Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    tank faster. seriously healing isnt hard.. neither is tanking.. the faster the instance gets done the faster you'll lvl. 10 mins to clear a dungeon or 2 hours.. your choice.

If people decide to pull for me (I generally pull quite fast unless my healer is oom or i need to be topped off) I'm more than happy to watch them die. Sadly most healers are only really watching their ui and not their surroundings so too often people live through it.

Quite a few of them do rage at me and quit though. Makes me happy, knowing he's gonna sit through 30 min deserter plus 10-15 min que.

To nip it in the bud, I don't feel like I'm god's gift to the group. But if you start md'ing shit to me if i stop to whisper someone really quick chances are I might hearth/teleporter/leave dungeon when i see the animation go off.

@OP
    Well, I can't queue as a tank on my rogue, but as far as dungeon groups are concerned, I did roll one. I can easily tank heroic dungeons without anything special. Now the druid thing is nice to make sure I keep threat on bosses, but honestly most melee can tank and the squishy ranged dps have to be a lot higher to actually pull, and actually the hardest part is keeping AE aggro (by hardest I mean virtually impossible but I can keep them from killing anyone).

You can threaten to leave (or actually leave) and I honestly won't give a crap. I may need you to get the group started, but once I have a healer and 2 other dps, you are pretty irrelevant.

I don't know why you think you get to go on this power trip and no one else is allowed to pull because you are the tank... it didn't use to be that tanks pulled in mmo's. Its just become this thing among a lot of tanks on massive power trips that they need to be the one to pull. Yeah you can think that if you want, but you aren't magically the boss because you are tanking.

And your fun isn't the only thing that matters. I have fun rogue tanking. If you are slow, I will absolutely pull and tank a trash pack so long as the healer doesn't care, and they pretty much never do unless they think its going to kill everyone.

tl;dr version
    Almost everyone rolled a tank because we can in fact tank the stuff. We can't queue as one, but that isn't our problem. The only thing you need a 'official' tank class for is challenge modes and raids, so if you rolled a tank for the power trip of instant queues and being the boss, sucks for you because we don't really need you.

15+ Year Old Account
    People just want to get done with it asap, so they´ll pull if you´re not fast enough. Either that or they´re morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Aye. It isn't cool. If I could physically pull more, I would, but I don't have the runes to Blood Boil / DND the next pact, so when they DO pull, and they die, they tend to rage and not listen to the fact that I am completely useless until I actually have runes ...
    Honestly in this case it sounds like you are complaining because they are bad and perhaps don't realize how bad they are. Your problem is that they pull and die and blame you? So if they pull, live, you eventually get aggro on some of the stuff they pulled, and all the mobs die and no one in the group, that is perfectly fine?

I can certainly be sympathetic to you having idiots kill themselves and blame you for it. Now if you are getting cranky because some one other than you in your dungeon group pulled and everything was fine, well get off your high horse.

In my experience running random 5 mans for the stupid daily vp bonus, I really don't think I have seen a single dps pull a group of mobs and have it been a problem because of how retardedly easy they are. I have seen tanks get cranky over it, but I also haven't seen a group give a crap when no one is dying.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-02-16 at 09:53 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be a tank, roll any class that is able to tank. To REALLY become a "tank", you need to have insurmountable increments of fortitude, stability, courage, patience, endurance, wisdom, and altruism for your allies to rely on you as their barrier to the oncoming assault.

To use your CDs, to know when to interrupt something at every corner, to handle what would make most DPS cringe in fear if they were in the hot-seat, to make sure that your allies are not being attacked as you are watching over them like a cautious overseer, to think calmly and clearly as battle strategies are being laid out to you and expecting you to follow them, and stacking mitigation to ridiculous amounts so that you would have the opportunity to face something that would require much patience to kill, are some of the trials of life a tank must face in life. There are many more dangers ahead on the path of success and fortitude for tanks, and you must always think calmly in order to overcome them.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    I was doing some dungeons on my tank earlier, Dizzying Hazex2+ Keg Smash + Breath of fire, repeat on next group. I never stop moving when i tank in my dungeons.
    Yep, I tank as DK and Paladin. I aim to do the same chainpulling - only slow down or stop if my healer/cd's limits me for a bit. Still I regularly encounter dps'ers pulling for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    Or you could just speed up. Non-heroic dungeon bosses don't need tank cooldowns. If you're not pulling so much that you have to use cooldowns on trash you're being lazy and selfish. That's 2 to 5 packs depending on the dungeon and level. YOU should be running off to pull when there's 2 mobs left so the dps doesn't have to. When I DPS a dungeon I give it 100% and I expect my tanks to do the same. When I tank a dungeon I go as hard as I can so my DPS can get what they need and move on.
    You need to learn to read.

