Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're in the Minmatar militia, I wouldn't advise going anywhere near Jita, unless you're planning to do it on an alt account.

You'll be looking for TLF (Tribal Liberation Force) stations, the LP stores sell a range of things from implants and modules right up to entire ship hulls. Your best places to sell them would be Rens and Dodixie, the Minmatar and Gallente market hubs.

I asked this several pages back, then we got a crap ton of posts in and the whole discussion got lost. Fanfest in 2 months, who's going?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    So basically there is mining (oh god why would anyone do this?), ratting which is almost as boring, and PvP roams which we all know is one poor traveler getting blobbed or sitting at a gate camp. I've looked through countless kill mails and it's usually 10:1 so I hardly call that fun PvP. Exploration is alright I guess but you can do that anywhere. Actually same for mining and ratting...

The real fun seems to be in low / WH space. Dunno how many threads have popped up about making null not so boring. Which it is.
    Well, to be fair there really isn't any part of the game that isn't boring. If you are claiming industry isn't boring I'm not sure what you are smoking while doing it, but can you drop some of it off for me LOL. Every individual aspect of the game is tediously boring, yet as a whole the game is very satisfying. Amazing how the sum of a million crappy parts makes such a good experience, boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by gainesvilleg View Post
    Well, to be fair there really isn't any part of the game that isn't boring. If you are claiming industry isn't boring I'm not sure what you are smoking while doing it, but can you drop some of it off for me LOL. Every individual aspect of the game is tediously boring, yet as a whole the game is very satisfying. Amazing how the sum of a million crappy parts makes such a good experience, boggles the mind.
    I'll flat out claim that Industry ISN'T boring :P On a basic level I guess it would be but once you go large scale it's a real rush. I can't wait till I have enough capital to start a real business over multiple alts. I understand some people don't have what it takes to do it so it may seem overwhelming / boring but for people like me it doesn't get better. I was also the kinda guy in WoW who heavily played the market and make millions of gold rather than wanting to raid / PVP. In the end it was boring and uninteresting compared to EVE so here I am!

I'd have to argue about each individual aspect of the game being boring, some things are plain fun for me like exploration / WH and small scale PVP.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-02-18 at 01:17 AM.

OK enough with the waiting...LOL, I made my 2 month old main account as industrial and I bought character from character bazaar for 12.5 bill, 50 mill SP + annual remap rdy +2 bonus remap + 277k unallocated SP + (+4) all implants and pvp focused skill hardwiring +free resculputre + pvp focused can fly SB/Black ops/BC/BS/Tengu/Marad...pretty good deal imo, I was checking the forums like a Hawk for the past 2 weeks till I jumped on this.
    Last edited by Ballistic; 2013-02-18 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    OK enough with the waiting...LOL, I made my 2 month old main account as industrial and I bought character from character bazaar for 12.5 bill, 50 mill SP + annual remap rdy +2 bonus remap + 277k unallocated SP + (+4) all implants and pvp focused skill hardwiring +free resculputre + pvp focused can fly SB/Black ops/BC/BS/Tengu/Marad...pretty good deal imo, I was checking the forums like a Hawk for the past 2 weeks till I jumped on this.
    Sounds like a good deal, hope you have fun with it!

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Is doing Planetary Interaction on alts worth it? (on the characters on the other two character slots on your account) I mean, starting PI requires very little learning and you don't have to learn anything else after a few basic skills, so you can focus on combat skills or whatever on your main. Hauling large amounts of goods won't be a problem as you can use your main for that.

I mean if I once learn the PI skills on my alt characters on my 3 accounts (3 characters), is it possible to earn considerable amount of ISK "for free" by this way? It of course requires a lot of management, but in the end you don't have to check your planets every day. I'd use the ISK to cover all the running costs on my mains, so I don't have to buy PLEX with IRL money and sell it for ISK in addition to three subscriptions. I guess this wouldn't be a long time goal, just as long as I'm able to run lvl 4's by myself, which would take several months to learn everything to lvl 5.

Probably just making an industrial alt would be wiser, but I'm afraid there aren't any manufacturing or research slots open at stations in High Sec. Also doing the traditional industry feels more complex and more risky (than PI).
    It'll give you some ISK but I doubt enough to live on unless you do it in WH / low / null but they obviously come with risks. I mean it can't hurt, ISK is ISK and it requires very little work for it. You will not get anywhere near the price of a PLEX doing PI in highsec even on 3 alts, but maybe a decent chunk that your other activities can help get for you.

