enhance or ele 5.2 os

As a main spec resto shaman; I basically dont need any of the 5.0 lfr gear, but i will do the 5.2 lfr as resto. Should i go with enhance or ele as an offspec dps in 5.2? Id be getting 5.0 lfr gear mostly so id have an easier time doing dailies. Thank you- mcdjayy

I'd say ele just cause a lot of the gear - trinkets are the same
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    Ugh i hate that most people do that these days.

OT: I really enjoy enhance, im Enhance MS/ Resto Offspec even if gearing for ele is easier, its not that much harder to gear for enhance either.

In all honesty, play what you want.

I'm Enhancement MS, with Restoration OS (Although I've healed Heroic Raids). Play whatever you want as your OS. I would personally recommend playing Elemental, because of the nature of melee in a raid group. If you want to play Enhance, then play it, however getting gear is a little rough.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Enhance is my favourite dps spec in game, some people dont like it though

If you play enhance be ready for that occasional moment where you can do nothing but auto attack though that should be pretty rare at 90

Deleted
    As other has said, go with what you like.

If you only use your offspec for dailies, then it doesnt really matter if your gear is a bit worse as enhance that it would be as elemental (since you can re-use most of your resto gear as ele).

Deleted
    Just play whichever you want, honestly. See which one you've got the most/best gear for and continue with that.

So you'd use Essence of terror or Light of the cosmos in resto, or something like Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal in elemental? Sure you can do dailies with those, but trinkets are NOT the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amusingly, it's basically every but the trinkets that's the same.

Assuming you have no personal play preference (which seems likely, or you wouldn't have made a thread like this), elemental is, of course, the best choice due to gear sharing. No point in playing enhancement if you don't enjoy it more, as it will just take you longer and give you more frustration to gear it.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

For those confused he said everything minus trinkets are the same. As in trinkets are the only thing different >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzoh View Post
    For those confused he said everything minus trinkets are the same. As in trinkets are the only thing different >.>
    All that confusion because he couldn't be bothered to type four extra keys. :P

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jjayjay25 View Post
    As a main spec resto shaman; I basically dont need any of the 5.0 lfr gear, but i will do the 5.2 lfr as resto. Should i go with enhance or ele as an offspec dps in 5.2? Id be getting 5.0 lfr gear mostly so id have an easier time doing dailies. Thank you- mcdjayy
    When you use your secondary spec, how important is it that you maximize DPS?

On live, Enhancement DPS blows Elemental DPS away -- to the point where, if you have solid access to Agi items, gear sharing isn't worth the trade-off.

The *claim* is that Elemental DPS is increasing in 5.2, but I fear it won't last. Poor scaling is a chronic problem with Elemental, to the point where we find their catch-all talents getting buffed almost every version patch (and they inevitably fall behind at the end of each tier). Historically, Enhancement doesn't have this problem nearly as often or nearly to the same degree. Elemental is "that class that doesn't scale", and my instinct tells me it'll always be this way.

Are you comfortable with that? The good news is it'll be easy to gear...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    If it's just to help a MS Resto sham get through dailies faster and the occasional old LFR to gear up, a 5% difference in DPS doesn't matter enough to warrant tracking down even a mostly-full set of Agi gear from scratch (especially that whole "two Agi weapons" part) unless you are really motivated to play as Enhance for your OS. If you already have a reasonable set of Agi gear, though, either dps spec will do fine.

Thinking about playstyle -- if you are already familiar with killing things as Resto, but neither Enhance nor Elem, Elem will be the easier of the two to learn.

Deleted
    Ele/Enh for all the offspec loot!

Play what you like, as always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post

On live, Enhancement DPS blows Elemental DPS away -- to the point where, if you have solid access to Agi items, gear sharing isn't worth the trade-off.

The *claim* is that Elemental DPS is increasing in 5.2, but I fear it won't last. Poor scaling is a chronic problem with Elemental, to the point where we find their catch-all talents getting buffed almost every version patch (and they inevitably fall behind at the end of each tier). Historically, Enhancement doesn't have this problem nearly as often or nearly to the same degree. Elemental is "that class that doesn't scale", and my instinct tells me it'll always be this way.

Are you comfortable with that? The good news is it'll be easy to gear...
    First, you're severely overestimating the difference between the two. It's significant enough that a hardcore raider who can choose and still get a raid spot will probably choose enh, but not significant enough for anyone else to worry about. In full BiS gear, it's somewhere in the realm of 5k DPS, which gets significantly reduced on fights where melee have less uptime than ranged.

Second, you severely underestimating the difference between having all of your gear basically done already and having to build a completely new set (especially a weapon, or weapons). My guild is 16/16H, and if I were to decide to build an enh set, I could probably get away with it. But even if I managed to go from 0 pieces to, say, 490 ilvl, my resto set played in ele spec would still pull more DPS due to having a much higher ilvl. And 490 is being fairly generous, I might add. Gearing a completely new offset to the level of your main set is not a quick or easy undertaking.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    If you play enhance be ready for that occasional moment where you can do nothing but auto attack though that should be pretty rare at 90
    This was the main thing that put me off when I tried it during leveling. Being unable to do anything but watch my char autoattack for a few seconds of every rotation was maddeningly frustrating. Ele feels like it kills stuff slower though (although I'm sure their dps are similar).

Deleted
    Play whatever you like the most.

There's a "hidden buff" in the game not many know about. It's true, its realy hidden in the game code and only throught extensive datamining its visible - it's called the "fun factor".

If you play a class/spec that you have fun and enjoy more you actualy do more dps than a class/spec you find boring or its realy not your thing. Normaly goes around 1 to 20% more dps in some cases, it's one of the most well-kept secret in the wow forums.

I am ofc being ironic and playfull a little. All i wanted to say was that if you play a spec that you realy like and you do well, it's more than likely that you do better in it than a spec that it's theoreticaly better in the simcrafts, but then you don't enjoy.

I always give the example that when i was playing my warlock a few years back i was doing more dps in the destruction spec than affliction, but every chart in the world was giving affliction an edge. I realy realy realy tried to do well in affliction but for some reason i was finding it boring and falling asleep not paying attention and failing in the dps. As destruction i was topping charts because i was always alert and having fun.

TLDR: Try both and see what you do better and have more fun.