Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I know, but couldn't resist

Problems with her kit in short:
    1) Very short range (Q and exceptional movement speed make up for it, somewhat)
    2) Unreliable Steroid
    3) Low steroid, unless in melee form
    4) Charge gets you in melee range *where you can be CC'ed*
    5) Ultimate is melee form

4 in particular is very very awkward from the looks of it. Will need to see how it pans out, but I'd be very hesitant with it.
    Her kit is fine IMO. Maybe even a tad bit OP.

1) She is an AD carry with an AOE blind, a slow, and low CD steroid. This means that she could potentially destroy a lane against another ADC.
    2) It seems to prioritize low health minons and Champions, I haven't had a problem with it. You can also refresh it with her E, giving her a ridiculous amount of burst.
    3) That steroid scales nicely late game with items, and again you can spam it with E.
    4) Bots can even CC her E, not sure if its even possible. Think of it like Caits E by its not a skill shot and a bit more reliable.
    5) Her the melee part of her ult is either for clean up or escaping, the true power of her ult comes from the second cast. Its like Garens ult (does more damage to people low health) but AOE.

Deleted
    I feel like people are taking it a bit in the wrong way... the ult doesn't force you to go in close range and autoattack. It's an amazing escaping tool and it's a strong finisher. Sure you gain 40% additional and more reliable attack speed, but you lose range and the passive procs.

You're not going to press R and walk into the enemy's group and autoattack, you press R when everyone is on low health and you finish them off, or when after a won teamfight there is this lone survivor that is running away from everyone on low health and you catch them and easily finish them off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her ult looks awesome as an escape or chase. I'm just thinking it won't help her too much during an actual team fight other than clearing up with the second cast.

Unlike, say, Graves, Miss Fortune or Varus, who have more direct contribution to a teamfight with their ult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just put her top with a Jarvan/Leona bot lane

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Her ult looks awesome as an escape or chase. I'm just thinking it won't help her too much during an actual team fight other than clearing up with the second cast.

Unlike, say, Graves, Miss Fortune or Varus, who have more direct contribution to a teamfight with their ult.
    I understand that, but I still think her ult has a place. If we make every ADC a CC or a damage bomb then we'll soon run out of options.

Though I also understand that you mean it like, by choosing her instead of the other ADCs you might bring less in a teamfight... she does have some interesting utility in her Q and a bit on her E (and the R when the fight is about to end), so... we just need to wait and see if that is going to be enough to make her warrant a spot in a team.

@Kilz: you're still in mindset that you need to use R as soon as the fight start. You don't.

Also she might have some potential as a splitpusher!

She is a little underwhelming, hate the ulti is melee, and Vault is... weird gap closer/escape mechanic.
    Love her base stats though, I'd love a little more range, but rest is fine.
    Last edited by StNimrod; 2013-02-15 at 08:08 PM.

She's very subpar in the jungle (4.35 full clear) and ganks are mediocre. I'm sure she'll be played top lane rather than bot with her range harass.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I got to try her out on the PBE briefly before it went down for maintenance.

Her passive does a good amount of damage and keeps up a decent AS bonus. It can be kind of random in teamfights, but you can use your E to proc it, and keep your AS buff up. Her Q is cool. It makes trading easy since you can blind anyone that is auto attack reliant. It doesn't go quite as far as I would like, but it's a very powerful skill. Her W is just amazing. It's basically hawkshot that explodes bigger, but around her. It has a really long, cd but it is really useful. Her E is very powerful. I've been maxing it first. Not really sure if you are supposed to, but it seemed like the best thing get first. It makes it very hard to trade with her because you matter what you do, you are going to get her passive on you. Though it does put her in melee range for a brief duration, so you can get stunned or something. The times I was stunned during it, she finished her animation and landed while stunned, it didn't just stop her. Idk what other kinds of CC would do, but against stuns you don't just fall to the ground and die.

Her ult is kinda tricky. It turns you into a death machine that gets a ridiculous AS buff if you hit a marked target, and a huge MS buff. I've found that it's either best to use it right away if you caught someone, and go from there, or use it at the end of the fight and clean up if you haven't been killed. Since it works as an execute, it's probably best to use it at the end of the fight. It's a significant nuke that hits in a pretty big area too.

I think her passive tries to mark things that you have been attacking, or whatever your mouse is hovering over. There were quite a few times in lane where I would leave my mouse over the enemy support and the support would get the mark. Not sure if that was just how it ended up, or if your mouse has something to do with it.

I'm definitely looking forward to her. She is very mobile and has pretty decent dueling potential. I think she might get destroyed in lane by people like caitlyn and MF, but she was very fun on the PBE.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    So, I got to try her out on the PBE briefly before it went down for maintenance.

Her passive does a good amount of damage and keeps up a decent AS bonus. It can be kind of random in teamfights, but you can use your E to proc it, and keep your AS buff up. Her Q is cool. It makes trading easy since you can blind anyone that is auto attack reliant. It doesn't go quite as far as I would like, but it's a very powerful skill. Her W is just amazing. It's basically hawkshot that explodes bigger, but around her. It has a really long, cd but it is really useful. Her E is very powerful. I've been maxing it first. Not really sure if you are supposed to, but it seemed like the best thing get first. It makes it very hard to trade with her because you matter what you do, you are going to get her passive on you. Though it does put her in melee range for a brief duration, so you can get stunned or something. The times I was stunned during it, she finished her animation and landed while stunned, it didn't just stop her. Idk what other kinds of CC would do, but against stuns you don't just fall to the ground and die.

