Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I would stop that now. Sarcasm and jokes don't translate well over the internet remember.
    Wow.... really...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    Wow.... really...?
    Yes really. While the intended target of the joke might find it funny and know it was a joke, someone stumbling across this thread wouldn't know that and therefore infraction. Just doing my job here.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Yes really. While the intended target of the joke might find it funny and know it was a joke, someone stumbling across this thread wouldn't know that and therefore infraction. Just doing my job here.
    Exactly why Joy was infracted the last time. Joy shouldn't have to ask "Wow.... really...?".

That "someone" shouldn't be offended since it wasn't even targeted at him. Hence no infraction You shouldn't just infract everything that gets reported.

+ 47

Deleted
    So how come no one that ever said "bork bork" was told to "lay it off"....?

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    That "someone" shouldn't be offended since it wasn't even targeted at him. Hence no infraction You shouldn't just infract everything that gets reported.
    If you shout out a racist comment out in public.. it's allowed because it wasn't directed at someone specific?

And there's plenty of bad material that goes by unreported. Mods are only doing their jobs.

Deleted
    STOP HAVING FUN IN FUN STUFF! IT'S NOT ALLOWED!

c

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 12:23 PM ----------

So how come no one that ever said "bork bork" was told to "lay it off"....?
    bork bork bjorgenfjord

Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    If you shout out a racist comment out in public.. it's allowed because it wasn't directed at someone specific?

And there's plenty of bad material that goes by unreported. Mods are only doing their jobs.
    I thought we were talking about jokes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh believe me we don't. It's a case by case basis with every report.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

I thought we were talking about jokes?
    What you consider a joke can still be seen as racist by someone else.
    Just like how he was joking about that homophobic word that he was infracted for last time.. yet someone stumbling across this thread could be offended by it.
    Look at it from another person's perspective; you're not the only person/group of people on this forum.

Deleted

Typing in a forum =/= shouting in public....

Oh believe me we don't. It's a case by case basis with every report.
    Oh. I misread that. My reading comprehension is derping.

Not ever report is infracted. Some reports are down right stupid, but still have to be considered.

People get offended so easily over stupid things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gravemind View Post
    Don't say that, it might offend someone!

Quote Originally Posted by The Gravemind View Post
    That's why the mods have to be strict about it.

Typing in a forum =/= shouting in public....
    So, this forum isn't public and a random forum goer can't stumble across this thread, right?
    My mistake.

+ 48.

Deleted
    So, this forum isn't public and a random forum goer can't stumble across this thread, right?
    My mistake.
    So what you're saying is that all the things you've said here are stuff that's appropriate to shout out in public?

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 12:35 PM ----------

+ 49

So what you're saying is that all the things you've said here are stuff that's appropriate to shout out in public?
    Of course not, but you should know better than to openly air offensive comments.

It's not the first time you've received an infraction. It shouldn't take you that long to get a point.

That's why the mods have to be strict about it.
    No, that's why mods should be more lenient. I could go on a reporting spree because I find people saying rouge instead of rogue offensive, knowing some mods here they would really infract it.
    If this trend persists we could as well close the forum, because in time even creating a thread with an opinion in it would be seen as offensive.

+ 50

Deleted
    Of course not, but you should know better than to openly air offensive comments.

It's not the first time you've received an infraction. It shouldn't take you that long to get a point.
    Just as you have done, on multiple occasions? Or is it just when you get the chance to play Mr High-horse you start following the rules?

I get the point, I just don't agree with it.

No, that's why mods should be more lenient. I could go on a reporting spree because I find people saying rouge instead of rogue offensive, knowing some mods here they would really infract it.
    If this trend persists we could as well close the forum, because in time even creating a thread with an opinion in it would be seen as offensive.
    You're jumping to an extreme to prove your point.
    Moderators are mindless beings with no opportunity to think for themselves, right?
    They have common sense. They're not going to infract for ridiculous reasons.