Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Actually, whenever I see a woman with high heels all I can think of is all the back problems she'll get after she's 40.
    I'd rather see a regular woman with no heels or small heels because I know she has less chances of having back problems. Unlike you, I like healthy women, not those who torture themselves because they look better now even though it will get them decades of pain.

What a hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

I always thought I hated make up but looking back at past encounters honestly I can see it has worked on me more times than not.
    I hate the idea of it, the mask of lies so she can fool me into thinking she looks better than what she really looks like.
    But sadly I am too weak to ressist properly done make up, I don't even think about the fact she's wearing make up, she's just a pretty lady.

High heels however are my bane.
    I am quite short for my country's standards so when a woman wears high heels she's taller than me, not exactly a turn on for either parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    What a hero.
    The opposite of Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    You mean "thinks like an immature person"? People wear make-up for a lot of reasons, but mainly to look attractive. Why? Because we, as a specie, don't really go for the "fucking ugly". Sure there are some piece of shit liars and hypocrites that say "true beauty is on the inside", but they are either beautiful people or ugly beyond hope. Yes, there are lot's of problems with the skin, and yes people are psychologically affected by them, so it help alleviate that.

Another reason, which is much more objective, is that without make-up ANYONE looks like a retarded shit on camera. Brad Pitt is not wearing makeup in the movies because he's fucking ugly, and same goes for everyone who's on TV or in any picture that's not made for "self use only".

Also, you might want to see some real make-up work, not the "look at me, I'm such a whore" make-up. The truth is that most people can't use those things properly, and it's not their fault, since one needs some artistic talent do to it properly.
    Lol, is all i have to say to you. I don't like make up, deal with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/NpNVGiL.jpg

My poor girl is showing her age :\
    Those undead females really need to start wearing bras with better support >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    My boyfriend, and hell- all of my friends have seen me without makeup just as often as they've seen me with makeup. I don't feel the need to wear makeup to run to the store and get milk, for example.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-02-18 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted
    Well I've been in a relationship with the same girl for 8 years now. I truely love her and that doesn't change because of sweatpants or hot water bottles. I often feel attracted to her when she doesn't wear makeup. But other times I just don't feel like sex so I keep playing WoW or working or what I'm doing at that particular time. However, once or twice a week she'll put on some nice lingerie and heels do her makeup and hair and what can I say... it does have an effect. I'll usually just drop anything I'm doing go: "OMG you're hot" and not be able to keep my hands off for the next hour or so.

I get to enjoy it, so does she... why wouldn't she put on make up?

Men by the way will do the same... We shave, get a nice haircut put on an expensive shirt and tadaa, she's like: "You look great today" and then she jumps all over me.

Why would we want to deprive ourselves of that? Should I say: "No you have to be attracted to me even if I'm unwashed unshaved and wearing my jumpsuit otherwise you are a shallow person." I seriously don't think that this is adequate sexy talk...

As with almost everything, overdoing makeup looks bad. Using makeup modestly to enhance naturally attractive features usually looks good.

I wear a small amount of brown mascara. I have naturally long eyelashes but unfortunately the tips are blonde, so the mascara enhances my lashes without looking clumpy or unnatural.

I also wear a small amount of light pink rouge. I have high cheekbones and the soft pink rouge enhances both my skintone and cheeks without looking unnatural.

Most people would never guess I'm wearing any makeup, which I think is the point of makeup. You shouldn't be distracted by bad makeup, rather a nice-looking face.

The bottom line for me is: I like how it looks, I have fun with it, and my fiance likes it. Anyone else's opinion about my appearance or makeup is irrelevant to me.
    Last edited by Chisato; 2013-02-18 at 03:39 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    Males species are visible creatures and they get turned on by the beauty of females species, their body, their face, and so on.
    I really don't think that explains the phenomenon. I'm gay and am very turned on by the male form, for example, but I also think that makeup looks stupid on guys. Also, the idea of kissing someone who has layers of makeup is just repulsive to me. I honestly have no idea how straight guys even do it, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    To me, when a women is wearing make up it means they are lying to you before they even speak.
    Eyelashes, complexion, lip color, the darkening around the eyes thing, nails, hell even heels to make you look taller or to make your butt look bigger..all fake.

People think they look good with cosmetics but they only think this because that's what society tells them is "beautiful".
    I tried researching about this, I read one article where a women went a year without make up but admits that she puts lipstick on during that year so no, she didn't really go a year without makeup.
    Did you ever thought of the possibility, that people try to please you with trying to look attractive? Would you rather live in a dull world full of quite boring people?

