Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    Today, 09:02 PM

Last edited by The Monado; Today at 09:17 PM.

Nice try.

And we'll have to agree to disagree. Admittedly, you could make her a Myrmidon with the proper father :x
    Don't expect me to know everything about a game I haven't played yet, :/
    Myrmidons get Astra and +5 Strength, Heroes get Sol and extra damage to axe users... which they are allready supposed to own.
    Seems rather redundant to give them anti-axe skills...

Deleted
    I'll admit my excitement has made me read too much into the game mechanics. D: Thankfully I've skipped most of the story spoilers so far though!

And I'm aware Myrmidons/Swordsmasters are plain better offensively. I just think Mercenaries/Heroes are a cooler class overall. Call it an infatuation with Raven from FE7 being awesome and all.
    Last edited by mmoc7d4827b7f1; 2013-02-17 at 08:48 PM.

Deleted
    I'll admit my excitement has made me read too much into the game mechanics. D: Thankfully I've skipped most of the story spoilers so far though!

And I'm aware Myrmidons/Swordsmasters are plain better offensively. I just think Mercenaries/Heroes are a cooler class overall. Call it an infatuation with Raven from FE7 being awesome and all.
    Well I guess Heroes are kind of cool, I just think they're not really "special" if you know what I mean.
    It's just a regular class that doesn't really excel in much stats other than hp/speed. They're just good at EVERYTHING. Which is why I generally shy away from cavaliers aswell, usually only use 1, maybe 2. (Sain from FE7, awesome dude. Or Lance from Fe6... Abel in Fe11... generally the green ones lol, except Geoffrey from FE9/10, he's badass).

Raven IS badass though, I like how they sort of gave him a special Hero sprite (Doesn't look like a typical one, missing the shoulder armor).
    He is in my list of favorite FE7 characters though: Canas, Hector, Sain, Matthew, Raven, Nino, Florina (cute girls 2 stronk) and Dart.

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Myrmidons get Astra and +5 Strength, Heroes get Sol and extra damage to axe users... which they are allready supposed to own.
    Heroes doesn't do extra damage to axe wielders, they just get +50 Hit/Avo vs Axemen.

My Kjelle is awesome. (Sully's kid) I paired her up with Kellam. Promoted Sully to Paladin lvl 15. and Kellam to General lvl 15. so that Kjelle would have Aegis and Great Shield as a level 10 Knight. Reclass to Myrmidon. That's about as far as I've gotten with her so far.
    Last edited by Sandwrong; 2013-02-17 at 09:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Skills like that are really good for reclassing, like getting Bowbreaker from the Sniper tree for a flier unit. And Heroes don't have the weapon advantage if they're using an axe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Heroes doesn't do extra damage to axe wielders, they just get +50 Hit/Avo vs Axemen. So far I've just leveled my Myrmidons as Mercs. (Weaponthrift, omg) promote to Hero, hit 15, then reclass to Swordmaster (You don't want Vantage!) This way you get Astra and Sol. I wanna level Lo'que as an assassin too, so he can have lethality. Just because.
    Turning all Swordmasters into Assassins is the best. For them you should go through SM for Astra and Swordfaire until 15 then end at Assassin for the all around better caps and bows(assassin skills aren't very spectacular), unless there's some outside class to which you want to switch. Not sure why you wouldn't want Vantage unless you're maxed out with better skills.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2013-02-17 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Skills like that are really good for reclassing, like getting Bowbreaker from the Sniper tree for a flier unit. And Heroes don't have the weapon advantage if they're using an axe.

Making anyone who can be an assassin one is the best. For Lon'qu - any myrmidon really - you should go through SM for Astra and Swordfaire then end at Assassin for the all around better caps and bows, unless you want to go down a different tree in general.
    You keep the skills after reclassing?
    Holy shit, the more you know...

Deleted
    Get all 5 Weaponbreaker skills on one unit, commence dodgemachine?

Or maybe something funny like Wrath, Vengeance, Vantage, Anathema and Miracle if you like living on the edge. xP

...I should go to bed instead of getting excited again. *cries*

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Oooooooooooooooooh! I never thought of getting my flying units bowbreaker. Guess I was too focused on Galeforce... (That's so awesome on the DLC maps, like the gold slaughter map) I want to get locktouch on a flying unit. That'll be sweet.

