10+ Year Old Account
    No PC? Jumps off this hype train early.. I don't own nor care to own a console I have always been quite non plus by halo, I get it's appeal but it's just not me. I have no qualms or quibbles about bungee going for console only it's one less over hyped game to get involved with.

From what I can see no pc version so not interested, if they make a pc version then count me in

Blizzungie

Run for your life.

I am a little baffled by the "no pc" version thing. I guess they haven't heard of counter strike or team fortress 2.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

All you people saying "No PC no thanks GG bad developers ohmagerd" Need to really chill out, So its not for pc? They will make plenty of money off it being a console game. Seeing as how nowadays most everybody owns some sort of console (Whether it be 360,PS3,Wii) This will clearly be for the next gen consoles because an mmo on the old console systems would not work whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    Hah, a MMO on a console is going to look like violated dirt. These stoneage console CPU's will blow up.
    You act like its hard to have good graphics on a console. Besides most gamers dont have high end systems. Devs dont care that you have a high end PC. They want to reach as many players as possible on a wide array of systems in the case of PC and in the case of console that problem is solved already since everyone has the same systems. Look at all that work that doesnt have to be done to reach a bigger playerbase.

Playstation and Xbox Gamers will eat this game up just like they do other shooters. If you wanna go pout in a corner cuz you cant get it on PC then fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    All you people saying "No PC no thanks GG bad developers ohmagerd" Need to really chill out, So its not for pc? They will make plenty of money off it being a console game. Seeing as how nowadays most everybody owns some sort of console (Whether it be 360,PS3,Wii) This will clearly be for the next gen consoles because an mmo on the old console systems would not work whatsoever.
    Yeah, they will probably make a decent amount. However, they are alienating an otherwise large potential playerbase by not offering it on PC. It doesn't interest me much at all, so I am likely to pass on it anyway, but I'd have more interest in it if I could play it on my PC. This really isn't a huge PC fanboy nerd rage moment, at least for me. It's more of a "Umm, what?" issue.

Not every PC owner owns a console, and not every console owner owns a gaming PC. I doubt many of the former would fork out money for a new console and this one game.

I don't think Bungie is a terrible developer by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think they are making a terrible mistake not releasing Destiny on PC. I'd add in the Wii U as well, but I don't think the hardware could hang.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuex View Post
    Bungie has confirmed what it's been working on since splitting with Microsoft after Halo: Reach: a console shooter for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3
    Darn, spent a lot money into this computer and the game isn't coming to it? I'm a almost broke college student that won't be able to afford one. ='/

First and foremost, I wonder how well this is going to do in terms of longevity simply because they are releasing the game only for consoles and at that, near the end of their life cycle, as both ps4 and Xbox 720 or whatever should be out by the end of this year. I understand that the game was in development long before the specs were even given out for the net gen consoles, but it's something to consider. Then again I think most console players enjoy the current systems and not everyone is going to dump the 400+ dollars on the new system to start over again right away. I also think 360 and ps3 players should be able to play with one another somehow, would certainly be cool at least. I own both consoles so it doesn't matter much to me.

As for the game itself, I think it could be fun, I'm a fan of Halo and I like their philosophies based on what I hear about this game. This is actually the first sci-fi MMO that holds any promise (to me). I'm excited to see more info, including actually gameplay. I would still prefer it to be on the PC, and I agree that there are far too many MMOs out there but I trust Bungie will make a good product, and perhaps a FPS MMO will be done right for once.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-02-18 at 05:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the vids for this, and thought it was amazing...until I saw 'MMO' and 'console' put into the same sentence. I'm sick and tired of EVERY FUCKING GAME getting turned into an MMO, and I'm getting really annoyed at the gaming companies who release console-exclusive games that could work (and probably sell well) perfectly fine on a damned PC, this being one of them.

Needless to say, just another awesome game I'll never play. While I do own a 360, PS3, and everything else prior, I'm not a huge console fan and probably won't be getting the next gen consoles any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    First and foremost, I wonder how well this is going to do in terms of longevity simply because they are releasing the game only for consoles and at that, near the end of their life cycle, as both ps4 and Xbox 720 or whatever should be out by the end of this year. I understand that the game was in development long before the specs were even given out for the net gen consoles, but it's something to consider. I also think 360 and ps3 players should be able to play with one another somehow, IMO it kind of takes away from it if you can't.