Another point is - cosmetics are a way to express one's personality. Someone who would like to be seen as mysterious uses black shaded eye make-up. The extreme of it are Emos and Gothics and similar subcultures.

Make-up has even religious connotations.

Don't be so negative in your perception!

Blaah, society and peer-pressure is to blame. Somehow, boosting confidence is more about the clothes and makeup instead of getting your ass to the gym and looking good in a more healthy way. Atleast this is ways ahead of the trend to put led on your face, so that you could look like a blowupdoll.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    To me, when a women is wearing make up it means they are lying to you before they even speak.
    Eyelashes, complexion, lip color, the darkening around the eyes thing, nails, hell even heels to make you look taller or to make your butt look bigger..all fake.

People think they look good with cosmetics but they only think this because that's what society tells them is "beautiful".
    I tried researching about this, I read one article where a women went a year without make up but admits that she puts lipstick on during that year so no, she didn't really go a year without makeup.

So I present these questions, male or female can answer.

1. You don't really look like that so why pretend?
    2. Is there any women out there who specifically "don't at all" wear makeup?
    3. Is this something that should have died out years ago?
    4. What do you think about why they/you do it?
    5. Would you be OK knowing I wore a wig if I were bald, had a pair of socks stuffed in my pants for obvious reasons, shoe-lifts to make me appear taller than I really do? (Hypothetical but serious questions, I can't picture a woman dating a man with any of these choices)
    Why? The cosmetics industry is why. They have worked VERY hard to make as much money as they do now. The majority of lifestyle magazines wouldn't be able to exist without the cosmetics industry. I saw a documentary on this not too long ago (unfortunately not in English).

From the cradle on a girl is raised seeing this as completely normal. Doing anything else is exception and possibly even frowned upon. From all sides, she'll be bombed by photoshopped beauties, plastic surgery'd stars, all instated by the cosmetic industry. How can she look in the mirror and feel happy about herself? So she tries to make up for it with cosmetic products.

That is why. All to make money.

To answer your questions:
    1. See above
    2. No. Even I wear make-up. I feel better if I do, and I feel as if people are staring if I don't.
    3. Yes
    4. See above
    5. In this day and age, yes.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-02-18 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelfette View Post
    Think downstairs on ladies. (No, not bloody.)
    Well... sometimes...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Well... sometimes...
    I really hope that's not what other women are trying to signal by using lipstick

Quote Originally Posted by flyspyro View Post
    As a female-
    1. I also think it's very fake; althought, I do under stand why. Men are so shallow which makes women feel that they have to.
    2. I wear makeup maybe once a year. The reason I do is to remind myself why I don't. I feeel really stupid when I wear it and is very ichy on my face. I need to remind myself because men make us feel ugly. After I put it on, I think not only how stupid/ichy I feel but Wtf Should I do all this bullsh*t for some man. Cause honestly I could give a sh*t.
    3. Yes should have died. Sady, it won't.
    4. Women do it because of men. Women are lairs if they say it's for herself.
    5. Because 99% of women and men put on a show when they first meet someone, you'll have to be ok with it.

To the ladies who say it's for yourself-
    Don't kid yourself. You do it to look good. Sadly, It's in our nature as animals just like the Peacock. Why do you want to look good? Really sit down and think about it, it's for men or a man. Heres something else notice that most women wear clothes that show their curves, it's the same reason you wear makeup.

So with the combination of men being shallow and a womens need to feel attractive is the reason it won't stop
    Not all men are shallow, maybe you need to get out and meet some people in real places not bars and clubs. I am not shallow, I date a bigger girl and like her for her, not the way she looks. IT'S A STEREOTYPE. Not all men are shallow, but maybe the ones you met are.

1. You don't really look like that so why pretend?
    2. Is there any women out there who specifically "don't at all" wear makeup?
    3. Is this something that should have died out years ago?
    4. What do you think about why they/you do it?
    5. Would you be OK knowing I wore a wig if I were bald, had a pair of socks stuffed in my pants for obvious reasons, shoe-lifts to make me appear taller than I really do? (Hypothetical but serious questions, I can't picture a woman dating a man with any of these choices)
    1. I do look like that. It's my face. I can't change the physiology of my face, but I can make my eyes more visible behind my glasses, or bring out my best features, or cover up my acne that I cannot get rid of due to a hormonal disorder.
    2. Yes.
    3. No. Why are people still shaming women one way or the other for it?
    4. "Damn, I look GOOD."
    5. Yes, because it's your body, and I have no business judging you for it.

