Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylphen View Post
    I really liked the darker tone of the scenery. There were definitely bits and pieces of the Imperial style in the detention facility and the clones' outfits, especially compared to the prison Obi infiltrated in season 4. I thought Barriss Offee was the 'pacifist jedi' behind the terrorist attack, but after seeing the way Ahsoka got framed, it seems a little out of her league. Overall, quite excited to see how it all turns out.
    Looking at the trailer, I'm sure it's Asajj behind this. But I wonder what her motives are.

Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    Looking at the trailer, I'm sure it's Asajj behind this. But I wonder what her motives are.
    Maybe it's even Palpatine himself, but I'm only basing that of the fact that both of them are dual wielding, could be ventress but would be a bit odd for her to just pop out of nowhere and start framing Asohka, not her style.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Yeah, the female figure with the red lightsabers is probably Ventress. But why would she suddenly decide to attack the Jedi? She bailed out Obi not long ago. I hope it isn't her, she's one of my favourite characters and I would hate to see her go all emo again. Although someone used the Force to choke that woman in the cell, so it isn't looking good ^^ Maybe it was just another job as a bounty hunter, and there's someone else pulling the strings /cross-fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Maybe it's even Palpatine himself, but I'm only basing that of the fact that both of them are dual wielding, could be ventress but would be a bit odd for her to just pop out of nowhere and start framing Asohka, not her style.
    Palpatine doesn't strike me as one to get his own hands dirty with such a trivial matter.

Yeah, the female figure with the red lightsabers is probably Ventress. But why would she suddenly decide to attack the Jedi? She bailed out Obi not long ago. I hope it isn't her, she's one of my favourite characters and I would hate to see her go all emo again. Although someone used the Force to choke that woman in the cell, so it isn't looking good ^^ Maybe it was just another job as a bounty hunter, and there's someone else pulling the strings /cross-fingers.
    Indeed. But perhaps they need to make her relevant again? I'm sure they can come up with sufficient reasoning.. maybe just a revenge plot against Ahsoka.
    And there was also those lightsaber strikes on those dead clones. Hmm. Perhaps it could even be Maul? Palpatine did say he wanted to keep him alive for now. And Palpatine would be able to get Maul into the facility without being noticed and such.
    Plus, I doubt Barriss has any involvement in this. Maybe just as a side character to act as one person on Ahsoka's side during all of this. Doesn't she die on Felucia as still a member of the Jedi during Order 66?

Deleted
    Indeed. But perhaps they need to make her relevant again? I'm sure they can come up with sufficient reasoning.. maybe just a revenge plot against Ahsoka.
    And there was also those lightsaber strikes on those dead clones. Hmm. Perhaps it could even be Maul? Palpatine did say he wanted to keep him alive for now. And Palpatine would be able to get Maul into the facility without being noticed and such.
    Plus, I doubt Barriss has any involvement in this. Maybe just as a side character to act as one person on Ahsoka's side during all of this. Doesn't she die on Felucia as still a member of the Jedi during Order 66?
    Actually that sounds like a pretty good theory. I could see Palpatine or even Admiral Tarkin getting Maul to do all the dirty work. o/\o
    Yeah, she does. But I thought, eh, minor character we haven't seen in a while, it must be her. But there's probably some reason to bring her up. Maybe she will help Ahsoka, like you suggest.

Deleted
    Thanks to this thread I have marathon-ed the whole cgi clone wars series now, dropped it after have watched the first season about 70%ish when it aired but I'm glad that I gave it a second chance! loved season 3-5 with some exception and liked season 2 to pretty much ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mear View Post
    Thanks to this thread I have marathon-ed the whole cgi clone wars series now, dropped it after have watched the first season about 70%ish when it aired but I'm glad that I gave it a second chance! loved season 3-5 with some exception and liked season 2 to pretty much ^^
    Yeah it really turned around after the first 1st season which was kinda a mess.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I see so much hate over this show, but I love it. I LOVE to see a deeper focus on some of the other characters (Grievous/ventress/other jedi) that get passed over in the movies. So many good episodes, so many good characters and it looks and SOUNDS amazing (I can't watch without cranking my bass up!)

I do dislike the random fillers when the action gets going, but overall, I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2013-02-22 at 11:55 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Oh my god that episode was A-MA-ZING. I was so certain it was either Palpatine or Ventress setting Ahsoka up, It's obviously not Ventress and the rogue Jedi doesn't fight like Palpatine at all nor does it make sense why he'd put so much effort in setting Ahsoka up.

