Deleted
    I'm playing jungle and I'm currently comfortable with my performance on Kha'zix and Nocturne. The think is, I would like a tankier champion that would be able to initiate in fights but not be just a second support at end game. Amumu, Malphite is banned in my elo and I was narrowing my choices to either Jarvan IV or Vi. What would you suggest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    I'm playing jungle and I'm currently comfortable with my performance on Kha'zix and Nocturne. The think is, I would like a tankier champion that would be able to initiate in fights but not be just a second support at end game. Amumu, Malphite is banned in my elo and I was narrowing my choices to either Jarvan IV or Vi. What would you suggest?
    If you want a more support-ish jungler that can take a bit of damage, Jarvan IV would be the better choice. Do note that he does need to build damage/tankiness to perform either of the two, as he's not one of champions that can do damage without tank items.

Vi is more an assassin-ish jungler that can be built to tankiness. She's good if you want more of a damage-oriented jungler.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    If you want a more support-ish jungler that can take a bit of damage, Jarvan IV would be the better choice. Do note that he does need to build damage/tankiness to perform either of the two, as he's not one of champions that can do damage without tank items.

Vi is more an assassin-ish jungler that can be built to tankiness. She's good if you want more of a damage-oriented jungler.
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    For a tanky initiator jungler in general, what would you suggest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Jarvan IV and Xin Zhao are good initiator junglers. Do note that Xin will be toned down a bit in the upcoming patch due to him being a bit too strong with S3 itemization. Maokai is also an initiator jungler, but he's more about his CC and support instead of doing damage.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Jarvan IV and Xin Zhao are good initiator junglers. Do note that Xin will be toned down a bit in the upcoming patch due to him being a bit too strong with S3 itemization. Maokai is also an initiator jungler, but he's more about his CC and support instead of doing damage.
    Xin Zhao and Maokai were a little bit lower on my list, so I think I have a good lead.
    You are the best!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyman View Post
    Trying to finish up buying all the supports and I plan on getting Lulu and Zyra, but can't decide which one to get first.

I play a lot of solo que, and I feel like Lulu is better if you have a team that knows what they are doing, while Zyra can be more of a "I'm carrying this game" kinda champ.
    Reasons why everyone should own Lulu:

1. She's a yordle (Teemo is the exception that proves the rule of yordle supremacy)
    2. Ult makes people big, and has a few other effects that nobody really cares about but are pretty neat
    3. U WAN CS???? FUK U HERE FAIRY
    4. Can be played in any lane without making people dodge in blind pick
    5. Glitterlance slow makes your lane opponents soil themselves and run for cover
    6. Homeguard boots + whimsy + ctrl4 = Sonic the Hedgehog Simulator 2013
    7. Spamming laugh is an effective way to bully your opponents out of lane and save your AD carry
    8. Has alternative skin options for those with exceptional taste (Wicked Lulu), sexual predators (Bittersweet Lulu) and rich people who love Riot (Dragon Trainer Lulu)
    9. Great for stealing kills from your carry with pix + glitterlance
    10. Carry will reward you with sexual favours if you don't* (win/win scenario)
    11. Can jungle - Phreak said so
    12. 6300 IP so you know she's good
    13. Used by pros, play her before she gets nerfed (again)
    14. Cute as hell, pure waifu
    15. Goes well with Ez for a free win

*anecdotal evidence only

I would love to know some opinions on Corki and Twitch as AD Carries
    (Played several games with Twitch, quite snowbally champ)

Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    I would love to know some opinions on Corki and Twitch as AD Carries
    (Played several games with Twitch, quite snowbally champ)
    Twitch is quite good, and I enjoy playing him. Corki isn't in the best place right now. He's suffered some nerfs and basically anything he can do, Ezreal can do better. That said, he's still fun to play, and can snowball quite hard with some early kills.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Twitch is the only AD carry atm who can trade with draven early on and his AoE damage is amazing if he can get his ult off perfectly but that is a big IF. He has no real escape besides his delayed stealth. His scaling isn't too bad (due to his AoE potential) but his single target damage doesn't scale that well into the late game compared to other ADs.

His AS steroid (Q) is delayed and his only escape tool at the same time. His E does scale with 1.5 AD if you get max stacks but that is quite hard to get and it doesn't offer any upfront burst.

