Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really never wanted Naga as playerable race, infact to me it doesn't really make a lot of sense. I do however REALLY REALLY want a Aszhara/Naga and Nzoth expac.

Going off a drawing board map from the Making of WoW, I believe the Naga were always intended to be playable. If you look closely at the map the current playable races (excluding Draenei, Worgen, & Panderan) are all written in green marker. Additionally you can see Najzatar and the Naga at the center of the map.

I believe when Blizzard thinks they can properly implement them, we will have Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    They don't have legs, which would be the biggest issue when making them a playable race. They can't ride a mount, wear legs or boots. They probably also look dumb when jumping.
    Has been addressed many times in this thread if you've read through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    I don't seem to understand why people want naga as a playable race. Ignore the fact that they would be a nightmare for armor/mounts. But i'm pretty sure that they are all evil and have a pact with an old god. Plus them joining forces with anybody other than themselves doesn't make much sense. Customization wouldn't be too good either I could imagine.
    They're exotic and the lore potential for a group of them to realize just how far down the rabbit hole they've gone, and claw their way out of it in a redemption story is one that could be a hell of a plot arc. On top of that, it would really put some juice in their faction's story as they have the usual growing pains of settling in with a new faction, learning to trust other races, and they have to overcome the whole 'every other naga in the world is kind of an enormous douchebag' like death knights did.

As far as customization: fin patterns (hair), fin color (hair color), face, scale color (skin color), decorations (arm bands for their secondary set of arms, facial/navel/fin jewelery tied to arm band selection or vice versa), and some tail customization. Right there you've got at least customization levels on-par with the Vanilla 8.

Gear can already be equipped on naga ingame, most notably chest, shoulder, bracer, glove, and weapon slots. Belts are fine; pants can show as skirts (layered, in the case of pants that have those layers on the thighs) and boots can show as tail bands. Weapons, offhands, and shields would show in the top set of hands, with the bottom set clawing during attack animations in time with weapon swings (or holding the enemy still, or some other utility). Back-sheathed weapons would likely follow the Dragon Age approach and sheath straight down from the shoulder to avoid clipping through the fins, and helmets would be worn more as faceguards.

edit: Also, Greco-Roman-themed armor for the starting zone would be a dream. I'd even eat a race-change fee just to be able to have a character with Hoplite armor and armed with a gladius.
    Last edited by Thage; 2013-02-16 at 04:56 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Cant fit pants to naga, so not possible for blizzard to introduce them as playable race.
    Put your snake back in your pants buddy..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    *Cough* Netherstorm *cough*
    Basically one zone full of arcane energies, which spread all over the Outlands.
    Yes for the blood elves sitting in Netherstorm, no for those sitting anywhere else. Now, I see you have a tauren, so not sure if you played the Alliance PoV in Outland, but in Tekkrodar Forest there's one camp where a high elf asks you to get former draenei vessels from a ruined town. Why? Because they contain arcane energy and them, the high elves, need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Yes for the blood elves sitting in Netherstorm, no for those sitting anywhere else. Now, I see you have a tauren, so not sure if you played the Alliance PoV in Outland, but in Tekkrodar Forest there's one camp where a high elf asks you to get former draenei vessels from a ruined town. Why? Because they contain arcane energy and them, the high elves, need it.
    My tauren had a plastic surgery mid-cataclysm, because he used to be a human in Vanilla-mid Cata - yeah, I do know alliance questlines there. And it's hard to believe nothing would radiate to other zones from that pit of arcane energies.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Going off a drawing board map from the Making of WoW, I believe the Naga were always intended to be playable. If you look closely at the map the current playable races (excluding Draenei, Worgen, & Panderan) are all written in green marker. Additionally you can see Najzatar and the Naga at the center of the map.

I believe when Blizzard thinks they can properly implement them, we will have Naga.

Has been addressed many times in this thread if you've read through it.
    What are the 4 races on Eastern Kingdoms,especially the one south of Undead?

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    What are the 4 races on Eastern Kingdoms,especially the one south of Undead?
    I've always been curious of that myself. I tried toying with the image myself to see try and make it would with no avail. Perhaps someone with better photoshop skills could make it out.

My best guess, given its written under Dalaran, is it says Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    I for one like them because of their lore and looks . They are highly intelligent,have unique architecture and lifestyle.Given their intelligence there should be individuals that realize how bad their Queen and Old gods are. You can manipulate stupid ogres or mindless creatures like faceless ones,but Naga are a lot more than that.You can even see some rare neutral naga,and speaking with them you can notice how perfect their language and expression is.Trolls have been around for even longer than the Naga and still have problems with common language...
    Also their unique model will bring a whole new perspective into the playable races.Right now most of them (Alliance mainly ) look so human like that when wearing armor you have hard time saying what race is that char ,especially from big distance.
    We play in an imaginary world,fighting dragons and all kind of monsters,why should we limit ourselves with the playable races and play only Human looking races.
    Naga are humanoid too just different model,not fish ppl like some players say.
    And I believe that if they need a lot of work to be made playable at least at the end we will get something really remarkable.
    Trolls have been around longer than naga? If im not mistaken the naga was created when the Sundering happened (See Well of Eternity) and while sinking to the bottom of the ocean azshara made a deal with N'zoth? Im not to familiar with all the lore, but i know the naga are much older than any current day troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    Trolls have been around longer than naga? If im not mistaken the naga was created when the Sundering happened (See Well of Eternity) and while sinking to the bottom of the ocean azshara made a deal with N'zoth? Im not to familiar with all the lore, but i know the naga are much older than any current day troll.
    Naga came from elves, elves came from trolls. Trolls are a much older race than naga. In terms of individuals, Night Elves are the oldest because of immortality.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-02-17 at 03:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Nagas are stupid no thank you
    With an argument like that, how can we possibly doubt what you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I've always been curious of that myself. I tried toying with the image myself to see try and make it would with no avail. Perhaps someone with better photoshop skills could make it out.

