Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hunter Better before MOP

Hi Blizzard hope you read this (this Post is about PVE and for Survival Hunters )

To tell you the truth,When i started MoP i was very exited with all the new talents and mechanics, but now a couple of month later and with some raiding time past, I have to say: IMHO its going to a very wrong direction.At the end of Cata, I had the feeling that hunter were a well oiled machine and I am not talking just about DPS, I am talking about the whole mechanic of the hunter playing .

At this time I was playing SV for Raid. I was happy. Now we have too much abilities that does no add much to the story. Playing a Hunter got more complicated but not more complex.

Our dps ( SURVIVAL HUNTERS ) is “spread waaaay too thin” (in PvE), mostly due to the nerfs needed for PvP, which is such a shame.

The new abilities add nothing to the play. I kind of like the focus talent tier, but really, glaive toss, aMoC, what are those? Just another button to press when off CD. They add nothing. There are nothing to consider. Its a no brainer.There are no new utilities, just more buttons and less skill.In my opinion, they should go pretty much back to Cata or add some real utilities to the new talents. I’d rather have a real Sniper Shot, a channeling shot, that gave me a nice burst damage, then a whole bunch o pets that pollutes the tank spot and do nothing special for me.

Blizzard please do something before it is to late
    Last edited by Desperados; 2013-02-17 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    Lets go back further. Back in vanillia i could fear people for 30seconds in 1 cast, and i could spam it cus no diminishing returns. So by that logic warlock was better before MoP too for PvP.

its as you say
    i was very exited with all the new talents and mechanics
    everything changes, boss's react differently, raids are built differently. You cannot expect to be the badass you were, when everything is new and things are constantly being tuned, you never know what the next patch will bring, maybe they will buff hunters maybe they wont. You either have to deal with it or roll to FOTM.

Deleted
    I loved hunters in Vanilla when you, if you had some decent raiding gear, kill people before they know what hit them as a Night elf hunter from Shadowmeld with Aimed shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Desperados View Post
    Hi Blizzard hope you read this (this is about PVE )

To tell you the truth,When i started MoP i was very exited with all the new talents and mechanics, but now a couple of month later and with some raiding time past, I have to say: IMHO its going to a very wrong direction.At the end of Cata, I had the feeling that hunter were a well oiled machine and I am not talking just about DPS, I am talking about the whole mechanic of the hunter playing .

At this time I was playing SV for Raid. I was happy. Now we have too much abilities that does no add much to the story. Playing a Hunter got more complicated but not more complex.

Our dps ( SV ) is “spread waaaay too thin” (in PvE), mostly due to the nerfs needed for PvP, which is such a shame.

The new abilities add nothing to the play. I kind of like the focus talent tier, but really, glaive toss, aMoC, what are those? Just another button to press when off CD. They add nothing. There are nothing to consider. Its a no brainer.There are no new utilities, just more buttons and less skill.In my opinion, they should go pretty much back to Cata or add some real utilities to the new talents. I’d rather have a real Sniper Shot, a channeling shot, that gave me a nice burst damage, then a whole bunch o pets that pollutes the tank spot and do nothing special for me.

Blizzard please do something before it is to late
    I agree man, it sucks seeing warlocks get all these cool new unique class toys and rogues getting mentioned for it too. hunters? lol

My Hunter was my main in Cata but as soon as MoP came out and I saw the changes I made my Lock my main. The problem is the amount of short cooldowns and the poor burst, so many abilities with under 10 second cooldowns that it becomes really hard. Hunters burst is really bad, lots of short sharp shots and nothing that really hits hard in one big shot (like chaos bolt, arcane blast etc) AOE seems too high and single target too low, some of the talents like aMoC and dire beast should just be procs rather than 'use' abilities
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Last time I checked BM burst was pretty dam good.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Last time I checked BM burst was pretty dam good.
    With burst as a BM using all my CD's, I top at around 190k DPS. That's with 4-set. BM burst last for a long time and has a short CD aswell.

"glaive toss ... less skill"

What makes Glaive Toss an easy talent? Does it not require a little skill and brain to cast this on a boss fight and making sure it hits as many adds on the way as it can?