Concerning manufacturing slots there are plenty just two jumps from Jita. This past two weeks doing dozens of jobs I never had to look past two jumps for open slots (running 8 - 10 jobs at a time). Research is another thing, if you want to research you got two options: Get your own POS or get someone else to research it in theirs for a fee. Currently have someone researching four blueprints at 30, 000 ISK an hour which is very cheap.

Deleted
    I'm looking to get into EVE and would appreciate if someone could PM me a link for one of those 21 day trials and help me answer some questions in-game. Thank you feel free to pm me

Quote Originally Posted by Sjant View Post
    I'm looking to get into EVE and would appreciate if someone could PM me a link for one of those 21 day trials and help me answer some questions in-game. Thank you feel free to pm me
    Check your private messages, also my name is Industrialist Ajidica, feel free to message me in-game or post any questions here, a few people can help you and give different opinions.

is the 21 day trial region blocked? what happens after the trial?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    is the 21 day trial region blocked? what happens after the trial?
    I doubt it's region blocked. After the 21 days is up you won't be able to log onto your account, just like WoW, unless you add a PLEX or subscription.

Edit: Just bought five Machariel BPC for 1.1b a piece which is 90m profit each Easy 450m!

Kinda in a nice rhythm at the moment, I keep 4 - 5 lines open for short term stuff like pirate ship BPC (really profitable but high upfront cost), and currently 4 churning out Sentry Drones and the other with whatever is good like Fuel Blocks, modules etc.

I can't wait till I can run my own POS...
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-02-19 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    PLEX prices seem to be higher than ever (530M vs. 430M couple of years ago, or around so).
    530 is actually very low, it was stable 580 before the expansion. And there was a spike between September and December where it almost hit 700.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-02-19 at 08:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember Christmas 2009 when they plummeted to 240 mil each, far too many people with disposable income back then.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    530 is actually very low, it was stable 580 before the expansion. And there was a spike between September and December where it almost hit 700.
    it was 350mil less than 2 years ago

10+ Year Old Account
    so ive done militia for a week now and ive gathered some. i went to hek to trade them for ships but i thought i trade lp only for ships that i can sell straight away. i didnt know i have to turn one ship for another.
    ive got only 3mil now cuz ive lost a few ships during plexing. what should i do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    so ive done militia for a week now and ive gathered some. i went to hek to trade them for ships but i thought i trade lp only for ships that i can sell straight away. i didnt know i have to turn one ship for another.
    ive got only 3mil now cuz ive lost a few ships during plexing. what should i do ?
    Mine, rat, pi, exploration.

If you want to pvp you need to bear on the side in order to get it done properly otherwise you will be scrambling for isk every step of the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to get into eve but i really just can't...over the years I've probably had a total of 30+ free trials...it's not the learning curve that gets me i understand perfectly what i can do it's just the bloody autopilot that gives me the feeling like I'm not actually playing the game so i just can't stick to it

I didn't try incursions before but most are saying it's hardest pve in game, also ppl are saying too much elitists forming fleets for it. As far as I know there are no fleet members limits in EVE (not like WoW max 25/40) so why FCs are so picky in choosing their fleet members ?

Also can someone please confirm to me if incursion is the fastest way to gain isk and LP that makes missioners obsolete or not ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I really want to get into eve but i really just can't...over the years I've probably had a total of 30+ free trials...it's not the learning curve that gets me i understand perfectly what i can do it's just the bloody autopilot that gives me the feeling like I'm not actually playing the game so i just can't stick to it
    Don't use auto-pilot. You shouldn't to begin with as it's much slower (read: dangerous) than just telling your ship where to go.

Can't remember the last time I used auto-pilot.. maybe with an alt going through a long highsec route with nothing to lose so I could go afk, but that's about it. Sort of like the auto-run key in most mmo's.
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Don't use auto-pilot. You shouldn't to begin with as it's much slower (read: dangerous) than just telling your ship where to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    Can't remember the last time I used auto-pilot.. maybe with an alt going through a long highsec route with nothing to lose so I could go afk, but that's about it. Sort of like the auto-run key in most mmo's.
    Seriously. The only time I use autopilot is when I'm going through a series if high sec systems and I need to go take a piss.