Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Frostmourne, Shadowmourne...Bloodmourne?

Unless it was a lazy nomenclature job from Blizzard's part in naming it Shadowmourne, do you think these names actually point to something that will be called Bloodmourne one day?

After all, no one knows for now what happened to Frostmourne's remains.

Hipstermourne

You left out Lobstmourne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowmourne was named for its intent to become a rival/counterpart to Frostmourne. Not as some indication of a pattern or anything.

There could be one in future, but eh... I doubt they were thinking that at the time.

Deleted
    I always thought they named it after the three schools or death knight magics, yeah.

Considering we aren't done with the Lich King, maybe we'll see a Bloodmourne appear one day. Who knows !

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You left out Lobstmourne.
    The most powerful weapon in existence. To deny its power is to have its chitinous wrath shred your mortal body and devour your blaspheming soul!

setbackmourne
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    I always thought they named it after the three schools or death knight magics, yeah.

Considering we aren't done with the Lich King, maybe we'll see a Bloodmourne appear one day. Who knows !
    I doubt it. Blizz made Shadowmourne as a way to give people something similar to Frostmourne, but not outright giving them frostmourne as a legendary. It's not following a pattern, shadowmourne was usable by non dks, and frostmourne itself long predates the three dk talent trees. I doubt we'll see another 'mourne' weapon, especially since they've already done the lobstmourne parody.

Plaguemourne

Gnollmourne.

Power Word: Mourne. Not sure if sword or power, it'd just make you weep at them a lot, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blackmourne could be a name to. LOL...
    For the Horde!

15+ Year Old Account
    Mournemourne. Am I doing this right?

OT: That would be really awesome if Bloodmourne became a thing. Maybe if we could somehow fuse the 3 we could have a Trimourne? Ok, im done.

Bloodmourne is a runeblade that has yet to be forged. currently there are 3 runeblades . ashbringer, shadowmourne and the shattered frostmourne. shadowmourne was forged for its ability to counter frostmourne. little is know about "Bloodmourne" not even its true name tho bloodmourne is a common name used among others. the forging of a rune blade is rare due to the power the wield. the day we see "bloodmourne" will be Azeroths most dire day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frostmourne... shadowmourne... bloodmourne... heartmourne! By their powers combined, I am... CAPTAIN PLANET...MOURNE!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about [Rebecca De Mourne-ay]? She could use a comeback.

Frost and Shadow are common counterparts, I don't think this necessarily has anything to do with the DK schools of magic

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Frost and Shadow are common counterparts, I don't think this necessarily has anything to do with the DK schools of magic
    well they kind of do there are 3 runeblades of the DK flavor 1 is shattered (frostmourne ) 1 is in our hands ( Shadowmourne ) and 1 has yet to be forged ("bloodmourne" )

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    well they kind of do there are 3 runeblades of the DK flavor 1 is shattered (frostmourne ) 1 is in our hands ( Shadowmourne ) and 1 has yet to be forged ("bloodmourne" )
    Cite a source or I'm going to assume you're pulling this out of your posterior.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Cite a source or I'm going to assume you're pulling this out of your posterior.
    lore fact: frostmorune was a DK runeblade wielded by THE DK Arthas. lore fact: shadowmorune was a runeblade forged by deathkinights to be able to counter frostmorune.

Lore theory: " bloodmorune " would be forged using the other two to form a true counter part to the runeblade Ashbringer.
    there are many theories about " Bloodmorune " but no blizz confirmed facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Swagmourne the Yolocalypse-bringer. Yeah.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