I'm not a fan of Vantage, because most of the time my SMs do not get low enough to proc it...

Get all 5 Weaponbreaker skills on one unit, commence dodgemachine?

Or maybe something funny like Wrath, Vengeance, Vantage, Anathema and Miracle if you like living on the edge. xP

...I should go to bed instead of getting excited again. *cries*
    I think it's only possible to get all 5 weaponbreaker skills on 3 units. MyUnit. Morgan. and if MyUnit is Male, your other child, Or if MyUnit is Female, Lucina. And I'm not sure it that's 100% true. I know that Paris (a descendant of Ike, obtainable from the final streepass map) comes with the Axe, Lance, and Sword Breaker skills....
    Last edited by Sandwrong; 2013-02-17 at 11:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does your XP gain rate go down as you keep reclassing? I've reclassed Morgan several times now(Started Thief to Assassin to Myrmidon to Swordsmaster to Hero now to Tactician(just for the bonus EXP gain when paired up skill). Now it seems like no matter what I fight, she barely gets any experience per battle.
    Went through all of those just to grab all of the skills I like, she pretty much can't be hit and one or two shots everything, Astra+Ignis+Lethality+Sol, haven't decided what I want to grab as the last skill yet, maybe Armsthrift or Swordfaire.

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    Does your XP gain rate go down as you keep reclassing? I've reclassed Morgan several times now(Started Thief to Assassin to Myrmidon to Swordsmaster to Hero now to Tactician(just for the bonus EXP gain when paired up skill). Now it seems like no matter what I fight, she barely gets any experience per battle.
    Yea, there's internal levels and math that Skelington doesn't particularly understand yet. Basically you want to promote as late as you can(20 or when you have base stat caps) and reclass as early as you can to keep the internal level as low as you can, so if you're promoted and don't want the level 15 skill, reclass from level 5 to a base, or level 10 to a promote. The higher that level the less experience you'll get.
    Something like that. Only really parroting with a poor memory.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2013-02-20 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of what made Raven great in FE7 was the absolute blandness of the one Myrmidon you get, Guy was a boring character and the pre-levelled Swordmasters came too late to be really worth a damn.

Though the issue is as far as Mercs go, I always preferred Gerik. The downside is he's overshadowed by the best two Myrmidons in FE, one who goes on to become the greatest Swordmaster in all of FE (And the only reason Marisa isn't top dog Assassin is because of A: Volke's lethality and B: Jaffar's absolute badassness)
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Part of what made Raven great in FE7 was the absolute blandness of the one Myrmidon you get, Guy was a boring character and the pre-levelled Swordmasters came too late to be really worth a damn.

Though the issue is as far as Mercs go, I always preferred Gerik. The downside is he's overshadowed by the best two Myrmidons in FE, one who goes on to become the greatest Swordmaster in all of FE (And the only reason Marisa isn't top dog Assassin is because of A: Volke's lethality and B: Jaffar's absolute badassness)
    Well Raven also had an unique palette for whatever reason when he promoted to Hero. Guy's personality was overall bad, he acted like a pussy most of the time and he doesn't even have the balls to stay with his only love interest. Not to mention he loses to Karel in a one on one fight for whatever reason and dies. Guy was worth it to level though, he had a great hp growth, decent strength growth and amazing skill/speed.

I think for Mercenaries I'd say Raven > Gerik > Oujay > Ogma > Echidna > Caesar > Dieck. Raven has the best growths, Gerik has the best personality and Oujay was the only useful mercenary in Fe6. Ogma is just... Ogma, not really super amazing or anything.
    I do love the Myrmidons in FE8 though, Joshua has great growths and his supports are always hilarious. Marisa seems like a bland character, but she has pink hair so it's okay :3

Deleted
    Myrmidons in any GBA game is a must, if just for that totally over the top awesome crit animation. Bit sad it doesnt translate well into the later games. Also, Fir (Sword of Seals) is one of the best myrmidons imo (i tend to get stuck on using characters with faces i like).

