling horrors have no effect on that.
    Eh, no. I've been soaking ghosts in my recent attempts on my twink, and it's not related to anything that normally happens in the throne room. You literally just die for no reason at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Ghosts hit for 20kish, this is an instakill with no damage and no combat log entry. Though I've watched the video from Choice and it doesn't seem to happen to him.