Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tortos Hc 5man 80 LvL WTF?

I wonder what u think about this?

www[dot]youtube[dot]com/watch?v=AbIO_yP8E6g

Sry for link but i cant post normal links yet

You do not include a lot of information about your link and I cannot watch video at this time, but I'm guessing that some level 80s went in and 5-manned Tortos on the PTR. And I'm guessing it was possible because Blizzard scaled everyone's armor to heroic item levels (522?) and that allowed some absurd amounts of scaling for heroic-level ICC armor.

Yes it was on PTR but i think this shouldn't be possible.

Weird scaling issues, I assume?
    Irrelevant for the live servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Janos86 View Post
    Yes it was on PTR but i think this shouldn't be possible.
    Imagine how powerful you'd be at level 80 with 522 gear.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbIO_yP8E6g

And well, gear being upscaled and stuff...

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Aelobin/simple

Here is armory of DK tank

Feio thx for normal link

Makes me ponder pulling my old ICC or DS stuff that I kept for transmog out of the vault and seeing how that scales on a level 90 character.

That would be a good way to completely cheese an encounter on the PTR, although it would be equally useful to be able to bypass a bugged/overtuned section of a fight in order to get practice on the second/third stage and see more of the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Makes me ponder pulling my old ICC or DS stuff that I kept for transmog out of the vault and seeing how that scales on a level 90 character.

That would be a good way to completely cheese an encounter on the PTR, although it would be equally useful to be able to bypass a bugged/overtuned section of a fight in order to get practice on the second/third stage and see more of the encounter.
    that's not how it works.
    other than the occasional set bonus that can cheese encounters, your lvl 80 and 85 gear is going to be terrible at level 90.

this is likely because of the automatic gear scaling on ptr. the stats they have at 80 would be insane with 522 gear or w/e it gets tuned to.
    although level 80 dks can already be over avoidance cap pretty easily on live if they still aren't going to fix that.

I think what they mean is since they are currently scaling your gear up to ilvl 522 (similar to how challenge modes scale you down to 463), so in this situation everything would scale fine; you'd probably even be able to scale greens to 522 (although the stats would be terrible).

The thing with scaling to 522 at least for ICC gear is you would have little to no mastery (since mastery wasn't introduced until cata so you would only be able to reforge into some).

Let them have their fun (and probably eventual PTR ban) on the PTR, there is nothing about this that will affect live. Only thing I will say though is WTF 27 mil hits.

I do wonder what kind of stats they had going into that (haste/crit %, mastery).
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-02-15 at 04:31 PM.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Not to mention in the given scenario where you are getting your gear scaled up to 522 at least for ICC gear you would have little to no mastery (since mastery wasn't introduced until cata so you would only be able to reforge into some).

Let them have their fun (and probably eventual PTR ban) on the PTR, there is nothing about this that will affect live. Only thing I will say though is WTF 27 mil hits.
    Why would they get banned from the PTR? That is what it is for, breaking things and finding exploits so they can be fixed and to have some fun with unreleased content.

This video will remind blizzard to disable the 522 scaling buff to <level 90. Looks fun though and a funny that blizzard allowed 80s in 90 raids

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post

The thing with scaling to 522 at least for ICC gear is you would have little to no mastery (since mastery wasn't introduced until cata so you would only be able to reforge into some).
    my 80 ele shaman was able to reforge fully for mastery as it was added into the game and reforgable on gear and he got like 43% at lvl 80 reforging only, so 43%....make that 277 gear 522...and bam u got over 1000% mastery...put that on a fire mage and u got 100%+ crit 1000% mastery 500% haste....pyroblast and combustion just slaughters everything.

i.imgur.com/qeN0jby.jpg
    Here is how gear was scaling for this DK

Edit:

Ok U say its PTR scaling but what about this?

www[dot]youtube[dot]com/watch?v=GJrqXJUQXhM
    Last edited by Janos86; 2013-02-15 at 05:10 PM.

i.imgur.com/qeN0jby.jpg
    haha that's hilarious.
    Would really think he could push out more dps though with 92% crit and 5.6s rune speed and 491% mastery!

on live raids are only enterable at lvl 90. Ever since that prot paladin soloed MSV etc blizzard took actions, this thing means nothing... it's like putting a nuke in a babies hand, he becomes god without any real power...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

i.imgur.com/qeN0jby.jpg

Edit:

I can't view that video from work, but I can tell you this, so please listen:

The video you linked is probably a level 80 soloing Heroic Lich King or a few level 80s soloing Stone Guard, or level 80s in Dragon Soul, right? That's not gear scaling, that's level 80 players wearing level 90 gear (and, in the case of Dragon Soul, making use talents, active mitigation, and the 30% debuff to survive in what is now an easy raid). There are several pieces of level 90 quality gear in the game that can be worn by level 80s. This causes a massive amount of stat gain that allows level 80 tanks to behave in unintended fashion. In fact, a hotfix was recently put in place to make such behavior no longer possible.

Your PTR video only applies to the PTR. Upward gear scaling does not and has never happened in live raids.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

that is old content that is being done by abusing high ilvl gear that blizzard stupidly made equipable at level 80.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    In fact, a hotfix was recently put in place to make such behavior no longer possible.
    not quite true, they fixed paladins being almost invincible and do crazy damage (due to abusing vengeance and their mastery), but tanks at 80 can easily reach over 120% avoidance or w/e it is they need to be unhittable by melee attacks (102.4% vs 80 raid bosses, ~120 is for 85 raid bosses i believe).
    Last edited by bals; 2013-02-15 at 05:28 PM.

theyre 80, itemlevel gets scaled to 90, which probably gives them all 100% crit and 3242525% haste due to inflated ratings for their level.