As for the game itself, I think it could be fun, I'm a fan of Halo and I like their philosophies based on what I hear about this game. This is actually the first sci-fi MMO that holds any promise (to me). I'm excited to see more info, including actually gameplay.
    I would imagine that this is going to be in the launch line-up (or close to it) of the next gen consoles. Especially if they are both out by x-mas this year. Activision is going to make a fortune in 2013 if they can get a new COD, and a new Destiny out for Xmas shopping on new consoles.

@ The person talking about fees -> The IGN article said there were no fees to play the game, so it sounds like B2P, although xbox live (and I would imagine PSN will soon) has a cost associated with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    -MMO?? Pls, it's Borderlands gameplay.
    -Bungie making a new game that's completely new and different, yet looks exactly like Halo Reach? Pls.
    -Bragging too much about Halo, move on Bungie, it happened, it's done, it's all about this new game now. Hopefully it's worth it.
    +The Art work is fantastic and I'll be in line to buy this at midnight on launch day on whatever console it'll actually be on, don't care if it's not on PC, it's looks like a great game with a nice story (if done to death) and a very detailed setting. I'm very intrigued by it, like a 5 minute teaser trailer this was.
    +Things that will happen that are not even planned, that should be interesting.
    -/+ Give me some customization. More than just armor, let me be a character I created from face/body. Also more playstyles than just a gun would be awesome. Make this a different Fps.
    I'll hop aboard the Hype train, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    -MMO?? Pls, it's Borderlands gameplay.
    -Bungie making a new game that's completely new and different, yet looks exactly like Halo Reach? Pls.
    -Bragging too much about Halo, move on Bungie, it happened, it's done, it's all about this new game now. Hopefully it's worth it.
    +The Art work is fantastic and I'll be in line to buy this at midnight on launch day on whatever console it'll actually be on, don't care if it's not on PC, it's looks like a great game with a nice story (if done to death) and a very detailed setting. I'm very intrigued by it, like a 5 minute teaser trailer this was.
    +Things that will happen that are not even planned, that should be interesting.
    -/+ Give me some customization. More than just armor, let me be a character I created from face/body. Also more playstyles than just a gun would be awesome. Make this a different Fps.
    I'll hop aboard the Hype train, why not.
    One of the characters is a 'warlock guardian', I can only imagine they will have spells like certain Borderlands characters.

Ship customization would be cool, as would a color customization, not just what the armor looks like, but how it is colored, kind of like GW2's dye system?

looks fucking amazing. That is all. Really excited to see what bungie comes out with. Love the company!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks amazing, still wont buy a console

Oh my, I shall eagerly wait for this one. Hope that the finished product is excellent.

I'm wondering how the online only thing will work. PS3 players would have an obvious advantage with free online play while its very likely that xbox players will be forced to have a live gold membership.

They'd also be alienating a large portion of gamers by having the game be online only. Despite how many people are on live and/or have online connections for their consoles, a hefty amount don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

May be good. May also be as shit as dust 514 is.

Sounds like their attempt at Dust 514... Really hope they do something original and not just completely rehash halo crap or rip off other games.

Edit:

@Spikey, if you think 514 is crap, you obviously don't play eve, nor dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'm wondering how the online only thing will work. PS3 players would have an obvious advantage with free online play while its very likely that xbox players will be forced to have a live gold membership.

They'd also be alienating a large portion of gamers by having the game be online only. Despite how many people are on live and/or have online connections for their consoles, a hefty amount don't.
    The IGN article had a quote from Bungie that 'there is no main menu in the game. When you boot it up you are in game.'. So if you want to go off and do stuff by yourself or if you want to be part of a larger group of people doing something, it sounds like the online only is the only way this game will 'work'. I'm not personally aware of anyone who plays FPS's on the 360 that doesn't have Gold, but w/e.

I, too, am baffled by the decision to exclude PC-Only gamers, but I'll just wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really hope this game isn't online only. I don't know why more MMOs cant go the route that Phantasy Star Online/Universe did in regards to single player/local co-op and the online modes. I know the main problem with them was your character was saved on your system so you could tweak them to be overpowered in the online mode, but just use the Diablo 2 approach of having separate characters for each mode and the ability to play single player with your online character but requiring an internet connection to do so, and I will be sold on this game.