I don't wear makeup to please YOU. I don't wear makeup to please anyone. But it really shows how entitled OP feels by making this post complaining about how it feels like 'false advertising'. If a woman wears makeup, she's a painted whore, if she doesn't, she's obviously just ugly or has low self-esteem or whatever. You can't condemn women for wearing makeup if you're going to go ahead and appreciate the results.

It comes down to, it's the woman's body to do with as she pleases, and you have no right to dictate it.

To the ladies who say it's for yourself-
    Don't kid yourself. You do it to look good. Sadly, It's in our nature as animals just like the Peacock. Why do you want to look good? Really sit down and think about it, it's for men or a man. Heres something else notice that most women wear clothes that show their curves, it's the same reason you wear makeup.

So with the combination of men being shallow and a womens need to feel attractive is the reason it won't stop
    You've completely forgotten that lesbians exist and some of us do enjoy wearing makeup. And guess what we're not trying to attract men. We really do like the way we look. Homg how is this hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Furzb View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of beholder.
    I thought it was in the eye of the beer holder... : )

-Alamar

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    vikings are in recorded history, they're closer to us. Now, viking ladies only wore "make-up" made from fruits and berries to protect them from sunburns, so it was like we'd wear sunscreen cream. So, vikings didn't wear makeup.

Also, in most societies, ancient or even going all the way to last century, only noble women wore make-up. Or what, do you think that in ancient Egypt every peasant and slave woman wore make-up? Dude, be serious. Do you think that in industrial England every worker woman or poor worker's wife wore make-up? No. Only the rich and nobles did, and they did it for a reason.

For a few hundreads of years it was believed having white skin was a symbol of nobility. Why? Well think, because the peasants and the lower castes went to work the fields, and as such they got caught by the sun. While the nobility could afford to sit inside the house and all, so their skin was pale. So having pale skin was a symbol of the rich. But what did you do when you had to go out? Well you couldn't let your tone be spoiled, so you applied powders and makeup, so that you'd still look pale and rich. Makeup was invented for 3 reasons, to distinguish the rich from the poor, to distinguish those in service of the gods from the rest (egypt) and to inspire fear (barbarians). Only in the last century or so makeup has started to be considered an enhancement to beauty. And funny enough, it was because of those rich folks, everyone wanted to look rich, so when makeup became more available, they did. And then it caught on and people followed another, since it was a fashion, a fashion that didn't die, but constantly reinvented itself, like skirts. Skirts never died, but they constantly reinvent themselves, one decade they're short, another long, another with a stich etc. Same with make-up, one decade it's just red lipstick, another it's like concrete on your face, another it's brown lipstick and eyeshadow of eye colours etc.

So bottom line is no, makeup didn't always exist in recorded history and when it did, excluding the 1850-2013 period it was used to distinguish the rich from poor, distinguish the priests from rest and make people look scary to their enemies.

And for medicinal reasons, forgat that.

Also, a study of egyptian make-up:
    http://www.helium.com/items/1954343-...ns-wear-makeup

Shaving is the equivalent of cutting your hair. It's not make-up. Unless you're saying cutting your hair is makeup.

You are forgetting about the fourth use of make up which was to enhance the beauty of aging women. The red lips, the blushing cheeks, the smooth white skin were all about mimicking the sweet youthful fertile of young females as women became older. In those times it was very important to be able to get married so being able to stay looking like you are in the prime of your life was key. Even men wore make up and corsets at certain points in time to keep the look of being in their prime of their life.

As for me I only wear make up for special occasions just because I do not like the feel of make up on my skin. The only problem I have with make up is that I feel that girls start wearing it too soon and kinda starts aging their skin in the process.

For some people they need a little make up because they are very pale or fair and it brings some warmth and color to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    My reason is that I enjoying looking good, because I feel better when I don't have visible bags under my eyes or blemishes.
    That's all the answer you need, really. It makes us feel better about ourselves. I've had bad skin since I hit 13 and while it's gone now, I've still got a few scars leftover that I prefer covering. I hardly ever do anything other than putting foundation on, but it evens my skin tone out and makes me feel more confident.

But I've also gone to work and gone on squad calls when I'm fresh out of bed, so it doesn't bother me that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Shaving and cutting hairs are non-natural actions that mostly are about looking good. Not a huge difference with makeup, only that these cuts parts away instead of simply hiding them as makeup does. But in the end, same thing, you end up not looking how you would naturally do. OP should think people who cuts their hair are liars too.
    There is a huge difference and I am shocked anyone can even compare cutting hair and make up. Make up covers your current appearance making you fake. Cutting your hair changes your appearance but its permanent, we don't go home at the end of the day and put our hair back on, but at the end of the day you can bet that make up is coming off.