As a tank I'm the one yelling at people for being slow not the other way around.. Always fun when you're halfway done with the last boss in shado-pan monastery and a DPS decides to show up and pull the skip-able packs on his way without even saying "I pulled" or "Shit" because he's checking his facebook during trash and has no clue where we are when he tabs back in and suddenly 20 mobs show up like "Sup man".

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a couple things I'd like to say. I don't put up with stuff in dungeons. Right when we start, I almost always say something like "I hate to sound like an ass, but if you pull, than you're tanking it." It usually gets the point across. I do my best to help people learn, and I (politely) offer tips when people seem like they need them.

I pull slow and small in the beginning, to test the healer's limits. I don't want to pull the whole room when he/she can't handle it. I play a healer, I despise tanks who do that.

I play a Warlock, I'll admit, Glyph of the Demon Hunter is incredibly fun, and the damage that goes with it is quite impressive too. I would LOVE to queue as a tank with it, but I can't. Because reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Problem is the gap between player's experience level in my opinion.
    There are a lot of people leveling their 10th dps/healer/Tank alt, they play the game since Vanilla or TBC and they know the game and each dungeon inside out. They can go through a dungeon and watch TV while eating a sandwich at the same time easily.
    These players just want a fast run to move on to the next one otherwise it is just plain boring as hell. Most of the times these players think that if someone is not playing as good as them he/she is a "noob" and never crosses their mind that it might be a new player still on the learning process.
    On the other side, there are still some players new to the game(MoP players that don't play the game for more than 1-2 months) who are still learning it, they don't know the mechanics and design of the game well yet and they are still learning how their class and spec works. These players can't follow the speed that the experienced players are moving.
    It is all about patience, attitude and common sense. Respect other players whatever their experience level is(unless they are plain asses). Warcraft is a mmo game so we always cross with all kind of people. Our attitude in the game reflects what we are in real life. Be kind!

I am playing tank for like 5-6 years already and i am sorry mate but u sound like a slow, not keeping aggro tank.
    Its everything about chain pulling and keeping mobs on you, its not that hard.

With the amount of self absorbed immature people that play this game and subsequently post here, you will never get the sympathy you deserve. No one cares anything about being polite or doing what they are supposed to do, it is the downfall of today's youth, me me nao nao faster faster I don't care about anyone but myself. Sadly, there is nothing you can do to teach them anything, they think they know everything and have no use for anyone who isn't exactly like them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    I guess my questions are, one, how do we stop the encouragement of people who are asshats be asshats in dungeons and when did this behavior become the norm?
    Adopt to the group and tank faster, if the group is truly pulling more then it can handle dps will calm down after a wipe. Also see it as a learning experience, when other players have aggro you will learn to actually tank, being ahead of the group swiping and bloodboiling with full vengeance will not teach you that.

And two, why is it so hard for these people that go on like they WANT to tank to roll a tanking class and queue as one?
    There are several classes who can't sign up as tanks yet are quite capable of tanking it, especially when they get som gear. They just want their valor asap. If you spent 20 min waiting on the queue to pop and end up with a tank that can't keep a decent pace, chances are that they will just pull ahead if the healer is game.

As for "you pull it, you tank it" 99% of all dps is expect nothing else. They do it because they are capable of tanking. Usually the only reason they die is that the healer refuse to heal them at all. Anyway they won't blame you for dying.
    So don't embarrass yourself with making the macro of this or whatever. It's a sure sign of a clueless tank when they don't understand that any dps who knows where their defensive cd buttons are and aren't severely undergeared can survive pulling a pack and killing it even without heals. with a healer they can tank the entire dungeon.

Also I'm not tanking anything special yet I have hardly ever seen any ninjapulling and I don't pull entire rooms either, just the next group when the previous one is under control.
    My impression is that ninjapulling only happens when dps has nothing to sink their teeths in.
    Last edited by mmoccbb9c4df20; 2013-02-16 at 11:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    As a tank I'm the one yelling at people for being slow not the other way around.. Always fun when you're halfway done with the last boss in shado-pan monastery and a DPS decides to show up and pull the skip-able packs on his way without even saying "I pulled" or "Shit" because he's checking his facebook during trash and has no clue where we are when he tabs back in and suddenly 20 mobs show up like "Sup man".
    This is my experience as well, I freaking hate slow people in dungeons - doesn't matter what role they play. I'm there for one thing and one thing only - cap VP. I rarely run dungeons on my own and I don't need a lot of healing, so I chain pull non stop. I tell people to keep up but some people are just too freaking slow. As a dps or healer, I don't mind "helping" the tank pull extra. If dps acts like retards and pulls trash that can be avoided, I give them one chance. If they do it again, I let them die and run back in.