Her ult is kinda tricky. It turns you into a death machine that gets a ridiculous AS buff if you hit a marked target, and a huge MS buff. I've found that it's either best to use it right away if you caught someone, and go from there, or use it at the end of the fight and clean up if you haven't been killed. Since it works as an execute, it's probably best to use it at the end of the fight. It's a significant nuke that hits in a pretty big area too.

I think her passive tries to mark things that you have been attacking, or whatever your mouse is hovering over. There were quite a few times in lane where I would leave my mouse over the enemy support and the support would get the mark. Not sure if that was just how it ended up, or if your mouse has something to do with it.

I'm definitely looking forward to her. She is very mobile and has pretty decent dueling potential. I think she might get destroyed in lane by people like caitlyn and MF, but she was very fun on the PBE.

I played her once, and I learned that if you're one on one and your enemy is about half or little under half, I just popped ulti and then E'd, since in the bird form you just charge them, and then I Q'd into R again, and that little combo almost always killed them.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care for her... to be fair I built her more like I would Graves (which isn't too far off from suggested) and the game only ran 15 min in a 3v3, but I just don't care for her mechanics. Its not that shes bad necessarily everyone is going to have their own preferences when it comes to different champions.

Her extremely large ranged reveal is going to be huge for team play, it allows support to take on a bit more active role, worry less about wards, which means they can concentrate on turning out their build faster.

But like I said I don't really care for her... I think the biggest difference that I would make would be her passive, it needs to prioritize better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played her in a custom game on the PBE. She has some crazy burst with mark, E, mark, ult. Her AA animation felt a little unresponsive with low AS, but that wasn't an issue after zeal. Skill order was R > W > E > Q. The 40% AS boost is really nice when you hit a marked target, so I did that first. Next, her E is her escape so you want that CD to get down. Q is powerful at level 1, so no reason to level it after that.

The order I took skill for he first 3 levels was Q > E > W. You will win any level 2 trade with Q and E, so grab them before maxing W.

I like her, and I think she has potential as an ADC. Definitely gonna play her a lot when she is released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I played her in a custom game on the PBE. She has some crazy burst with mark, E, mark, ult. Her AA animation felt a little unresponsive with low AS, but that wasn't an issue after zeal. Skill order was R > W > E > Q. The 40% AS boost is really nice when you hit a marked target, so I did that first. Next, her E is her escape so you want that CD to get down. Q is powerful at level 1, so no reason to level it after that.

The order I took skill for he first 3 levels was Q > E > W. You will win any level 2 trade with Q and E, so grab them before maxing W.

I like her, and I think she has potential as an ADC. Definitely gonna play her a lot when she is released.
    How do you find her compared with Vayne? Similar at all? I'm an avid Vayne Player (Play 90% of games as her) and really looking forward to Quinn, definitely day 1 purchase!

Deleted
    I think of her slightly similar to Draven more than Vayne, but I believe they all have their different playstyle. She is definitely a big bully in lane thanks to her Q and E; and her mid game is pretty beast considering that the passive seems to scale really well with both levels and AD.

Also I seem to have noticed that if there is an enemy champion in range, the passive will always prioritize it no matter what. Was this mentioned anywhere by the reds?

Her Q+E combo lets her duel quite well, ult is decent to finish the targets off, my first impressions were a bit off

I would say she's a chaotic mix of Cait and Vayne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davekthxbai View Post
    How do you find her compared with Vayne? Similar at all? I'm an avid Vayne Player (Play 90% of games as her) and really looking forward to Quinn, definitely day 1 purchase!
    Not really all that similar to Vayne outside of the fact that they both use crossbows and are female.

Vayne has an escape/reposition tool, Quinn has a disengage. Quinn has an atkspd steroid, Vayne has an AD one. Vayne's ult is awesome for teamfights, Quinn's is better for cleaning up fights.

They are really different champions, but both are a ton of fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    Also I seem to have noticed that if there is an enemy champion in range, the passive will always prioritize it no matter what. Was this mentioned anywhere by the reds?
    I think the only thing they said was that if you attack a champion it will prioritize that champion, not that it generally prioritizes them. Didn't know it did that.

Passive - Harrier

Valor marks a nearby enemy with Vulnerability for 4.5 seconds. If Quinn attacks a vulnerable enemy, she deals 15 + 10 per level (+50% bonus AD) bonus physical damage. This cannot occur again for 10 seconds, or 3 seconds if Quinn triggers the vulnerability. Valor will first prioritize Quinn's most recent attack target. If Quinn has not attacked anyone recently, Valor will target nearby low health units (prioritizing champions over minions).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireballzz
    WoW is dying pls send help

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Livic View Post
    (prioritizing champions over minions).
    Ooh, don't remember reading that in the in-game tooltip! Thanks for pointing it out.

Deleted
    Ooh, don't remember reading that in the in-game tooltip! Thanks for pointing it out.
    Reading tooltips? Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Deleted
    she looks pretty nice. and the bird