Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Triple DPS in 5.2

With the buff to hybrid healing, is it possible for a solid triple dps team to do well?

A triple dps comp my friends and I were thinking of is:
    - Windwalker Monk
    - Shadow Priest
    - Boomkin

Think this is viable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonteqq View Post
    With the buff to hybrid healing, is it possible for a solid triple dps team to do well?

A triple dps comp my friends and I were thinking of is:
    - Windwalker Monk
    - Shadow Priest
    - Boomkin

Think this is viable?
    WW-monk is deffo a good choice but both boomkins and spriest are easy to zerg.
    IF triple dps returns it will be rogue/hunter + monk,dk,retpala

Everything works if you are skilled enough tho

Deleted
    I see the comp you listed as being able to go to a fairly decent rating.
    Boomkins are getting a buff to Starsurge, though a nerf to Nature's Vigil, which means our burst will stay around the same (maybe a little lower).
    Moonkins burst is freaking sick, especially with 3+ targets to DoT up.

Shadow priests burst is quite okay aswell, but with bad RNG it takes some time to ramp up, which might be a problem when going 3x DPS, which relies on some VERY fast games.

WW monks seems to be in a good place next patch, and the class fits the other 2 quite well.

I would go for it, and see how far you can go. I wouldn't be surprised if the comp could go 2k+ if you are all skilled.

ret/rogue/hunter

Deleted
    Just take 3 BMs and your good to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Triple destro. Bloodfear everyone then dump 3 darksoul chaoes bolts into one target.

Of course if it doesnt get a kill, you will lose, but it would be fun.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Only up to a certain point.

I personally don't think the comp you listed will be able to do well though.

Rogue/Boomkin/Hunter

Everyone starts stealthed, all with insane burst.

Smokebombs, vortex+beam, and all that good stuff.

Ww/ret/x, x being a heavy dps like fdk, or something with control/dps like rogue
    Personally i think ret ww rogue sounds pretty nasty
    Or u could go with 3 hybrid heals like ret/ww/enh(or maybe shadow?)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    Ww/ret/x, x being a heavy dps like fdk, or something with control/dps like rogue
    Personally i think ret ww rogue sounds pretty nasty
    Or u could go with 3 hybrid heals like ret/ww/enh(or maybe shadow?)
    Why a Ret?
    Just make your team Rogue/WW/Hunter, or Rogue/WW/Mage if you want to do triple DPS, OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Why a Ret?
    Just make your team Rogue/WW/Hunter, or Rogue/WW/Mage if you want to do triple DPS, OP.
    Rets provide heals, survibability, cc and utility for the whole team. Rets will be king shit for triple dps in 5.2!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Why a Ret?
    Because like i said, 3 hybrid heals, or the 2 hybrids, if ur gona play trip dps ur obviously trying to make the games quick, so ret fits that with burst, or if ur not able to make it quick, ud want more than 1 offheal, which, once again, is why i said ret

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because like i said, 3 hybrid heals, or the 2 hybrids, if ur gona play trip dps ur obviously trying to make the games quick, so ret fits that with burst, or if ur not able to make it quick, ud want more than 1 offheal, which, once again, is why i said ret
    Your offheals, even with 2 dps, won't stop 2 dps and a healer from killing you. You're going to want maybe 1 hybrid with 2 other dps with great CC. Rogue is great for it because of smokebomb, Hunters have arguably better burst than a Ret beecause they can Readiness it back as soon as it falls off, and are harder to kill. You want dps that are slippery/bad targets with strong CC and good burst. Hunters and mages fit that pretty well.

