So... extended maintenance means... patch tomorrow?

Does this mean the patch is tomorrow?

Doubt it, they posted info last week (the 13th) about how we would have time to get 3000 valor points saved for the patch, which puts it at around 2 weeks till patch from tomorrow/wednesday.

I assume they are doing stuff to prepare for the patch or something else related to battle.net.

They haven't ended the pvp season or taken the ptr down yet. Usually when they do that then the patch is usually imminent.

No, just prep for 5.2 and HoTS coming out soon. As well, not all raid testing even close to done.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    They haven't ended the pvp season or taken the ptr down yet. Usually when they do that then the patch is usually imminent.
    There were plenty of times where a major patch was released with the PTR still up. And considering they haven't even begun 25 man testing yet, the likelyhood of the patch coming tomorrow is highly unlikely. Speaking of which, they said the patch is coming out the 26th, that's next week, I don't see them fitting in 25 man normal/heroic testing along with 2 10man heroic bosses by that time

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    There were plenty of times where a major patch was released with the PTR still up. And considering they haven't even begun 25 man testing yet, the likelyhood of the patch coming tomorrow is highly unlikely. Speaking of which, they said the patch is coming out the 26th, that's next week, I don't see them fitting in 25 man normal/heroic testing along with 2 10man heroic bosses by that time
    When did they say that? I wasn't aware there was ever a set release date.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    When did they say that? I wasn't aware there was ever a set release date.
    They didn't. It was pushed back further so we still have 2+ weeks. It's not getting released on the 26th.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    They didn't. It was pushed back further so we still have 2+ weeks. It's not getting released on the 26th.
    That's what I thought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    The PvP season oftenly end after the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    The PvP season oftenly end after the patch.
    They still haven't published the pvp blog which is 2 weeks before the patch. We have 2+ weeks still.

From the Blue post last week dated 13th February :

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If you’ve already made plans and sank your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)
    Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...11142?page=1#1

Which puts it 5th/6th March release date no?.

Starcraft has 12 hour maint too. It's battle.net in general for the huge delay not a patch. Though I'm sure they will have more 5.2 stuff pushed on live to be downloaded to smooth the transition and a ptr update between now and tommorow.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Starcraft has 12 hour maint too. It's battle.net in general for the huge delay not a patch. Though I'm sure they will have more 5.2 stuff pushed on live to be downloaded to smooth the transition and a ptr update between now and tommorow.
    Starcraft has a really large patch (pre-expansion patch) coming too.
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/871..._204-2_14_2013 on feb 14.
    It says "in a few days"
    Pretty much confirm it is this week.
    Unless 12 days counts as few days.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post

If you’ve already made plans and sank your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)

5th/6th of march AT LEAST.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last week they said that they were planning on a February 26th release date, but they then said they were going to be unable to make that. Although, I don't think Blizz would just throw out a random date and try to reach it. I'm gonna say there's a 95% chance of it being on 5th/6th of March. It will certainly not be earlier, and I really doubt it will be later. Although I'm all for it being pushed to March 12th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    and the day after the 26th 'announcement' which wasn't really one... it was walked back... infact... it was announced that it was NOT the 26th....

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post

5th at least... if not after.. cause if you started on the 13th you'd need to the 5th to VP cap.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Last week they said that they were planning on a February 26th release date, but they then said they were going to be unable to make that. Although, I don't think Blizz would just throw out a random date and try to reach it. I'm gonna say there's a 95% chance of it being on 5th/6th of March. It will certainly not be earlier, and I really doubt it will be later. Although I'm all for it being pushed to March 12th.
    No, last week MMO-C SPECULATED that it would be 26th release. Blizz never give dates. For this exact reason. (Except release dates for expansions of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Purplekitti View Post
    No, last week MMO-C SPECULATED that it would be 26th release. Blizz never give dates. For this exact reason. (Except release dates for expansions of course).
    No, Blizzard speculated, MMO reported on it:

As the 5.2 raid Throne of Thunder is one continuous, sprawling dungeon, each difficulty will open in its entirety once unlocked. Normal difficulty will be available the first week, then Heroic the week after. LFR will, as usual, be broken up into sub-sections and those will be releasing over time, likely with the first section opening with Heroic in the second week, and a new section each week afterward. Of course we don’t tend to give out patch release dates ahead of time, because things can slip, but right now we’re targeting the last week of February.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8608452

So basically, you're incorrect I'm afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.