I've seen a lot of "Too many buttons"-threads, sure the first 4 sec is a battle against the keyboard for getting as much as you can out, but after that it flows nice and easy. CD's line up with eachother if used correctly, making sure that you're able to keep up with the DPS. Opening for Survival is even easier and less stressed.

"I’d rather have a real Sniper Shot, a channeling shot"

How do you want to make it channeling? A Sniper Shot in my book is one shot where the sniper uses his time to pin point the shot perfectly onto the enemy for maximum damage. But is that not what Aimed Shot is? Or do you want a more extreme shot that packs a punch?

Also, I really, really, really like Stampede. One of the coolest abilities Hunters have got for a long time imo. The argument that it "polutes" the tank spot makes no sense to me, as pets will always attack from the rear, and the tank will always stand in front of the boss.

"There are no new utilities"

What new utilities do you want? We already have so much utility, my action bar is overflowing with it more or less.

"...what are those? Just another button to press when off CD. They add nothing. There are nothing to consider. Its a no brainer."

You will ALWAYS have "no-brainer" talents, there will always be one talent which is better singletarget than the other two. Although I have found myself picking Blink Strike on more than one occation, i used it on Tsulong HC to deal with adds faster. I don't understand what you want them to do? To me they are neat abilities, I love AMoC, it looks cool and requires one to plan it through sometimes during a certain fight, so you can figure out how many AMoC's you can throw at the enemy + if reducing cd by 1min. can be achieved.

I enjoy MoP more than Cata, since we actually have 2 specs which are raid-viable now.

Deleted
    the OP has to be trolling.

Glaive Toss is a skill talent, such a positioning yourself so it hits all targets. Utility lol, if anything we bring a ton of utility to raids. Take WoE hc, I controlled rages with a DK.... Hello binding shot. I'm also using barrage more now due to how it scales with weapon dmg ( just got hc lei shi gun), barrage is awesome in aoe situations. We bring any raid buffs via pets. It's no wonder when mana flask had an interview with most classes brought to raids, hunters were top with boomers. Hunters are a very versatile class right now and only need a tiny buff to their damage - mainly Surv St, BM aoe and mm needs fixing. That doesn't however mean we are not useful in raids - we're about one of the most useful classes out there - perhaps you should play around with talents and find out for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd argue hunter was better before Cataclysm, since one was my main, but who'd listen.. it's not like these are the official forums.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    With burst as a BM using all my CD's, I top at around 190k DPS. That's with 4-set. BM burst last for a long time and has a short CD aswell.
    In Survival at 498 ilvl, I can burst off the gate with about 270k dps (I avg burst around 240k though), roughly the same with BM because I'm not very adapt to playing it.

And the funniest thing about Aimed Shot is that it can miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    In Survival at 498 ilvl, I can burst off the gate with about 270k dps (I avg burst around 240k though), roughly the same with BM because I'm not very adapt to playing it.

I don't think aimed shot can miss if you are hit/exp capped or has something changed?

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

MoP = lolbm

When ArP was stil in the game mm hunter was my favorite spec. Now its all a joke just like this childishly done xpac.

BTW not saying some of their community people don't read this but if you are serious and passionate enough to try an get blizzard to read your message then a fansite isnt the best way to do it OP.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    first thing i reacted on was..
    blizzard dosent read Mmo-champion forums.. so why are u adressing it too blizzard?

SV burst is not half as higher or 1/4 as long as BM burst dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I don't think aimed shot can miss if you are hit/exp capped or has something changed?
    Without hitting caps. Just from the name it seems something like "Aimed Shot" would be a 100% hit no matter what.

Without hitting caps. Just from the name it seems something like "Aimed Shot" would be a 100% hit no matter what.
    It would make sense tbh.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    SV in Cata, was the "thinking man's" hunter spec. Its just shit now....
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

I liked SV and even BM more in Cata, now they feel cluttered. I do like MM a bit more in MoP because of the steady focus qol buff.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    SV in Cata, was the "thinking man's" hunter spec. Its just shit now....
    As much as I adored Survival in Cata, it really was not. Just by listening for the sound of LnL, I could very literally play Survival with my eyes closed.

While I really didn't like it at first on the other hand, I've grown to truly enjoy the clusterfuck that is BM cooldown management in MoP.