10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... Anyone notice how much the guards talk about "all these Hammerfell mercenaries walking around" since Dragonborn?

Pretty sure the biggest comment I used to get was the curved swords one every now and then. Now I hear it at least once every time I go through Whiterun.

Looks like I might need to reroll my reroll. My steward claimed the kids beds so they completely refuse to go to Lakeview. In fact, it looks like both of them completely glitched so I can't even talk to them. Ugh...

Anyone know how to un-own beds, fire stewards, or un-adopt?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Wow... Anyone notice how much the guards talk about "all these Hammerfell mercenaries walking around" since Dragonborn?

Pretty sure the biggest comment I used to get was the curved swords one every now and then. Now I hear it at least once every time I go through Whiterun.

Looks like I might need to reroll my reroll. My steward claimed the kids beds so they completely refuse to go to Lakeview. In fact, it looks like both of them completely glitched so I can't even talk to them. Ugh...

Anyone know how to un-own beds, fire stewards, or un-adopt?
    Kill the steward, then use the console to resurrect him then use resetai (just resurrect wont work properly without that). You might also try going to console, selecting the steward and typing disable, then enable first.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Okay... Had to uninstall the Immersive Weapons mod. Love most of the weapons in there but a couple seriously hurt my eyes. Of course the Immersive Armors is still a must in my opinion. Think I'll try JaySuS Swords now. Might end up back with Crafting 300 again though. Was always impressed with how they separated the material from the design. Unfortunately they've run into some issues with redoing the armors so its going to be a while before they can include them I imagine.

Still looking for a good Skyforge mod. Its just never sat well with me how they share the steel designs. Still looking for a good shield mod too. Never been a fan of the steel shield.

Word of note for other rerollers, post-Dragonborn... Do not run into Miraak before you finish filling in the Dragon Shouts you want. Annoying as hell.

Figured I should mention, holy crap the aMidianBorn mods are impressive. Really great work.
    I haven't tried Immersive Armors yet, been experimenting with some others. Hunting Grounds armor set is really well done if you have a female toon, author did a great job.

Deleted
    Ran into another small problem:P Does anyone know a mod that adds a carriage or a boat near castle Volkihar? I'm playing with fast travel disabled so its a pain to leave the place and it takes too long to get near anywhere civilized. At least getting there isn't a problem any more. The new boats take you there for 500 gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you think the nords and red guards will be buddies? they seem similar

i could totally picture ulfric joining forces with the redguards. i mean, certainly he's smart enough to know that his forces alone will not be enough to take the entirety of the aldmeri dominion, which fought the whole empire and nearly matched it. they certainly have hatred for the empire in common, and a general distrust of elves.

from an imperial viewpoint, it would probably just be trying to regain hammerfell as an imperial ally, but i'm not too sure if anything could really be done to regain the redguard's allegiance.i mean, the empire tried to give a whole portion of hammerfell to the dominion. just imagine how pissed the nords would be if they tried to do that with skyrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i could totally picture ulfric joining forces with the redguards. i mean, certainly he's smart enough to know that his forces alone will not be enough to take the entirety of the aldmeri dominion, which fought the whole empire and nearly matched it. they certainly have hatred for the empire in common, and a general distrust of elves.

from an imperial viewpoint, it would probably just be trying to regain hammerfell as an imperial ally, but i'm not too sure if anything could really be done to regain the redguard's allegiance.i mean, the empire tried to give a whole portion of hammerfell to the dominion. just imagine how pissed the nords would be if they tried to do that with skyrim.
    look what happened when they banned talos worship!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    look what happened when they banned talos worship!
    well, banning talos worship wasn't that big of a deal until ulfric stirred up trouble in markarth. like alvor says if you talk to him everyone had their little talos shrines in their home, but then ulfric agitated enough and the emperor had to crack down. now, had they gave a portion of skyrim to the elves? every damn nord in skyrim would have raged. hard. ulfric's storm cloaks would have already taken skyrim by now had they tried that, because ALL of skyrim would be against the empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, banning talos worship wasn't that big of a deal until ulfric stirred up trouble in markarth. like alvor says if you talk to him everyone had their little talos shrines in their home, but then ulfric agitated enough and the emperor had to crack down. now, had they gave a portion of skyrim to the elves? every damn nord in skyrim would have raged. hard. ulfric's storm cloaks would have already taken skyrim by now had they tried that, because ALL of skyrim would be against the empire.
    why i hated the decision

imperials..... join ppl who wanted to kill u and screwed up royal with the elves

storm cloaks..... racist bastards with noble cause?

why i hated the decision

imperials..... join ppl who wanted to kill u and screwed up royal with the elves

storm cloaks..... racist bastards with noble cause?
    Except Ulfric is a liar. I don't much like Tullius nor the Empire but Ulfric is in it for himself and on one else. As is shown by speaking to him in Sovngarde after you kill him. The Stormcloak cause is just though.

