Quote Originally Posted by Venali View Post
    DX9 seemed to help - didn't run into the issue after swapping over. That said, there are times where it has a lull anyway. Either way, thanks for the info. Hope it gets fixed, however... I miss some of the DX11 visuals
    Glad I could help! It does suck that the game is so intensive and not exactly optimized the best. A 570 should be able to run it. I'd say to post on their official forums in the Tech Support section, but they've been in a transition and cut back mode, so those forums are pretty dead. The users are pretty quick so it may be worth it.

Didn't notice that you got 1200 funcom points for free, that's awesome I should probably get issue #5.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    Didn't notice that you got 1200 funcom points for free, that's awesome I should probably get issue #5.
    Yup, for completing 30 missions. It's pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    I bought some skanky clothes for my Dragon asian chick with those points aha. Turns out i acquired a taste for it and have now purchased like 4 or 5 other outfits.
    The funny thing is, my favorite outfit atm is the Martial Artist deck outfit, with the mask/bandana of the Ninja deck outfit. Looks sexay. =p
    Talk about spending superflous money

I bought the game about a week ago and having a blast (I Played the beta but didn't buy into it until now). I'm actually trying to do Blue Mountain first before Egypt. Yes I know Egypt is supposed to be "easier" but I just want to do things in the correct story order. Having a blast right now. Will prob have the Martial Artist Deck done in another few days.

Will prob buy Issue 5 when it comes out. Well worth the cost IMO. I hope the game continues to sell well and grow over time. Keep the PvP contained as a side show and push PvE content and I'll be a happy clam.

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    I bought the game about a week ago and having a blast (I Played the beta but didn't buy into it until now). I'm actually trying to do Blue Mountain first before Egypt. Yes I know Egypt is supposed to be "easier" but I just want to do things in the correct story order. Having a blast right now. Will prob have the Martial Artist Deck done in another few days. .
    Honestly the whole Egypt before BM thing is pointless now. There may have been merit to it when the game was first released, but they heavily toned down BM a month or so in, and it's really not that difficult anymore - especially if you've made sure to cover every quest in the previous two zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matheren View Post
    Honestly the whole Egypt before BM thing is pointless now. There may have been merit to it when the game was first released, but they heavily toned down BM a month or so in, and it's really not that difficult anymore - especially if you've made sure to cover every quest in the previous two zones.
    I didn't bother going to egypt before basically finishing BM myself. I still had some group stuff to do there, and a couple higher-end questlines, but I finished most of the normal stuff before moving on to Egypt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    I bought the game about a week ago and having a blast (I Played the beta but didn't buy into it until now). I'm actually trying to do Blue Mountain first before Egypt. Yes I know Egypt is supposed to be "easier" but I just want to do things in the correct story order. Having a blast right now. Will prob have the Martial Artist Deck done in another few days.

Will prob buy Issue 5 when it comes out. Well worth the cost IMO. I hope the game continues to sell well and grow over time. Keep the PvP contained as a side show and push PvE content and I'll be a happy clam.
    Issue #5 is already out =p

And i didn't do Egypt before Blue Montain either, that said i bought the game in November so i probably didn't play the "hard" version.

EDIT : I still consider Blue Montain the hardest zone i played so far. (About to start Carpathian Fangs , yes i'm slow deal with it)
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-02-17 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    EDIT : I still consider Blue Montain the hardest zone i played so far. (About to start Carpathian Fangs , yes i'm slow deal with it)
    Carpathian Fangs is tough. Consider that zone solo endgame progression because it will kick the shit out of you if you don't have the right builds and good enough gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Carpathian Fangs is tough. Consider that zone solo endgame progression because it will kick the shit out of you if you don't have the right builds and good enough gear.
    Pretty much this :P

Blue Mountain wasn't too bad, however I have to admit I did level with a friend. We two-manned absolutely everything in there, although there was probably that one quest in the quarry that we should've gone for one-two more people. But what I mean when I say it wasn't too bad is either of us would've been fine solo'ing even with our gimpy builds at that point.

