Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The reason I had made this post was for discussion, and to see of anyone had any similar issues. That's all. I've been playing since BC and haven't really had any issues except being hacked a couple times. Than I found out what the authenticator was. Haven't had any problem but what I stated since. Except the occasional no having my phone/iPad charged to get the code from the authenticator.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 2 accounts, one of them is just for auctioning stuff and watching the auction house on my second screen. I have been banned for "selling" gold to my main account once before. I wrote a ticket on the battle.net account page explaining how I like to watch the ah on my second acct, and it was undone pretty quickly. I haven't had a problem since.

I sure do tire of people engaging in shady behavior in wow that get banned then come to mmo champion to tell a sad sob story of how they were the victim while leaving out some of the more incriminating details. I'm guessing every single player blizzard has banned in history has appealed it claiming innocence, regardless as for whether or not they are.

I wonder what % of innocent players that get automatically banned don't appeal it, and just stop subscribing?

I suspect that there is a lot more to the story than what the OP presents. I can move upwards of 100k between alts in the management of my guild funds on any given day and have never had an issue. However I did end up the recipient of some duped items at one time. Should have known the price was too good. That got me a warning.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I suspect that there is a lot more to the story than what the OP presents. I can move upwards of 100k between alts in the management of my guild funds on any given day and have never had an issue. However I did end up the recipient of some duped items at one time. Should have known the price was too good. That got me a warning.
    Its fine between alts, but when its between accounts or worse accounts that are under different bnet's then it gets suspicious.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Its fine between alts, but when its between accounts or worse accounts that are under different bnet's then it gets suspicious.
    Yes. I should have specified that I do this between toons on different accounts, however all of my accounts are on the same battle.net.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got it all figured.. OP makes two accounts but both with their own battle net even though they got the same name? Don't make me laugh.

OP tried this.. He bought gold on his account two. The account which he thinks is the trash account here he buys the gold. Sent from Account 2 to Account 1 which is his main. He got caught and now whines at MMO-Champion...

Bad game.. Bad GAME

Quote Originally Posted by Xizz View Post
    Same, They don't care anymore man. What's sad is if you read their Terms, they can ban you for no reason at all if they want. Talk about A-holes.
    It's the same for every single company. Your cable provider can just stop service for no reason. Your ISP can turn off your interwebs for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    ^

Wish one of these days, a person being banned would also elaborate as to why their creating threads like these.., if it's sympathy, there's none to be had, if it's validation as to their story being as pure as new fallen snow, lol rly!
    I got banned for selling over 5 million gold. How much more elaborate can I be I told them I didn't do it and after 2 weeks of fake crying on the phone my account was unbanned.

Blizzards bans are based on the person reviewing the case and tbh they are almost always either unjust or they unban someone like me who deserved it lol.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2013-02-18 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Those amounts are minute, now, if you send something like 100k or more across you'll probably get flagged.
    They might flag your account but they won't ban you for it.

There has to be something more to this story. No one in any of the guilds I've been playing in since vanilla has ever been banned for just mailing gold between accounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Sorry, I really don't believe any of the posts like the OP makes. I've moved 100K and more gold around to accounts with *different* names on them (mine, my daughter's, and a guildie's) and I've never had any issues or account locked. Ever. In over eight years.

I always figure there's something the OP's not telling, trying to convince himself he wasn't cheating. Enjoy your ban.
    And yet my guildmaster and i were banned in wrath for him giving me 5k to get my epic flying mount skill. I had no luck atall when i rang customer services but my guildmaster got a very helpfull lady who had him back ingame that day. Took another 2 days of ingame tickets from my GM and phonecalls from me to get my account back. All because a friend gave me an epic present.

So yes blizz can and do ban people for stupid stuff like that. And no they dont pick up on everyone transferring gold because ive never had trouble like that since while shifting gold around. God alone knows what triggers blizz's banhammer but its obviously very arbitrary

If you ever need to contest an account action, the best way to go about that would be to submit a ticket online so that we can have a member of our Account Administration team check it as soon as possible. Mistakes sometimes do happen, and we'll gladly review an issue per your request as soon as the ticket has been submitted.

Deleted
    I believe I got banned twice for no reason, other than my account being flagged from sending gold between my characters. But when thinking about it, someone did say that me playing on US servers when living in EU could add to the issue. I know people have all sorts of stories and they might be true. But from personal experience and from experiencing friends in the same situation, Blizz has always unbanned any wrongful ban.

I guess you'd have to be really unlucky not to get unbanned - if you truly didn't do anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Xizz View Post
    Exact same thing happend to me Thursday during raid. However I never switched gold between accounts, I just talked about Gold buying with people in my raid and how it affected people. Even a ticket said they found sufficient evidence of me talking about the effects it has on the in-game economy. Still trying to get it unbanned. If that doesn't work looks like I'm quitting wow :-/
    lol that's so retarded, they love to ban people for anything said, but people can bot for months and get away with it, they need to pull the finger outta their asses, and stop throwing chat bans around, and start joining and some BGs and banning the very OBVIOUS bots, i mean really OBVIOUS, doesn't take a genius to see its a bot.

I got banned for farming ore at the start of the exp pack before they nerfed the spawn rate....

My server is rife with farming bots and bgs are a joke with the number of bots floating around in them

I have transferred hundreds of thousands in single transactions between 2 linked accounts, never had an issue.

I've also gifted people largish amounts of gold (10's of thousands) and even stood in Org running a crappy quiz program and paying winners 1k per answer (i was quitting the game honest) no issues here.

Also I complain about the bots and stuff, but i actually report them aswell.

Two wrongs don't make a right

Deleted
    I've been banned for sending gold aswell, this was when they switched over to bnet, but luckily the guy I talked to said that stuff like this can happen, dunno if it's automated to keep track on ppl that send a certain amount or talk about something like gold selling

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    I believe I got banned twice for no reason, other than my account being flagged from sending gold between my characters. But when thinking about it, someone did say that me playing on US servers when living in EU could add to the issue. I know people have all sorts of stories and they might be true. But from personal experience and from experiencing friends in the same situation, Blizz has always unbanned any wrongful ban.

I guess you'd have to be really unlucky not to get unbanned - if you truly didn't do anything wrong.
    Heh, i posted my sob story in another thread. I got banned for no reason. It never got overturned despite all my efforts. I went through the steps Araxom suggests in the above post. Still banned. I checked with phone support and they said it didn't look like there was any evidence of an account compromise, so yeah, guess I was one of the unlucky ones.

Back in Wrath, I ran a couple of popular GDKPs on my server. I would regularly move amounts of 100-200k around between different characters, and eventually I got banned. I appealed the ban, got the ban raised almost instantly, and talking to the CS rep and explaining why my account moved so much gold around, he said that this was a known issue (GDKPs were new then), and that he could put a flag on my account to prevent the automated system from flagging me again. For the rest of Wrath, and also into Cata when we ran GDKPs up through Firelands, I never got any more bans or emails.