I loved Corki but with his nerfs he doesn't offer much anymore. Ez offers better poke and an equal/better escape tool while being able to kite more efficiently (Q gives 10 stacks on Shiv and proccs Gauntlet as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post

1. She's a yordle (Teemo is the exception that proves the rule of yordle supremacy)
    2. Ult makes people big, and has a few other effects that nobody really cares about but are pretty neat
    5. Glitterlance slow makes your lane opponents soil themselves and run for cover
    7. Spamming laugh is an effective way to bully your opponents out of lane and save your AD carry
    8. Has alternative skin options for those with exceptional taste (Wicked Lulu), sexual predators (Bittersweet Lulu) and rich people who love Riot (Dragon Trainer Lulu)

*anecdotal evidence only
    Quoting this for truth! Although I'll pass on the sex with my ADC.

On another note, something shocking happened. I actually got to play mid as last pick!? I usually just play Jungle or Support, because those are often left, but yesterday I got to play mid. It took me 30 seconds to come up with something I could use effectively and I ended up playing with Syndra, which I rarely play.

My mid opponent was Vi and I have to say, she didn't stand a chance. I didn't get to kill her, sadly, so I got stuck with many assists versus low kills and I bet I didn't play perfectly, but except for her ult (which can be E'd just as hard), she was not scary in the least bit. Just bait her into Q, zone her with your Q, if she still proceeds, E her, W your orb, toss it in her face and Q whichever way you think she'll be going. If she's still there and it's up, R + Ignite.

I built her slightly different from the normal mid, since Vi is AD, but actually, I didnt get to really build up, because the game lasted 22 minutes and we actually got their Nexus. Poor guys.

Anyways, I had so much fun, that I bought her skin and want to play her more often.
    (disclaimer; this post is to promote Syndra play) :P
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-18 at 08:05 AM.

Deleted
    Jarvan. Further information not needed.
    I should buy Lulu...

Deleted

*anecdotal evidence only
    I'm kicking myself that I haven't tried her when she was f2p :S

I have 4800 IP and i want to get a new champion i don't know what 1 i should get i already got malzahar, swain, brand and j4 im thinking about cass or kennen or any other champ from that branch but im not sure if they are easy or hard to play

Deleted
    Not so much an initiator, but if you want some major beef who can get in there and start pushing people out of the way, try Cho'gath. Late game you can pretty much walk into the enemy team and pick a target. He's very tanky and very useful to any team, plus he can do quite a bit of damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Amumu, Cho'Gath, Hecarim, J4, Malphite, Maokai, Shen, Skarner, Udyr
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Personally Amumu is my jungler tank he's pretty blue buff dependant early game but his Uti is game changing in team fights and due to being a tank you tend to be ignored in team fights which is a mistake because with a few AP items he can deal a lot of damage to the whole enemy team

I'm looking for a mid champ, I own Anivia and Annie but don't like them much anyone have a good recommendation
    Yeah, I just came back from the spirit world, and I have an important message from a certain horse...it would like for you not to keep beating

who's a solid jungler that isn't banned much and isn't 6300 ip?

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goronfighter View Post
    I'm looking for a mid champ, I own Anivia and Annie but don't like them much anyone have a good recommendation
    Diana is a good mid champion if you like bursting people down and being very mobile.
    Ahri is a good mic champion if you like to offer ranged burst, some cc and want very nice ganks on your side lanes.
    Orianna is a great mid champion if there are other champions in your team that have area of effect ultimates (Wukong,Malphite,Amumu, you get the idea)
    Katarina is a steamrolling mid champion that can easily decimate entire teams if she's fed and gets her cooldowns reset from kills.
    Any of those 4 champions are decent to great picks for mid and are easy to carry with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðuracell View Post
    who's a solid jungler that isn't banned much and isn't 6300 ip?
    Jarvan is hardly banned, but he might get banned due to the recent LCS tournaments, he is a great jungler though and is 4800ip.
    Other good non-6300ip junglers are: Cho'gath (great tankyness even without items, 1350 ip), Dr.Mundo (Very tanky after level 6, does have negative sustain but once he gets his ultimate there's no stopping him, 1350 ip) and last but not least Olaf (Took a beating in the recent nerfs, but he's still the fastest clearer out of the junglers, 3150ip). I could probably name a few more, but it's quite late over here...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goronfighter View Post
    Depends on the playstyle you're looking for. Aside from the ones that Monado mentioned (which are all great) there are also AD champs like Jayce, Talon, Zed, Kha'zix which are all still playable mid and very strong; if you're looking for something easy to play there is Ryze who is pretty beast right now, only difference is that he's built differently from usually AP caster; if you're looking for something a bit more challenging there are Twisted Fate and Lux.

As I said, depends on what you're looking for.

EDIT: Oh and if you wanna be OP and win your lane always, then pick Kayle! Can't go wrong with Kayle.