I have a hard time deciding if Pippen is top 50. He is obviously a skilled defender and I think the bulls only won the championship against Magic's lakers because Scotty could match up so well against Magic. The year Jordan retired the bulls lost in a 7 game series against the knicks because of a bogus call. If that call hadn't happened Pippen might have taken a Jordan-less Bulls team to the eastern conference finals. That's saying a lot I think for someone who was always second fiddle. Don't know if that makes him top 50 but hes close.

Pippen is definitely a top 50 player. From 91-98 (championship years) he was putting up 20 PPG with 7 assists and 6 rebounds on 47-48% shooting. Not quite LeBron numbers, but it's damn good, especially considering he was playing with the top scoring threat of all time for all of those years except one (when MJ went to baseball). The only case you can make against Pippen is that once he left the Bulls he was never the same player. I don't think that's necessarily his fault, though, because in 93-94 when MJ was busy in batting practice he led the team to 50+ wins and had career highs or almost career highs in every statistical category. To me, that proves he was a good player without Jordan, even if his years in Portland don't reflect that same level of talent.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well when Jordan decided to leave B-Ball to play baseball Pippen still lead the Bulls to the Eastern Finals he was a great secondary player I don't think he is as good as Mchale as a second or Stockton as a second but still great never the less. As time goes on Pippen will drop out of the top 50 but for now the argument is still there. No matter the coach or players around you it doesn't diminish the fact that Bird had better stats then Jordan in head to head games and even more amazing is in the 86-87 year where stat wise Jordan had his best year. Jordan scored 3041 points that year which was the most in his career he also had his most FT attempts and FT mades that year and Bird still owned him.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-02-17 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top 50 NBA players, yeah, but not athletes in general, which is what I usually see lists of.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Well when Jordan decided to leave B-Ball to play baseball Pippen still lead the Bulls to the Eastern Finals he was a great secondary player I don't think he is as good as Mchale as a second or Stockton as a second but still great never the less. As time goes on Pippen will drop out of the top 50 but for now the argument is still there. No matter the coach or players around you it doesn't diminish the fact that Bird had better stats then Jordan in head to head games and even more amazing is in the 86-87 year where stat wise Jordan had his best year. Jordan scored 3041 points that year which was the most in his career he also had his most FT attempts and FT mades that year and Bird still owned him.
    It's amazing that, given this is a star-driven league, Malone and Stockton never won a ring. Yeah, they had to play against MJ, but still.

Rings aren't all there are Pend! Sure it's what everyone strives for but when there are super teams going on how can you expect everyone good to get a ring unless they join one of these super teams.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 04:48 PM ----------

Oh FYI that Charles Barkley documentary last night was pretty cool.

Btw here are my new contender lists: Heat. Maybe Denver. Lakers IF they make it and if Dwight Howard plays dominantly.

I wish one of my home teams would win a fucking championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Yankees??

I've seen every Chicago team I remotely care up about win a championship in my lifetime except the Bears T_T
    Easily my favorite along with the Bulls (I hate the Cubs they can lose for all eternity)

Rings aren't all there are Pend! Sure it's what everyone strives for but when there are super teams going on how can you expect everyone good to get a ring unless they join one of these super teams.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 04:48 PM ----------

Oh FYI that Charles Barkley documentary last night was pretty cool.

Btw here are my new contender lists: Heat. Maybe Denver. Lakers IF they make it and if Dwight Howard plays dominantly.

No chance for Denver, too inconsistent and they really do need a superstar type of player to contend. At most they'll make the 2nd round of the playoffs (this is coming from a Denver fan of 20 years).

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I've seen every Chicago team I remotely care up about win a championship in my lifetime except the Bears T_T
    Easily my favorite along with the Bulls (I hate the Cubs they can lose for all eternity)
    I've seen, uh, the Toronto Rock (Lacrosse) and Toronto Argos (CFL) win a championship... yea, I can't even say that with a straight face. I don't think I'll ever see the Raptors or Leafs win in my lifetime and I'm not even that old. Blue Jays might be our best chance.

Wow since we were on the topic of Jordan I found this very interesting...

"JORDAN PLAYS his new favorite trivia game, asking which current players could be nearly as successful in his era. "Our era," he says over and over again, calling modern players soft, coddled and ill-prepared for the highest level of the game. This is personal to him, since he'll be compared to this generation, and since he has to build a franchise with this generation's players."

"I'll give you a hint," he says. "I can only come up with four."

He lists them: LeBron, Kobe, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki.

Not Kevin Durant. Not Kevin Garnett. Not Steve Nash. Not a lot of others.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also take this next part as you will.

"When someone on TV compares LeBron to Oscar Robertson, Jordan fumes. He rolls his eyes, stretches his neck, frustrated. "It's absolutely … " he says, catching himself. "The point is, no one is critiquing the personnel that he's playing against. Their knowledge of how to play the game … that's not a fair comparison. That's not right … Could LeBron be successful in our era? Yes. Would he be as successful? No."

Source if you're interested in all of it: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page...-left-building
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-02-17 at 11:28 PM.

Sounds like a bitter old man who's pissed that he's not playing anymore. Just another case of an old guy not respecting the young guys because we do things differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Wow since we were on the topic of Jordan I found this very interesting...

