Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This has 0 to do with World of Warcraft, so moving it to VG Discussions

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm in doubt of Destiny being Titan. One thing I know, is that I look forward to Destiny and I truly do hope they've brought in the elements from Halo that made it famous (the music/atmosphere being one).

Anyway. Lets hope we'll get some more information at Blizzcon 2013.

One will be console-only, the other PC-only. The only thing we know about Titan beyond that is that it'll cross over into social media, something that Destiny is also doing, but that's not really a cause for competition.

Even if they were both incredibly similar in design for some strange reason, they aren't landing in competing markets anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by reohh View Post
    I really have no clue where are you going with this. Are you seriously suggesting that Destiny is Titan?!?!
    Did you read before you typed?

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    And what bits of info have you heard about Titan?
    Sorry if you haven't been paying attention. I don't really feel like schooling you on the entirety of what's known about this project. However, briefly, we do know that it is a MMORPG and most speculation points towards an MMO FPS. While that is unconfirmeds as of yet, it is the leading theory. We also know that it's a new IP and (even less confirmed than it being FPS) many believe it will be space related.

If you are incapable of drawing connections between that information and what's been announced for Destiny, I'm sorry.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Two entirely separate genres of games made my two entirely separate companies.
    One is for consoles, the other is for PC.

Deleted
    Sometimes I feel for Blizzard. They tell people that "Sure, we are working on something new, have a look at it" and Diablo 3 happens, then when they say "Hey, we are working something new but we are keeping it on the QT for now" then we have this situation where everything is Titan related. This takes the biscuit though, an unreleased game where we know next to nothing about it stealing the thunder from another unreleased game we know even less about.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post

Sorry if you haven't been paying attention. I don't really feel like schooling you on the entirety of what's known about this project.
    First you set basis that there are similiarities between the two titles based on info we know.

Next you say there's no info we know at all, just speculations of rabid fan-base. Try to stay consistent.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Destiny is not titan. If you read the info they have released about Destiny altho a 10 year project that Bungi is focusing on its described as Console only. IE not for PC atleast from the articles that I have read about it.

There slating Destiny to be released when the next version of consoles come out Ps4 and whatever the next xbox is but no mention of a product for PC. If anything that tells me this isnt Titan as or is an alternate to Titan which will more than likely be PC only and not console.

On top of that Blizz would be the only 1 to announce Titan despite having some members from the Halo team working on whats assumed to be a FPSMMO like Destiny.

Blizz will more than likely announce Titan at blizzcon this year as there really is nothing else for them to discuss or launch. Short of a D3 exp (too soon imo) and the games in a crap area pvp = epic fail.

15+ Year Old Account
    Destiny is not Titan.

Titan is the Halo MMORPG run by Blizzard. Hoorah.

Don't dare crush my dreams! One day... one day....

We just need to wait and see what Titan really is, time time time.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Also, why the balls do people keep thinking that Bungie is owned by Activision or something? They've been independent again since 2007. They're in a publishing deal with Activision but Activision has nothing to do with Destiny.

Under Bungie's agreement with Activision, new intellectual property developed by Bungie will be owned by Bungie, not the publisher,
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/04/...dependence-day

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthanis View Post
    Blizz will more than likely announce Titan at blizzcon this year as there really is nothing else for them to discuss or launch. Short of a D3 exp (too soon imo) and the games in a crap area pvp = epic fail.
    There's plenty to announce. More details on future MoP patches, new WoW expansion (Yes, this will happen, I bet my mother on it), Diablo 3 expansion announced, probably lots of stuff about last expansion of SC2 aswell.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Destiny looks alot like the Halo mmo that was scraped just different models. As for Titan I think its going to be a Starcraft type mmo thats just what I think I have no info on titan.

This is a console only game. It is NOT titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    There's plenty to announce. More details on future MoP patches, new WoW expansion (Yes, this will happen, I bet my mother on it), Diablo 3 expansion announced, probably lots of stuff about last expansion of SC2 aswell.
    I'd be willing to bet he's right though. Titan could very likely see the light of day this year. It's been on information lockdown for so long that at this point, they're most likely getting to the investment stage where they have to choose to either mothball it, or go forward with current plans and reveal it finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I'd be willing to bet he's right though. Titan could very likely see the light of day this year. It's been on information lockdown for so long that at this point, they're most likely getting to the investment stage where they have to choose to either mothball it, or go forward with current plans and reveal it finally.
    I'm fairly certain we get more info on Titan as well. I was just pointing out that there is plenty of content for BlizzCon when he said there'd be very little.

This is what i think. Blizzard was working on a MMO-FPS. Bungie split off from Microsoft to be an indie developer. Activision took the opportunity to get a dev team that created one of the best FPS's of the time and made a contract with them to publish their titles. Bungie then took over Titan from blizzard and morphed it into Destiny. Blizzard then prolly decided to create another game more similar to their current games. According to that guy who has been releasing info on titan, Titan is a new IP and is sort of dark like diablo but in an MMO setting.

So to sum it up, blizz was working on an FPS-MMO > Bungie splits from Microsoft > Activision partners with Bungie > Bungie is then given control over Blizzes FPS-MMO > Blizz starts working on a new project.

Sorry if you haven't been paying attention. I don't really feel like schooling you on the entirety of what's known about this project. However, briefly, we do know that it is a MMORPG and most speculation points towards an MMO FPS. While that is unconfirmeds as of yet, it is the leading theory. We also know that it's a new IP and (even less confirmed than it being FPS) many believe it will be space related.

If you are incapable of drawing connections between that information and what's been announced for Destiny, I'm sorry.
    I was making fun of you because no one has heard anything on titan, there is no need for "Schooling" when there is no real information and it's just rumor and hype. Try again when you have any link to reliable information.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Whether it's Titan or not, I'm very interested in playing it whenever it comes out.

I hope they make it for next gen consoles though. The 360 and the PS3 are about to become obsolete.
    You can already preorder it for Xbox 360 and PS3 so I doubt that. Though I would be surprised if they have a way up updating it for the new consoles? maybe.

Deleted
    we do know that it is a MMORPG and most speculation points towards an MMO FPS. While that is unconfirmeds as of yet, it is the leading theory. We also know that it's a new IP and (even less confirmed than it being FPS) many believe it will be space related.
    "most speculation" .... "that is unconfirmed as of yet".... "many believe it will be".... "the leading theory" (lol)....

"If you are incapable of drawing connections between that information and what's been announced for Destiny....."

speculation, unconfirmed things, stuff "many" believe and "leading theories" are now information.

good job dude. I lol'd

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to flag a title for being misleading? This is one of those threads that i'd like to flag.