My best guess, given its written under Dalaran, is it says Elves.
    I've got all but 2 of them.
    I think the one under Dalaran is something like _ _ AVA _ ?
    Not even a guess as to the bottom one.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Its like Pandaren everyone wants it to be a playable race than they complain it doesn't work when it actually becomes one !!
    Just like every thing else in the game...

The people asking for 'x' aren't the people complaining about 'x'. Blizzard says as much when they explain why they are hesitant on changing the status quo, even if there are many players asking for it. The people not posting in forums are people happy about the state of affairs. When it gets changed, the people requesting the change are happy and stop posting, then the people upset by the change, who never asked for the change, start posting.

Two different groups of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Naga came from elves, elves came from trolls. Trolls are a much older race than naga. In terms of individuals, Night Elves are the oldest because of immortality.
    Naga could likely be the same age as Night Elves or older. Azshara is still immortal and older than any living Nelf and its possible other Naga near her are also immortal.

Im not sure I like the way Blizzard does evolution. Their evolution is basically you have Race X that splits and becomes Race X and Y, then Race Y does the same thing and you have Races X,Y,Z, ect. At least in the case of Trolls and Nelves, there should be a common ancestor that no longer exists because both have adapted to different races. You know, like real evolution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Naga could likely be the same age as Night Elves or older. Azshara is still immortal and older than any living Nelf and its possible other Naga near her are also immortal.

Im not sure I like the way Blizzard does evolution. Their evolution is basically you have Race X that splits and becomes Race X and Y, then Race Y does the same thing and you have Races X,Y,Z, ect. At least in the case of Trolls and Nelves, there should be a common ancestor that no longer exists because both have adapted to different races. You know, like real evolution.
    The evolution of the Trolls/Elves isn't real evolution. They were transformed by the magic of the Well of Eternity. The Naga came about due to a curse.

EDIT: Evolution doesn't necessarily mean the progenitor goes extinct. If a population migrates or gets geographically separated, they could adapt to their new environment and become a new species while the original group remained unchanged.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-02-17 at 07:03 AM.

Maybe beacuse they are totally differente from the other playable races, in therms of culture, apparence and other things

10+ Year Old Account
    who is everyone? cause i know i don't want naga

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I don't understand why people want Pandas to be a playable race. Ignore the fact that they are tubby and comical and unsuited to the more serious fantasy design of the other races (bar gnomes). But i'm pretty sure they were only put in as a joke in the first place. Plus them joining forces with Alliance or Horde doesn't make much sense since they are neutral. Customization wouldn't be too good either I could imagine.

c wut I did ther?

It's perfectly simple to come up with a way for "evil" races to be good, just look at the Forsaken. I mean, the lore is no less ridiculous than the Draenei amg my spaceship crashed lore or the Worgen "here is a magic staff" lore. Just say a bunch of Naga broke away from the lure of n'zoth and Azshara and had to take refuge with the horde to stop the other tribes from annihilating them.

As for armor and mounts, armor is fine, pants are fine, boots can just be circular band like on troll feet so thats fine. Tails can just loop side to side so they can mount perfectly fine. Customization would be exactly the same as any other race so that's not even a point.

Next.
    are you on meth? tails can loop side to side on mounts!? dude. stop and visualize that for a second. a fucking fish on a kodo? retarded. there is no mount cept for the...trying to think of one...uhhh.........ya there is not 1 mount i can think of that would look a quarter-way normal. mounts are for bi-peds. ya know 2 legs? ya flopping tail good idea...... uhhhh the pants?! ya sweet little mermaid kilt you got on there. shit will look like a chefs apron. i think metzen would eat his cat before he would let naga be a playable(no idea if metzen has a cat)

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really care about Naga being playable until we had the underwater questline in Cataclysm. After that, I guess it made the reality of playing a Naga less obscure. I wouldn't vote for them to be one of the new races. I'd rather see some bigger character models; like ogres... Like the size I was hoping Pandaren would be; bigger than the Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The evolution of the Trolls/Elves isn't real evolution. They were transformed by the magic of the Well of Eternity. The Naga came about due to a curse.

EDIT: Evolution doesn't necessarily mean the progenitor goes extinct. If a population migrates or gets geographically separated, they could adapt to their new environment and become a new species while the original group remained unchanged.
    Yeah magic. Im just saying it would be nice if something was "natural" for once.

Most of the time in evolution you will see the old species dies out as the offshoot one is better adapted to an environmental change or just more fit. Other times there will be a split where part of the species goes to a different environment and adapts while the original species stays in the same place and adpats differently. The result is 2 new species from a common ancestor. So in the case of Trolls/Nelves this would be like an ancient race of trolls are partially transformed into Nelves while the rest of the ancient trolls continue to evolve into the modern trolls.