I do regret siding with the Imperials on my last character though. It IS a Khajiit which means racially I should be aligned with the Aldmeri Dominion anyways. But as the Dragonborn, I have the power to single handedly oust the Dominion AND the Empire and unite Skyrim under one banner. And if Hammerfell can do it, you bet your ass Skyrim can too.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    See, I get these sense that the Empire is just waiting for the right moment to turn and kick the Aldmeri Dominion out of Tamriel. With the Nord problem solved they've regained their foothold in the north and allies to bolster their ranks again the Dominion. If that was taken from them it would go from Empire (humans) vs Aldmeri Dominion to Nords/Bretons/Redgaurds vs. Aldmeri Domion + Empire. I don't know if the three non-empire factions could survive that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    idk... doesn't seem like something a young and inexperienced yet intelligent vampire would do. certainly she would anticipate that there would be experienced veteran hunters there, that could probably spot her pretty quickly.
    Cleanse yourself, join the Dawnguard, get turned back into a vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    See, I get these sense that the Empire is just waiting for the right moment to turn and kick the Aldmeri Dominion out of Tamriel. With the Nord problem solved they've regained their foothold in the north and allies to bolster their ranks again the Dominion. If that was taken from them it would go from Empire (humans) vs Aldmeri Dominion to Nords/Bretons/Redgaurds vs. Aldmeri Domion + Empire. I don't know if the three non-empire factions could survive that fight.
    that's exactly what the empire is doing. all the imperial higher ups still hate the dominion fiercely, but they're just biding their time until the final war. they know it's coming, the problem is that other members of the empire were too short-sighted to see what's going on, or are just foolish or greedy enough to not care. hammerfell's reasons for leaving the empire was just, the empire went too far by trying to give away their land. but ulfric and his band were just foolish, and split skyrim in two with hatred and that has overall lowered man's chances of winning against the dominion.

there's another problem with a weakened empire that nobody seems to be taking into account, the akavir. akaviri warlords already tried to invade tamriel several times in the past, and it took everything we had to drive them out. now though, after the final war with the dominion, the massive losses from the rebellion, and the possibility that the empire has lost the aid of the redguards for good... tamriel just might fall to the akavir.

Deleted
    Am i right in thinking we won't know the outcome of the war until the next game?

I am thinking it will be 100 or so years in the future and we are trying to free our selves from the tyranny of aldmeri dominion/akaviri, you saw it here first!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is a good thing the empire has crumbled. Its time for the true sons of skyrim to wipe out the elves! with the help of some awesome bretons (belethor) and the red guards!

btw why do so many people hate belethor. hes the best npc imo

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 02:43 PM ----------

that's exactly what the empire is doing. all the imperial higher ups still hate the dominion fiercely, but they're just biding their time until the final war. they know it's coming, the problem is that other members of the empire were too short-sighted to see what's going on, or are just foolish or greedy enough to not care. hammerfell's reasons for leaving the empire was just, the empire went too far by trying to give away their land. but ulfric and his band were just foolish, and split skyrim in two with hatred and that has overall lowered man's chances of winning against the dominion.

there's another problem with a weakened empire that nobody seems to be taking into account, the akavir. akaviri warlords already tried to invade tamriel several times in the past, and it took everything we had to drive them out. now though, after the final war with the dominion, the massive losses from the rebellion, and the possibility that the empire has lost the aid of the redguards for good... tamriel just might fall to the akavir.
    the Nords are the life blood of the empire, the greatest fighters and many of its soldiers are Nords. So lets sell them out because of a foolish war and sign a contract that throws Nordish pride under the bus because we were dumb enough to have a war that we could have won easily, but didnt

yes genn, the war could have been won. but the empire would have been completely exhausted and weakened possibly beyond repair. if that were the happen, what would stop the akavir from steam rolling over everyone? had the empire continued the war with the dominion, it wouldn't have just been imperials that would have been taxed beyond recovery. it would have been the whole of the empire. that would have been nords too. the akavir are incredibly dangerous, and i'm certain that the emperor took that into consideration when he weighed the outcome of finishing things.

kicking the dominion all the way from cyrodiil, through valenwood, and then finishing them on summerset would have been and immense task, and one that it was smart to put off for a while. there's more than two sides to nirn, and you have to take that into consideration when you're fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    wel from my perspective, no more empire, time for federation!

Skyrim is free! ALL HAIL THE HIGH KING]

besides the empire has been weakening over time already its time for a new era!
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-02-18 at 03:50 PM.

ok, i think i have a problem. i wanted erik the slayer to be my steward, but i also wanted to give him a two-hand sword before asking him to be my steward. well, i went to my home where i had the weapon i wanted for him, which is the house i wanted him to be a steward for, and got the weapon. when i came back out, he walked up and asked if i would like for him to be my steward, well i said "i'll have to think about it" because you can't trade things with stewards. now he does not give the option to be my steward anymore. i've tried dismissing him, fast traveling, and waiting for days but he still doesn't have the option. am i fucked?

Deleted
    wel from my perspective, no more empire, time for federation!

Skyrim is free! ALL HAIL THE HIGH KING]

besides the empire has been weakening over time already its time for a new era!
    I don't think so. Bethesda loves ancient Rome. The empire is obviously very inspired by that (they have a major Rome based faction in their other big franchise, Fallout, as well). Besides, killing off the empire would leave the imperials an inferior human race compared to the others. They're kinda bad even now but without the voice of the emperor, they'd just be terrible.

No no, I'm pretty sure the dragonborn will fix the empire somehow. Either by just helping the old one win and picking a new emperor or becoming one or conquering the old empire and founding a new dragonborn empire like Talos.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I don't think so. Bethesda loves ancient Rome. The empire is obviously very inspired by that (they have a major Rome based faction in their other big franchise, Fallout, as well). Besides, killing off the empire would leave the imperials an inferior human race compared to the others. They're kinda bad even now but without the voice of the emperor, they'd just be terrible.

No no, I'm pretty sure the dragonborn will fix the empire somehow. Either by just helping the old one win and picking a new emperor or becoming one or conquering the old empire and founding a new dragonborn empire like Talos.
    Legion in Fallout wasn't made by Bethesda.
    Besides I think the empire would be better off if it was remade from ashes.