Putting that aside, the math part of FE is something ive always loved. Calculating ahead of time "if i take these units here, they will survive that many onslaughts" or "the probability of dying if i do like this is x high" is something i love to do. I guess its also possible mainly since the FE math is pretty simple. But its always one of my bigger joys in this game

Another fun thing. Have you guys ever tried the female only challenges? Can be harsh in some of the games due to severe lack of early female champions, but damn fun once it gets rolling. Also gives me a good excuse to use Lethe in Radiant Dawn :P

Also, whats your prefered playstyles? Slow but max-exp giving? Fast and try to break all records? Risky vs safe? Do you care about deaths?
    In my case i prefer to play it safe, as i hate losing units and i refuse to do so, so if someone dies, i will reload. I will take risks, but only if i find it necessary or very useful. I also play it at a medium pace. I max my exp gains, but try to make it decently fast. I find it more fun to see my units level than seeing some kind of perfect end score.
    The +1 +1 +1 during level up is addicting...
    WHY DID YOU GET MAGIC INSTEAD OF STRENGTH YOU STUPID PHYSICAL UNIT?! <---not as addicting admitedly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Myrmidons in any GBA game is a must, if just for that totally over the top awesome crit animation. Bit sad it doesnt translate well into the later games. Also, Fir (Sword of Seals) is one of the best myrmidons imo (i tend to get stuck on using characters with faces i like).

Putting that aside, the math part of FE is something ive always loved. Calculating ahead of time "if i take these units here, they will survive that many onslaughts" or "the probability of dying if i do like this is x high" is something i love to do. I guess its also possible mainly since the FE math is pretty simple. But its always one of my bigger joys in this game

Another fun thing. Have you guys ever tried the female only challenges? Can be harsh in some of the games due to severe lack of early female champions, but damn fun once it gets rolling. Also gives me a good excuse to use Lethe in Radiant Dawn :P

Also, whats your prefered playstyles? Slow but max-exp giving? Fast and try to break all records? Risky vs safe? Do you care about deaths?
    In my case i prefer to play it safe, as i hate losing units and i refuse to do so, so if someone dies, i will reload. I will take risks, but only if i find it necessary or very useful. I also play it at a medium pace. I max my exp gains, but try to make it decently fast. I find it more fun to see my units level than seeing some kind of perfect end score.
    The +1 +1 +1 during level up is addicting...
    WHY DID YOU GET MAGIC INSTEAD OF STRENGTH YOU STUPID PHYSICAL UNIT?! <---not as addicting admitedly
    As for Fir... I'm just leaving this out there.

I don't like rushing chapters, so I just take it slow and get the maximum amount of items/experience. I also try to promote my units at level 18-20 so they can get the maximum out of their levels. I love the math as well, even though I hate math in real stuff, it's exciting to see if you can plan out an entire turn so you survive and get the result you wanted.
    GBA Crit animation of Swordmasters hnnnng, so awesome.

I haven't tried a female only challenge yet, would be rather impossible for Chapter I of Radiant Dawn don't you think? Micaiah vs all those bandits, rofl.
    But what I have tried is a country-only challenge, like only Renais for FE8. Only Pherae for FE7, stuff like that. It's really challenging to limit yourself to certain characters.

I'm the same with dying as you, whenever a character dies I reset. The only exception is when I want them to die, like that Pink haired cavalier bastard in FE10. I just use him as bait in the chapter where you raid that castle as Geoffrey+his knights. Where you get bonus exp the less you kill. I just put him in the right with a few vulneraries and hope he survives. (I use Dandev for that same purpose on the left side, but he usually survives lol).

The best feeling is when you see a perfect levelup, you're just like AWWWW YEAH I got +1 to all stats! Worst is when you get absolutely nothing, like when your Myrmidon has max speed and he only gets speed... which he can't get anymore. *Sigh*

Deleted
    Fir <3
    I guess i did mean swordmasters crit animation, but you need a myrmidon for the promote in the first place anyways
    Theres also Lynn in Blazing Sword when shes upgraded, both with and without her legendary weapon.

As for the female only challenge, you might have to bend the rules where its impossible admitedly, and you will have to max out the male main char, but other than that, its totally worth it. Its also about some bandits never moving etc, so you can simply move very slowly until theyre all dead.
    I could never do a country-only challenge, because i will see a char i like and sit there for a long time wondering if i should skip the challenge or not :P
    And some characters are just way too ugly for me to want to use 0.o

Its good that they made you atleast get +1 point when you level up. So frustrating when you get 0. And yeah, having to sacrifice someone is the only difference i guess. Theres also the certain amount of characters you may have in order to get the dragon queen or whatever.

