Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Too bad that isn't the case. Let's look at the stat weight on a 476 5.2 PvP neck and compare it to a 476 MSV LFR neck.

Same stat weights for non-PvP stats on both items. The new PvP gear will be as useful as the 476 LFR MSV gear for PvE purposes.
    You're forgetting that it won't be any easier to get, though.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're forgetting that it won't be any easier to get, though.
    It will be far easier to get. You'll be able to farm up all the honor gear in a lockout-free period of intense play. Heck, you should have 4000 honor (and 4000 JP, to be converted to some lesser amount of honor) all saved up so you can buy the PvP stuff immediately when the season starts.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    (Oh btw) I consider entry level to be the current tier, previous tiers are obsolete, especially on alts.
    I'm not sure why you think I'd disagree with you. I was agreeing with the OP that 476 PvP gear will be a great foundation to get into the 5.2 LFR. i.e what will be the current tier.

You might feel different but you probably do not try to develop several raidworthy toons every expansion either.
    I have four alts, aiming to get them at 480 ilevel before the patch hits. I'm sure I'll use 476 PvP gear to fill in weak spots.