Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you read the war of the ancients, Illidan wasn't just imprisoned for that, but also for (attempted?) murder when he attacked those that tried to stop him, it's been a while so I forget if he actually killed anyone. That brings another moral quandry though. Is life imprisonment morally acceptable when you're immortal?

What people seem to overlook is that the high elves DID NOT KNOW they were building on a troll burial site, at least not until the trolls started the war. They had just come to the EK and just fled the place driving some of them crazy. They found a good place and started settling without knowing where they were. It's not like they just decided 'eh, let's desecrate this burial site because we hate trolls.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    What people seem to overlook is that the high elves DID NOT KNOW they were building on a troll burial site, at least not until the trolls started the war. They had just come to the EK and just fled the place driving some of them crazy. They found a good place and started settling without knowing where they were. It's not like they just decided 'eh, let's desecrate this burial site because we hate trolls.'
    The Orcs didn't either when they first started cutting down trees in Ashenvale. They needed lumber. They didn't even know Night Elves existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The Orcs didn't either when they first started cutting down trees in Ashenvale. They needed lumber. They didn't even know Night Elves existed.
    And nelves struck first. If they had approached the orcs and told them there forest is sacred and offered them another means, then they might have avoided it. But not, they just struck first from the shadows for some people cutting down a few trees to survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And nelves struck first. If they had approached the orcs and told them there forest is sacred and offered them another means, then they might have avoided it. But not, they just struck first from the shadows for some people cutting down a few trees to survive.
    Knowing Grom, who was a hot head and attacked human settlements in Kalimdor when his Warchief forbade it, he would have attacked the Night Elves anyway. Grom was not the kind to ask for permission.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Yeah, the Nelfs attacked without any attempt at diplomacy. And the orcs have shown a tendency to do the same, this same thing has been demonstrated by both factions, as well as the amani trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    The Soul of an Orc but he needs a human host to become the lich king

though im sure any host will do but humans seem to be the most gullible lol
    Actually he was the lich king the moment he landed in azeroth, without a host body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eLiTe_J_ View Post
    Actually he was the lich king the moment he landed in azeroth, without a host body.
    Without a host body, he was hemorrhaging power and dying.

What is this nonsense... I don't think that was the point of him saying that was it. He was the Lich King, dying or not. Comments like this do not make him less a Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    What is this nonsense... I don't think that was the point of him saying that was it. He was the Lich King, dying or not. Comments like this do not make him less a Lich King.
    Because his power was weakening... The Lich King loses control over the Scourge when he weakens, that makes him less of a Lich King.

Because his power was weakening... The Lich King loses control over the Scourge when he weakens, that makes him less of a Lich King.
    He is still an orc

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    He is still an orc
    Yes but the Lich King during Wotlk was solely Arthas in control, as he waged war on Azeroth.

The LK was losing power because of a gambit. He made a hole in his prison to throw Frostmourne out for Arthas to find. If he hadn't done that, he'd still be a prisoner, but would have been at full power. Either way, the LK was still the soul of an orc all through WC 3 until the climax.

After that, blizzard can't give us a straight up answer on what the relationship between the two was. The novel suggests that Arthas 'kills' both his humanity and Ner'zhul's presence in the LK's mind, but novels have been contradicted by game lore before. Uther suggests that Arthas' presence is only a 'dwindling one' in the LK's mind. Tirion says there's nothing left to redeem in his heart, yet Uther thinks some small part of Arthas is holding back the scourge from destroying everything. One of Arthas' final lines. 'is it over,' can be interpreted to mean that his stay in the LK's being was not a pleasant one, and he's asking if his torment is over. Though it could also just mean he's asking if he's going to die now.

Stop pretending like this scenario would have been any different than it is now. Yeah, the Orcs are totally a compliant, understanding, cooperative race. *rolls eyes*

Sorry but what is this? It seems like theres this sudden craze for posting topics on why people think orcs are evil.

Humans are more the fault why orcs are fighting back as they do, would just back off and stop being overzealous tools, the orcs wouldn't of had idiots like Garrosh come ahead and do what he did.
    I blame Thrall for choosing an incapable leader. Forreal tho, who didnt see it coming that Garrosh would go mad with greed and power if he was promoted to warchief? Its like a guild of great players being led by a horrible guildmaster and clueless raidleader; it's going to crumble.

DURRRRR, Thrall... DURR!!
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

He was only hemorrhaging power due to Illidan's spell.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    I will stick to this

no orcs

no scourge

no scourge

no kel thuzad

no kel thuzad

no archi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    He was only hemorrhaging power due to Illidan's spell.
    I guess I got mixed up on the timeline. Ner'zhul was on Azeroth a lot longer than I remember before pushing out Frostmourne.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I will stick to this

no orcs

no scourge

no scourge

no kel thuzad

no kel thuzad

no archi
    Sorry to burst your bubble: "Indeed, if the orcs never make it to Azeroth, the Alliance will never form. Eventually civil war will break out, further weakening the human kingdoms. Ultimately the Burning Legion will invade Azeroth, destroying it in the absence of any defenders."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I will stick to this

no orcs

no scourge

no scourge

no kel thuzad

no kel thuzad

no archi
    No humans

No Kel Thuzad

No Kel Thuzad

No achievement

There, I just cut it down to half the effort, and all it took was getting rid of a redundant race.

10+ Year Old Account
    No humans

No Kel Thuzad

No Kel Thuzad

No achievement

There, I just cut it down to half the effort, and all it took was getting rid of a redundant race.
    I think he meant Archimond.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he meant Archimond.
    fair enough, I assumed he was an achievement hound.