Deleted
    Fir <3
    I guess i did mean swordmasters crit animation, but you need a myrmidon for the promote in the first place anyways
    Theres also Lynn in Blazing Sword when shes upgraded, both with and without her legendary weapon.

As for the female only challenge, you might have to bend the rules where its impossible admitedly, and you will have to max out the male main char, but other than that, its totally worth it. Its also about some bandits never moving etc, so you can simply move very slowly until theyre all dead.
    I could never do a country-only challenge, because i will see a char i like and sit there for a long time wondering if i should skip the challenge or not :P
    And some characters are just way too ugly for me to want to use 0.o

Its good that they made you atleast get +1 point when you level up. So frustrating when you get 0. And yeah, having to sacrifice someone is the only difference i guess. Theres also the certain amount of characters you may have in order to get the dragon queen or whatever.
    Bolded part is aimed at Gonzales isn't it? Don't hate on the guy, he's awesome!
    Yeah I guess I could bend the rules with a female only challenge. Which game do you think is the best for this anyway? I'd say FE8 due to Eirika being female and shit, so you can pick her route.

That is a welcome change indeed, +0 levelups are the most frustrating and make me reset if it's sub-5 turns in a chapter.
    And yeah in Shadow Dragon you need to let people die for more/better characters. Which is pretty dumb if you ask me.

Deleted
    Didnt particulary aim at anyone. Theres many ugly characters :P

FE8 would be a good start i reckon. Theres also PoR and RD (im not that good with numbers, i prefer the titles :P) where you'll get early females.
    Theres also Sword of Seals and Blazing Sword. While you dont get many early, the real game starts once you get them. And then theres the awesome schoolgirl outfit pegasus trio <3
    It takes a while, and in those cases, just try to level the main chars asap so they wont be in need of leveling later on. Because no matter what, you will still need them storywise, and its a bad idea to leave em oneshotable at that point >.<

Deleted
    Didnt particulary aim at anyone. Theres many ugly characters :P

FE8 would be a good start i reckon. Theres also PoR and RD (im not that good with numbers, i prefer the titles :P) where you'll get early females.
    Theres also Sword of Seals and Blazing Sword. While you dont get many early, the real game starts once you get them. And then theres the awesome schoolgirl outfit pegasus trio <3
    It takes a while, and in those cases, just try to level the main chars asap so they wont be in need of leveling later on. Because no matter what, you will still need them storywise, and its a bad idea to leave em oneshotable at that point >.<
    If there's anyone that's ugly, it's Roy's unpromoted sprite, no joke. Also Makalov in PoR/RD, and that Oliver dude look so ugly (dear lord).

I guess I'll start a Sacred Stones Female only run then, after I finish the ones I'm currently doing. (Sword of Seals Ilia run, Heroes of Light and Shadow normal run and Radiant Dawn "use all swordmasters"-run).

And yes, <3 Pegasus knights, in every game. Especially ones with Pink/Purple hair like Marcia/Florina .

Deleted
    I've done magic units only challenges in most Fire Emblem games because I love them to bits and pieces. Admittedly, having a lack of units early on is rather painful, but it picks up quickly once you begin getting a few Guiding Rings (or whatever's relevant for the game) and promoting all your cutesy magicians into engines of destruction and healing. :x

As for playstyle, I usually take it slowly and maximizing experience wherever I go, though within reason. I've never had the patience to park an unit in front of a boss to get experience until all my weapons break. I also like using whatever units appeal to me instead of listening to all the tierwhores.

Deleted
    I've done magic units only challenges in most Fire Emblem games because I love them to bits and pieces. Admittedly, having a lack of units early on is rather painful, but it picks up quickly once you begin getting a few Guiding Rings (or whatever's relevant for the game) and promoting all your cutesy magicians into engines of destruction and healing. :x

As for playstyle, I usually take it slowly and maximizing experience wherever I go, though within reason. I've never had the patience to park an unit in front of a boss to get experience until all my weapons break. I also like using whatever units appeal to me instead of listening to all the tierwhores.
    I also am a fan of magic users, which is why I usually end up levelling them all for whatever reason. I also like pegasus knights because mobility is king, and they look cute :3. Leveling them may be a pain in the ass though, but that's where we have those nice knights to weaken the enemies come into play.