[/COLOR]
    Rets provide heals, survibability, cc and utility for the whole team. Rets will be king shit for triple dps in 5.2!
    Ret heals are only being buffed for themselves, group heals are being nerfed last I checked.
    Ret has no survive-ability and will just get zerged by other triple dps, or even normal two dps one healer teams.
    Ret has no CC unless you think a 30 sec stun and an incapacitate on a 2 min CD is any better than what other classes (Like Warriors) bring.
    Ret is only good for utility and burst every 3 minutes.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 12:48 AM ----------

There are a lot of classes with better burst and more survive-ability than Ret.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 12:50 AM ----------

WW-monk is deffo a good choice but both boomkins and spriest are easy to zerg.
    IF triple dps returns it will be rogue/hunter + monk,dk,retpala

Say that to the Ret community which generally caps out at under 2k in 2s and is the squishiest spec in 3s.
    Last edited by Lolretadin; 2013-02-18 at 12:47 AM.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    Ret heals are only being buffed for themselves, group heals are being nerfed last I checked.
    Ret has no survive-ability and will just get zerged by other triple dps, or even normal two dps one healer teams.
    Ret has no CC unless you think a 30 sec stun and an incapacitate on a 2 min CD is any better than what other classes (Like Warriors) bring.

Say that to the Ret community which generally caps out at under 2k in 2s and is the squishiest spec in 3s.
    I think the biggest problem for ret is just that warriors are too good. Class homogenization has really enveloped melee specs recently--one melee is best, and the others are mostly not worth playing. I'm sure ret will be comparatively much stronger next patch just because warriors will be more balanced. They may well still be considerably worse than whatever the new top-tier melee is, but that delta will be smaller and you should get further with your class even without any buffs.

Rets are definitely weak on their defenses, but again I think it's more of a comparative thing. Honestly rogues, enhance, windwalkers, and dks have pretty terrible defenses too, so I might be inclined to think it's just warriors and ferals setting the bar too high for anything else to measure up. It doesn't help rets out that spriests are so amazing right now either, since they can just negate your one real defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    Triple destro. Bloodfear everyone then dump 3 darksoul chaoes bolts into one target.

Of course if it doesnt get a kill, you will lose, but it would be fun.
    Yeah, only a shame you didn't read that blood fear is getting nerfed to the ground....

Just any combination of warrior/ret/fdk/ww monk/rogue/bm hunter/feral/fmage will likely do the job. I can't tell now what combination is the best since the season has yet to begin, but it's unlikely that you'll see anything other then these classes in triple dps comps

If they tone down WW damage to compensate for their new mastery, then i doubt it.

The point of a triple DPS setup is to burst people down, not outlast them.
    Only the Moonkin has the cooldowns required for a setup like that. Nature's Vigil + Incarnation + Celestial Alignment = Bitches go Boom.

A WW Monk has no strong offensive CDs outside of Tigereye Brew, wich takes time to gather.
    And a Spriest lacks offensive CDs of any kind, only Mindbender.

Even with Spriest and Moonkin offhealing and support utility, you'll never outlast a double dps + healer comp.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    [/COLOR]

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 12:48 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 12:50 AM ----------

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.
    Everything about your post is wrong.

Off heals for ret are being buffed, as well as self heals.
    Hand of Sac buff is amazing, as well as the huge buff to wings.

There are so many buffs coming to Ret, it will be great. As well as all the nerfs to other classes.
    Ret is the true triple DPS class.

Ret/Rogue/Hunter will be back in force.

enh shaman/rogue/boomkin.

cloak of stealth or w/e, open on someone, smoke bomb + solar beam + vortex + capacitor totem + swifty macros + ascendance + kofgjdsfkjgsdfk = everything dead

Triple DPS is never really viable at higher ratings, but at lower ratings where people don't really know how to react there is a lot of trip dps comps that could work.

Generally casters don't do well in triple DPS because of ramp up time or cast bars. For this reason, Spriest won't work (even though the healing capabilities are good, it would just get trained and die to 2 dps in <10 seconds). Boomkin is a good point to raise though, because HotW offhealing is still extremely strong, they have vortex+beam which could lock out a healer completely even if they trinket a stun and they have no ramp up time with their one shot macro because it forces them into an eclipse at the press of a button.

The problem with Moonkin is once the oneshot macro has gone off, it won't be doing any damage really... and will still die very easily to 2 dps.

All in all, melee triple DPS works a lot better than caster trip DPS. The best triple DPS comp will still probably be Rogue/Hunter/Ret, and even that won't be viable really. All 3 classes will have better comps they could play.