Really can't wait for next week, these last 3 episodes have been the best of the entire series since Obi-wan, Anakin and Ahsoka's trip to Mortis.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Oh my god that episode was A-MA-ZING. I was so certain it was either Palpatine or Ventress setting Ahsoka up, It's obviously not Ventress and the rogue Jedi doesn't fight like Palpatine at all nor does it make sense why he'd put so much effort in setting Ahsoka up.

Really can't wait for next week, these last 3 episodes have been the best of the entire series since Obi-wan, Anakin and Ahsoka's trip to Mortis.
    Asajj was after the money as I initially imagined. And Barriss looks like the primary suspect. I still don't know how she can be redeemed to be a member of the Jedi when Order 66 is executed though.

It was nice to see a bit of Level 1313. Now if only they would release more info about the video game :3

And Barriss looks like the primary suspect. I still don't know how she can be redeemed to be a member of the Jedi when Order 66 is executed though.
    Exactly why I'm really confused. They're basically making it obvious that it's Barriss. But it can't be, judging by what is to happen to her when Order 66 is executed.

And it's evidently a female, so it can't be Maul or Palpatine.

Is there any other female jedi with wavering alignment that could be behind this? I'm honestly stumped.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would think awesome is just the best way to describe it. Only one episode to go this season.

So it's not Asajj for obvious reasons, it's probably not Barriss even thou at the moment if we didn't know better she would be at the top of the suspect list. It's a very slender female character. Could they simply be introducing a new 'evil' jedi/sith character for the next season?

I am literally dying to see next week's episode now.

Also, those armoured jedi with the double-ended yellow lightsabers from the preview look so cool. Jedi jailors/enforcers or something?

Deleted
    there any other female jedi with wavering alignment that could be behind this? I'm honestly stumped.
    Beats me. A female jedi with that particular body type? -- I don't think there are many alternatives. Besides, the show is supposed to be accessible to a younger demographic, so I doubt it's going to be someone we haven't seen yet. And to be honest, it felt a little unnecessary and even contrived to keep her identity still a secret (I mean, how convenient that Asajj happened to be wearing a new helmet/mask combo). I can't really believe that Ahsoka wouldn't have figured it out by now or that she'll face a trial with little more than "But I didn't do it!" as her defence.

/Shrug. Other than that, I really enjoyed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly why I'm really confused. They're basically making it obvious that it's Barriss. But it can't be, judging by what is to happen to her when Order 66 is executed.

And it's evidently a female, so it can't be Maul or Palpatine.

Is there any other female jedi with wavering alignment that could be behind this? I'm honestly stumped.
    I doubt it's Barriss Offee. She's about the same height as Ahsoka. Ahsoka could not mistake her for Ventress, even in disguise. Assaj is much taller than Ahsoka.

In the last episode, I thought Maul could be the one killing the terrorist. He could have been disguised as one of the clone jailors. Remember Palpatine said he had some other use for Maul. But now...

It sure looks like Barriss is compromised in this though, even if she's not the one attacking Ahsoka
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Damn you writers of this show stop shitting on this character.
    To be fair, the first clip takes place before Mace Windu basically crushed his heart with the force. Hence, why he can't do flips and shit with lightsabers anymore.

My brother and father are a big fan of this show and I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan. Early on, the show put me off because there weren't any real story arcs (beyond 3 episodes or so); everything that happened in the episode seemed to have been resolved by the end of the episode. From the looks of it here, it sounds a lot better now. Anywhere to watch these en masse?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it was Barriss Offee afterall. And Ahsoka is leaving the Jedi Order, generating conflicting emotions in Anakin towards the Council and getting him nearer to the Dark Side. This story arc also explains why Palpatine was able to dismantle the Jedi so easily. This show gets darker and darker as it gets nearer to the events of Episode 3. I like that they did not kill Ahsoka. We still may see her in season 6. I wonder what will happen with Barriss, since technically she IS alive and well (albeit not for long) and in the Jedi Order in Episode 3.
    Last edited by Frontenac; 2013-03-02 at 02:11 AM.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    She's in episode 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    She's in episode 3?
    Yeah, and it's been part of canon that she dies when Order 66 is executed.

I haven't seen today's episode yet, but I'll be sure to comment later on when I do.

Deleted
    That doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2013-03-02 at 07:00 PM.