"JORDAN PLAYS his new favorite trivia game, asking which current players could be nearly as successful in his era. "Our era," he says over and over again, calling modern players soft, coddled and ill-prepared for the highest level of the game. This is personal to him, since he'll be compared to this generation, and since he has to build a franchise with this generation's players."

"I'll give you a hint," he says. "I can only come up with four."

He lists them: LeBron, Kobe, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki.

Not Kevin Durant. Not Kevin Garnett. Not Steve Nash. Not a lot of others.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also take this next part as you will.

"When someone on TV compares LeBron to Oscar Robertson, Jordan fumes. He rolls his eyes, stretches his neck, frustrated. "It's absolutely … " he says, catching himself. "The point is, no one is critiquing the personnel that he's playing against. Their knowledge of how to play the game … that's not a fair comparison. That's not right … Could LeBron be successful in our era? Yes. Would he be as successful? No."

Source if you're interested in all of it: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page...-left-building
    I think there's a distinct contrast between what he thinks and the reality of the situation. It's almost cruel because I think he can rationally acknowledge it but his ego refuses to let him. He says players are soft and coddled in this era but won't admit he got a ton of superstar calls. His knowledge of the game is still very evident when he's trying to pick apart LeBron's game and the game as a whole but as a player evaluator, he's been awful. He's still insanely competitive, a trait we admired in him, but outside the context of basketball, he has no idea how to channel his energies. He comes across as angry and bitter and I think he ends up taking this vitriol out on the current era of players.

As I said before, if he was born ten years earlier, he'd have a much different story to tell.
    Last edited by jreg; 2013-02-18 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Sounds like a bitter old man who's pissed that he's not playing anymore. Just another case of an old guy not respecting the young guys because we do things differently.
    Pretty much this. To say Lebron couldn't have played in his generation as good as he is now is crazy Michael Jordan was what like 6'6 230 or so Lebron is like 6'9 275 he's faster,stronger,bigger,more athletic and more diverse as a player then Jordan was.Jordan had more of a will to win that's not even questionable. I mean come on Muggsy Bogues and Spud Webb was considered good players in his generation I think Durant,Nash,CP3,Rose,and other stars now could have been just as good as they are now.

Kesha is singing :O. It's okay, she's not really lip syncing like that fucking Ellie Goulding bitch who didn't even have a good song.

I STILL WANTED WILL.I.AM AND BRITNEY SPEARS@@@

Uhm. Yeah Jib Yankees win but baseball is so boring to watch! Giants are okay too.

EDIT: OMG P DIDDY SHOWED UP.

Edit: Oh he's not singing. They said NeYo and Alicia Keys are coming tonight. Gay.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 07:43 PM ----------

Just saw a picture. Charles Barkley's Mom is like..................................../////////////////////////////////////////////

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 08:22 PM ----------

Of course they make Neyo sing Lets Go, which I hate. And lol at how hyped up his introduction is.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 08:24 PM ----------

This sucks. The microphones on ALL these performances has been shitty that you can't even hear the people.

Kesha was best.

$10 says they make Alicia Keys sing Girl On Fire. Just to fucking spite me.

ahahah MJ is great but I can't trust his judgements of players skills anymore after the bobcats had the worst record in the history of the NBA.

OMFG would someone please run up there and tackle Usher so he gets the fuck off the stage. I want to watch basketball not a R&B concert. I wish they would have that stuff for the live people in the crowd and let the TV audience watch something else.

Heck if they prerecorded the All-Stars playing Pictionary with each other that would be more entertaining. Walking dead is on in 20 minutes at least.

What the fuck are they singing Oh Canada for. Me between fucking Neyo 3 times and this flag bullshit and all the national anthems its been 40 mins of doing nothing. My TV said this started at 8!

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 08:48 PM ----------

Why are they still shooting around?

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 09:02 PM ----------

Woah lol.

Wtf Pop put in Parker and Duncan early. FAVORITISM.

And Erik Spolstra put on Lebron Dwayne and Bosh from the start? HERESY. (Jk vote or die mother ****ers)

Probably a Canadian involved some where.

Also, the music for these kind of things is always so fucking bad. Why even bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck are they singing Oh Canada for. Me between fucking Neyo 3 times and this flag bullshit and all the national anthems its been 40 mins of doing nothing. My TV said this started at 8!

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 08:48 PM ----------

Why are they still shooting around?

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 09:02 PM ----------

Woah lol.

Wtf Pop put in Parker and Duncan early. FAVORITISM.

And Erik Spolstra put on Lebron Dwayne and Bosh from the start? HERESY. (Jk vote or die mother ****ers)
    Even thou Pop put them in there early he's not going to give them to many mins at least not Duncan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today I learned Alicia Keys is a terrible singer.

Kevin Hart is more annoying than anything. I like how they gave him the MVP of the celebrity game, despite being terrible.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-02-18 at 03:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Today I learned Alicia Keys is a terrible singer.

Kevin Hart is more annoying than anything. I like how they gave him the MVP of the celebrity game, despite being terrible.
    Yeah I think SVP's boy Ryan Russillo should have won the MVP of the celebrity game.

Edit Post: I thought Noah was a PF 6'11 225 is kinda small to be a Center I mean KG has like 30 pounds on him and looks like he is about 1/2 taller. If he is a PF that seems right but they have him listed as a Center on the box score of the game.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-02-18 at 04:06 AM.