You may not like the behavior in these dungeons but the only real solution to this, is queue as a group. Make sure, you have at least 2 guildies or friends with you. Then you can vote kick and if you queue as tank, then bring a healer and a good dps, you don't even need the random people. Nobody enjoys those shit dungeons and being a carebear gets you nowhere in this game sorry.

This said, I've seen several posts of similar topic from the OP. About how he feels abused by dps in random dungeons, how he got falsely blamed for a wipe etc. I would have thought the OP had learned by now, slow or bad tanks will get chewed on in random dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Honestly in this case it sounds like you are complaining because they are bad and perhaps don't realize how bad they are. Your problem is that they pull and die and blame you? So if they pull, live, you eventually get aggro on some of the stuff they pulled, and all the mobs die and no one in the group, that is perfectly fine?
    I'm sorry, but did you even read my post, or just assume that because I'm unhappy with others pulling, that I must be one of those slow, terrible tanks who needs to do a ready check before each trash pack?

I'm talking about situations where the is little to nothing I can do, due my runes being on cooldown, or my abilities being on cooldown. I've had several occasions where people have pulled more then I have, and it has caused a wipe because I just physically can't get all the mobs on me.

The most common example is Mogu'shan Palace. I pull the first 3 packs all together, and we AoE them down while we wait for the boss roleplay. But, there is always someone who felt the need to pull extra stuff along the way, and while I am trying not to get stunned to death, or have them all fall behind me, I can't also gather up 5 new mobs when I have no runes...

I hate slow runs, just as much as anyone else, but all I ask is let me do the pulling. I'll pull as much as I can, but I would much rather wait 2 seconds for a quick rune recharge, so we can AoE a whole big pack, then to spend the next 10 seconds fumbling around having to do my best with only Runic Power!

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I can certainly be sympathetic to you having idiots kill themselves and blame you for it. Now if you are getting cranky because some one other than you in your dungeon group pulled and everything was fine, well get off your high horse.
    You don't understand, clearly. People are in dungeons for various reasons. I do them for fun mainly, and I don't want the run to become slower, because the healer is having to deal with monsters, they're all spread over the place and no-one has time to re-align their cooldowns or abilities to make the run faster. Most cases, yes, Tanks do go way over the top, I've been there as a Healer myself, but I'm talking about cases where I (or other tanks) are pulling almost half the dungeon at a time, and the DPS feel the need to say "Hurry up, Pull the boss retard!" or "Fuck sake, pull more!"

There comes a point where you realize getting angry over facepullers isn't worth it, especially in low level dungeons. Instead of wasting time on a confrontation or queuing for another group, I just let the facepuller do all the work and I just autoattack while watching a movie. If the dungeon goes faster, I'm all for it. Why get mad when someone else wants to do all the work? Someone wants to pull more threat than you, let em. Someone wants to pull 3-4 groups, let em. Tank rotations don't really matter until levels 70+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just pull faster, problem solved.

the "let them die" crowd is hilarious. you can solo most low level dungeons if you know how to play right... the mindset is "you're taking too long, we don't need you, lets speed this up". this applies to mop heroics as well. just the other day i was in jade temple and the tank decided he was "just gonna let me die". rather then pick up the mobs and get it over with they were content to watch me kite 2 trash packs around and solo them down. i was pretty much fine with it, since kiting is fun, but c'mon... just... pull... faster

you learn how to play at level 90. thats the sad truth of this game. get there as soon as possible.
    Last edited by crunk; 2013-02-16 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    you learn how to play at level 90. thats the sad truth of this game. get there as soon as possible.
    Tanking is an unforgiving role, but with the pressure comes perks like faster queue times.

As for not being able to keep up with threat at lower dungeon levels: the ones out-threating you are probably in Heirloom gear, and is possibly a gear problem. Otherwise, in the case of pets, you can ask them to turn off their pet Taunts.

As others have said, the game and roles change again at 90... get there as soon as you can (Questing) and start the learning process all over again... with people in higher item Levels than you... and be prepared to take the pressure. The rewards of tanking are worth it, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    This said, I've seen several posts of similar topic from the OP. About how he feels abused by dps in random dungeons, how he got falsely blamed for a wipe etc. I would have thought the OP had learned by now, slow or bad tanks will get chewed on in random dungeons.
    Yeah.. I just don't understand how a tank can ever get chewed on in a dungeon. You're supposed to be the one chewing on others. The DPS are your bitch, act as such.