Page 4 of 596 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    no way it will be on XBox 360/PS3 by the end of the year both will be outdated
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    console, and seems that their goal is to create a casual mmo, zero interest from me :<

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Sounds like their attempt at Dust 514... Really hope they do something original and not just completely rehash halo crap or rip off other games.

Edit:

@Spikey, if you think 514 is crap, you obviously don't play eve, nor dust.
    your right I dont play EVE but I have played both the closed and open BETA of dust and thought it was shit. The most important part of a FPS is how the guns handle and the gun game. Dust 514 guns handle likre shit and the gun game is shit. Having to be at point blank range to hit anything when you are aiming right at them at distance is just bad.

Deleted
    I like how they have labelled concept art as screenshots.

I was interested until i saw no information on the PC.

Deleted
    Console? Pass.

Deleted
    not too sure how i feel about it being on consoles only, we'll see how that turns out. but i know it being console only will turn off a lot of the mmo crowd, the community on console games is generally a lot worse than it is on PC. looks interesting though, bungie is a great company so im quite excited to see how this turns out. any word of release date or whereabouts? i see the pre order button so its probably sometime this year?

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 11:25 AM ----------

not much infomation about the game on their website, one small paragraph about the background and 3 lines of key features.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hate it when games are only released for consoles.

They did it with Halo 2, 3 and 4. I bought an Xbox just for Halo 2. All I ever did after completing it, was watch DVD's on my Xbox. So, I won't be buying another console for a game. Watched 'movies' of Halo 3 and 4 instead and I'm very satisfied.

GTA V console only? GTFO.
    Statix will suffice.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this games gives me the ability to be on Earth, walk over to a Spaceship and actually FLY myself through space to another planet, whilst having things to do in space.

I will buy it in an Instant. If not, I will just wait for Star Citizen.

Just watched the full video.

They mention for the "Next 10 years". But it is announced to be released on 360 and Ps3, 2 consoles that are supposed to be being dethroned by their next Versions within the next couple of years (not sure what they are called but lets call them Xbox720/PS4)

so what would the point of releasing a game with a intended long time investment on machines that are meant to be becoming obsolete within the next few years?

I don't even..
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2013-02-18 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    If this games gives me the ability to be on Earth, walk over to a Spaceship and actually FLY myself through space to another planet, whilst having things to do in space.

I will buy it in an Instant. If not, I will just wait for Star Citizen.

Just watched the full video.

They mention for the "Next 10 years". But it is announced to be released on 360 and Ps3, 2 consoles that are supposed to be being dethroned by their next Versions within the next couple of years (not sure what they are called but lets call them Xbox720/PS4)

so what would the point of releasing a game with a intended long time investment on machines that are meant to be becoming obsolete within the next few years?

I don't even..
    Don't lose hope PC Gamers!
    And also in regards to the next-gen consoles.
    A quote from Bungie COO Pete Parsons

"We would absolutely love to be on the PC," Parsons said. "If you talk to the people upstairs, we play it on all platforms. So, stay tuned."

Still, that quote suggests that Bungie isn't actually developing for the PC yet. It would appear that they're focusing on getting Destiny on consoles this fall first. That's a daunting task in of itself, considering that Bungie is targeting both current and next-gen consoles.

The announcement of Destiny after months of speculation is an exciting time for console gamers and it's too bad that PC gamers can't share in that excitement. However, it seems like there's a chance they'll get the hands on the game...eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    -MMO?? Pls, it's Borderlands gameplay.
    -Bungie making a new game that's completely new and different, yet looks exactly like Halo Reach? Pls.
    -Bragging too much about Halo, move on Bungie, it happened, it's done, it's all about this new game now. Hopefully it's worth it.
    +The Art work is fantastic and I'll be in line to buy this at midnight on launch day on whatever console it'll actually be on, don't care if it's not on PC, it's looks like a great game with a nice story (if done to death) and a very detailed setting. I'm very intrigued by it, like a 5 minute teaser trailer this was.
    +Things that will happen that are not even planned, that should be interesting.
    -/+ Give me some customization. More than just armor, let me be a character I created from face/body. Also more playstyles than just a gun would be awesome. Make this a different Fps.
    I'll hop aboard the Hype train, why not.
    Well, to be fair, Reach was amazing looking, along with every other Halo game for it's time. Always looked tremendous for consoles. The graphical limitations though..could just be restricted with what they have to work with, and put it on - which is why I'm surprised its coming to current gen consoles. The 360 and PS3 have about reached their life span, and I'd be surprised if they both don't make an announcement at this year's E3. But seeing as how Bungie has been working on this since they bid farewell to the Halo series, it would be too late to turn back now. Graphics don't necessarily have to make a game great though, so keep that in mind (even though it's hard NOT to pull that off with the tech nowadays). And once they cross that threshold to where it's out there and people have a chance to play it for a while, the graphics will only improve along the way. Shit, I'd say stick a little bit to the Halo formula, at least for the first game. Still having some of the foundations that made them so great in the first place there would do more good than bad, then let them see where they are and let them have their room to grow. A lot of eyes and pressure is already on them, regardless, so it's gonna be a journey for them.

