Thread: Where is Zul?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zul not showing up in ToT is a good sign that this won't be like last troll patch. TROLLS BE TROLLIN' MON!

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    Are you the keymaster??
    No I am the Gatekeeper.

Also to add I did say the zul line backwards due to the title of this topic.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    It's an interesting point tbh, since we know he and other Zandalari evacuated when Zandalar apparently was sunk into the ocean.
    Hopefully we get to encounter him one day, and who is the leader of the Zandalari now anyway with Rastakhan presumably drowned. If it is Zul, one would think we got to see him with the 5.2 patch in one form.

I see wowpedia lists the Zanchuli council as secondary leaders, with Zul being the most respected member or this council. No sign of this council either so far.
    The Zanchuli council is where Rastakhan is. Rastakhan wasn't just the leader of the Zandalari but also the link to the gods. In fact the Zanchuli council were the leaders and Rastakhan was their god. When the cataclysm happened, Zandalar was broken in half right through the city and Rastakhan and the council were in the city. I'm pretty sure that he and the council are dead because he wouldn't allow Zul becoming so powerful as he is now with the aid of all other Troll tribes except the jungle trolls. Rastakhan always watched over all other tribes and made sure that no tribe would become too powerful.

As for Zul. We've seen him in the patch 4.1 cinematic where he asked the tribes to unite so that they can reestablish their old kingdom.

I'm pretty sure Rastakhan isn't dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought there was a lore reveal or a blue post that said Rastakhan wasn't dead yet. He led one group of Zandalari while Zul led the ones we are fighting.

I can't find it though so maybe I'm just crazy.

We know that's he's alive.

We're never going to see Zul or Rastakhan because then Blizzard wouldn't be able to use trolls as filler patches ever again

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy foresaw the Cataclysm, you didn't think he could foresee raiders killing the Thunder King and all the trolls in ToT? He's probably chilling in Costa Rica or something by now.

ZUUUUUL Motherlover zuuuuul

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post

This clears up some lore on this topic
    So from this we see that the King was alive after the land was destroyed. We see that Zul has taken ships and his people away-but where are they now? Why are they not by the thunder King's side?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Zul evacuated Zandalar with his followers before it was devastated by the Cataclysm. Whereabouts are unknown.

As I understand it, all of the trolls that have come to Pandaria are refugees from Zandalar's destruction and Rastakhan does not appear to be among them. Rastakhan presumably died with his kingdom.

Zandalar has been described as having sank beneath the waves. But it's not like there isn't precedent for islands being risen up from the sea...
    Knowing the Zandalarian history, it's more than likely that the Zandalar is still intact.

10+ Year Old Account
    last i checked

he was

ON A BOAT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Right here!

... oh wait, you said Zul, not Zuul.

Dunno then, might well have been one of those things blizzard does in getting us jazzed up about a piece of lore, and then makes the excuse 'oh well, won't happen, we killed them off screen'.

10+ Year Old Account
    dies in a book

next troll patch (if naga themed expac)

giltrolls! like gilgoblins, but more gilly!

(if legion themed)

Alien trolls! because *troll face*

final boss in both>

some guy with a troll face, because problem?

oh and his name will be Pro'blem
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-02-18 at 04:48 AM.

Rastakhan'd better be leading a group against Zul. If not I'll be sorely disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    So from this we see that the King was alive after the land was destroyed. We see that Zul has taken ships and his people away-but where are they now? Why are they not by the thunder King's side?
    They are on their way. The trolls up to and including 5.2 are from scout fleets.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    Knowing the Zandalarian history, it's more than likely that the Zandalar is still intact.
    In some places it's described as having sank or is in the process of sinking. Either way, it's possible we'll see it one day. Sunken-then-raised Zandalar would be pretty boss, with the loa and restless spirit of countless trolls turning it into a real nightmare zone, with lots of undead dinos.

Still not sure if the forces aiding are the ones who fled Zandalar when the Cataclysm struck, or Zul's who left before that happened.

Zul pledges himself and the Zandalari refugees to the mogu and the conquest of pandaria, however Zul is defeated by the one force that has always stood in the Zandalari's way, the darkspear.
    Vol'jin himself is there to end Zul. Along side Vol'jin stands a figure thought dead to Zul, Rastakhan. Rastakhan finally realizing that if the trolls are to be strong, they must stand with the strongest. Without Zul's prophesies filling Rastakhan's head he was able to finally see. The Darkspear have always been the strongest, it was the darkspear that stood against the troll tribes time and time again( with the aid of the Horde and yes the alliance).
    With the Revantusk tribe( Amani ), Shatterspear tribe ( Gurubashi Empire) along side the Darkspear, there goals are the same as the Zandalari only the opposite. The darkspear want to hold on to what is left of the trolls peacefully and not through war, thereby bringing all races upon them, leading to the trolls defeat and with that Rastakhan serves the darkspear now, along with those who followed him.

If blizz decides to make race skins with the new models this would allow the horde trolls to make an amani( Revantusk ), Gurubashi( Shatterspear) and Zandalari, along with the darkspear skin.
    Can only hope for something like this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post

This clears up some lore on this topic
    I'm happy that they're are adding more things to lorewalker Cho.
    P.S. it's interesting