And yeah, the last two Transylvania zones will absolutely destroy you without an impair, a hinder, a debilitate, aoe and single target damage plus some healing in the same deck. You can probably get away with skipping on the AoE, but I wouldn't try it unless you've got some mean single target burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are scaring me. I have 3 builds, Martial Artist tanky deck, Ninja DPS deck (I'm Dragon) and a DPS/Heal Hybrid deck that i used for most of the game, with Weakening, Affliction and huge Penetration procs. Will that do?

Also, how hard is it to complete the Story Mission there? i mostly engaged in that, i really wanna finish it, the story is pretty good overall in this game.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-02-17 at 02:54 PM.

Finished the story line last night and the ending was great. The problem I am having now is I am in QL10 greens and I have no motivation to start the dungeon grind so I may be done with the game.
    Maybe if I take a day or two off I'll be ready to jump into that part of the game.

Even if I don't play it again it's worth every penny just for the story alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are scaring me. I have 3 builds, Martial Artist tanky deck, Ninja DPS deck (I'm Dragon) and a DPS/Heal Hybrid deck that i used for most of the game, with Weakening, Affliction and huge Penetration procs. Will that do?

Also, how hard is it to complete the Story Mission there? i mostly engaged in that, i really wanna finish it, the story is pretty good overall in this game.
    Carpathian Fangs is designed as endgame. You aren't intended to develop "a solo build" that's fully fleshed out and use that to cruise through the content. You're intended to completely change your build based on whatever enemies you're going to be fighting, to avoid certain effects and make use of others which the enemies in question are vulnerable to.

Loosely speaking, Innsmouth and Egypt are about rushing yourself to rank 10 weapon/talisman skills and fleshing out your first builds. Transylvania is about creating depth and flexibility, to adapt to whatever the content requires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Carpathian Fangs is designed as endgame. You aren't intended to develop "a solo build" that's fully fleshed out and use that to cruise through the content. You're intended to completely change your build based on whatever enemies you're going to be fighting, to avoid certain effects and make use of others which the enemies in question are vulnerable to.

Loosely speaking, Innsmouth and Egypt are about rushing yourself to rank 10 weapon/talisman skills and fleshing out your first builds. Transylvania is about creating depth and flexibility, to adapt to whatever the content requires.
    What about the Story Mission? Is it Carpathian Fangs hard or normal-ish?

10+ Year Old Account
    What about the Story Mission? Is it Carpathian Fangs hard or normal-ish?
    I haven't had time to finish Carpathian Fangs, but I got my hide handed to me pretty bad the last time I ran at it, and decided to run some instances to try and gear up a bit first.

I managed to do all of the story missions and every hard mission I've come across so far using nothing but green QL10s and a blue QL8 sword with about 4k hp. I am using blade/chaos with some leeching built in and one healing piece. Granted I have a stock of healing potions but it hasn't been terribly hard and it's been really fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the main story along with a couple Carpathian Fangs NPCs missions (the werewolf and Callisto) , all fairly easy-ish. I must say now i'm looking foward to the progress of the main storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just addding that i finished the Tyler Freeborn mission chain, and damn it was awesome. If this is the quality story telling they have in store for the next DLCs, just take my money please.

Just addding that i finished the Tyler Freeborn mission chain, and damn it was awesome. If this is the quality story telling they have in store for the next DLCs, just take my money please.
    That mission chain was sooooo good! We should see an announcement here pretty soon about the next Issue. -fingers crossed-

10+ Year Old Account
    That mission chain was sooooo good! We should see an announcement here pretty soon about the next Issue. -fingers crossed-
    Didn't we already? At least about its contents. http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/g...r_january_2013 Halfway on the post he speaks what sort of missions we will do, Cabal improvements, Veteran reward system etc. Unless you meant the date when it will be released, apologies if thats what you meant.
    That said, it can't come on a better time, assuming its coming this month or early March.
    I already finished the main story, all missions on New England, Egypt, all DLC missions aswell as the ones for the Auxiliary Weapons. Only zone i have not finished yet is Carpathian Fangs (working on it atm), so i will soon run out of stuff to do. (Not interested at all in either PvP or Gear treadmill, for me this game is all about the mostly single player content and story and it did quite a good job of hooking me in)
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-02-20 at 03:01 AM.