---

However, I don't see Bungie bragging a lot about Halo...like at all...after the Microsoft transition (and even then before Reach was out). They got to where they felt the end of the line was for their universe and wanted to move on to something new - which does and doesn't surprise me. Tiresome and maybe even to the point of excruciating to only be working on something for so long, yea sure. I'd get that way too. But honestly....they have every right to brag, whether they choose to take up on that or not.

They made an IP that sucked people in, bar none. It essentially kickstarted and fathered Xbox Live, metaphorically speaking. Even though it didn't technically compete with, it gave CS a run for it's money in the FPS department where it was sitting pretty as the king of the hill. It showed that consoles could have a legit competitive team based FPS that wasn't a sham/crappy. Hell, it even got the video game-equivalent to major league sports started, and now look how far it's come since that day - even though the patriarch isn't being played there any longer.

Yea, I'll admit I'm a fanboy (if that wasn't obvious), but there's a solid reason why I am. For the past 10+ years, I've had the honor to watch, experience, and grow with Bungie and the Halo universe. For all the good times, and through all the bad times I have been a fan, and I've never forgotten what they've done. Never a product from them in that time period that I wasn't standing at midnight in-line for, never a time I missed an announcement from them with eagerness, and never even a moment I wasn't waiting on Frankie's Weekly Update every Friday (anybody remember that?). I literally grew up with Bungie. They're pretty much a core part of my teenage years.

Gamers are probably the most stubborn when it comes to letting go of things, and I can proudly say I've never lost my support for Bungie. Taking on a project as big as a console MMO isn't a small task, but you'll have a hard time finding another company that has the passion and drive to make something work - and not only do that - make it work great. I have faith in Bungie.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

Would it not be better to build it and launch it for the next gen consoles?
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Would it not be better to build it and launch it for the next gen consoles?
    They are, you can be sure. The issue is that those next gen consoles haven't been announced yet.

I think Sony is announcing in 2 days and MS has a press conference scheduled before E3.

Consoles will be shown off before E3 for this cycle then E3 will be all about games, which should be cool

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was watching the trailer and i was like, do i missclicked on a link and watching a smartphone / tablet ad? I could give zero fucks about smartphone apps, let alone a prototype version.

Plus, Console only, another Bungie game i will never play
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Where does it say this game is an MMO, people keep saying this, but on the video they didnt mentioned it once and also in their website they havent mentioned it either.

this is just another FPS game made by Bungie for consoles, aka Halo v2, but this time they added some social features like smartphone capabilities and a city)hub) for people to queue for game types.

they releasing this game on old hardware, i bet the game is gonna be great lol in the video they say the Limitation are their imagination, i think the limitation is the old consoles to be honest.

also last time Bungie did a console game port to PC in one of its Halo games it was pretty horrible, so im not thinking we will see this on PC at all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    Where does it say this game is an MMO, people keep saying this, but on the video they didnt mentioned it once and also in their website they havent mentioned it either.

this is just another FPS game made by Bungie for consoles, aka Halo v2, but this time they added some social features like smartphone capabilities and a city)hub) for people to queue for game types.

they releasing this game on old hardware, i bet the game is gonna be great lol in the video they say the Limitation are their imagination, i think the limitation is the old consoles to be honest.

also last time Bungie did a console game port to PC in one of its Halo games it was pretty horrible, so im not thinking we will see this on PC at all

from waht i understood, its going to be open world, and mostly singple player. and certain parts of the game multiplayer, i dont think its an mmo with everyone always playing together, they mentioned single player a few times, so i think most of it will be singple player, with the ability to drop into friends games, and maybe certain parts of the map be mmo/pvp. not sure though, we need more infomation. also, im fairly sure they will be aiming for the next gen consoles, i dont think they will aim it for the 360/ps3 when the new ones probably are not that far away.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    it sounds like the online only is the only way this game will 'work'
    To me it sounds more like them obliging some requirement by Microsoft, without explicitly using some form of XBOX 720 online-only "DRM".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    no way it will be on XBox 360/PS3 by the end of the year both will be outdated
    lol.. if its on ps4 or 720 itll be outdated by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Console? Pass.
    pretty much this.. if consoles are its focus my interest just died.

after one google search its apparently going to be on xbox 360 and ps3 and "future consoles".. my interest has now officially died. at least i have firefall, wildstar and titan to look forward to..

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    To me it sounds more like them obliging some requirement by Microsoft, without explicitly using some form of XBOX 720 online-only "DRM".
    unless theyre trolling with "my body is ready" nintendo reference in the video.. how will it work on wii u with that sort of crap.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-02-18 at 06:06 PM.

I like the end where the guy is like.

How can you build something bigger then Halo? Well find out! LOL this MMO is going to have the appeal level of Halo wars as an RTS. Oh but soon we will have the CoD/Halo dudebros saying they are into MMO games. Fun times incoming.

I find it sad that a company which first made a name for itself on the Mac is trolling PC(and Mac) gamers with the whole "KB+M are dead!" comment.