Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    But.. why do you find them intriguing?
    Because your word choice and usually, point of view, is interesting.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    id assume that 90% of the people that think sex has anything to do with marriage are religious and thus retarded

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-02-19 at 02:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    some people like pain
    While the brain processes pain and pleasure in a similar way, I am not one of those persons that confuses the two. Not even when in aroused state.

Waiting till marriage is less important IMO then waiting till you can fully understand possible consequences, and deal with them as an adult. I also think it's a good idea to wait till you understand the difference between lust and love.

The teenage me is interjecting that there is nothing wrong with a little late high school 2nd and 3rd base action though heh.

Its just an ancient preposterous tradition. Similar to hiding the face until marriage.

The reason is obvious - it rises the chance for inferior girls to get married. Hide your disadvantages and you could be lucky to marry a man higher level than you. In most countries divorce was strictly prohibited back than, so it actually worked out pretty well.

In current society such tradition is not only stupid, its actually bad. The chance to meet a boy who is ready to wait until marriage is pretty low and this boy will be lower level than you most likely. So it does not make any sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Because your word choice and usually, point of view, is interesting.
    Hm, not sure if I should find that worrying or not.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    The chance to meet a boy who is ready to wait until marriage is pretty low and this boy will be lower level than you most likely. So it does not make any sense.
    What do you mean "Lower level than you"?

10+ Year Old Account
    In current society such tradition is not only stupid, its actually bad. The chance to meet a boy who is ready to wait until marriage is pretty low and this boy will be lower level than you most likely. So it does not make any sense.
    Marriages ceased to make financial sense, once women emancipated and could build careers for themselves.

Personally I wonder whether todays society is even capable of lifetime commitments. Our entire structure seems all about "rapid change", "keeping things fresh and interesting" and most importantly "have as much fun as you possibly can, since you only live once".

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Marriages ceased to make financial sense, once women emancipated and could build careers for themselves.

Personally I wonder whether todays society is even capable of lifetime commitments. Our entire structure seems all about "rapid change", "keeping things fresh and interesting" and most importantly "have as much fun as you possibly can, since you only live once".
    i think that lifetime commitments can work but maybe only like 5%, that being said you can be commited to someone and have sex with other people, IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    you can be commited to someone and have sex with other people, IMO
    What exactly would you commit to said person in that scenario?
    Isn't commitment: "I reserve myself for my partner" and "I exact impulse control and don't bang everything that has pretty curves"?

There is nothing wrong either way. The biggest issue, IMO, is that most people tend to have sex before they are ready - emotionally, physically, mentally, and even financially. They don't understand that it can lead to pregnancy, it can lead to STD's regardless of whether or not precautions are taken.

Don't get me wrong here, sex is great. Sex with the right woman/girl is even better. Nothing inherently wrong with random acts of lust either, however, as said above, I don't think most people are completely ready for the possible consequences of it though.

As far as try before you buy, meh. Sexual compatability is a learned process. Everyone I've ever been with is different and takes some time to learn what works for both of you.

People commit to sharing their emotions, home, finances, and life with another person without committing to sexual exclusivity. Doesn't suit my tastes, but *shrug*.

lulz

lol, kids thinking they know things about how to build lasting relationships.

Is it good to wait until marriage to have sex? yes.
    -You are drastically less likely to contract STD's from a single partner
    -Your partner will appreciate you having not been promiscuous
    --Your partner will not have to wonder if they are being compared to previous partners
    -You and your partner will be able to share the adventure of exploring your sexuality together, with the person who will become their closest and best friend and lifelong companion

Is it bad to wait until marriage to have sex? no.
    -You do not need to know how adept your partner is at sexual acts in order to judge compatibility
    -Neither you nor your partner needs to be experienced at sexual acts before marriage- you have the rest of your lives to perfect it
    -Sex comes with a good relationship, it does not make it.
    -- to re-iterate... good sex causes good orgasms, it does not cause good marriages.
    -There is no bad sex, except rape. There might be prudish picky sex with whiners, or sex with injury, but even those arent that bad.

Is it necessary to wait until marriage to have sex or to have pre-marital sex in order to have a successful relationship? no.
    -If both partners can just get over theirselves and love the other person then you've got a good marriage, whether you are virgins or gave eachother HIV.
    -If you think you cannot possibly marry someone who does not seem "sexually compatible" with you, in essence they do not live up to your standards, then you are not ready to get married anyway.
    -Genital amputees, those who have been genitally mutilated, and really really ugly people are all capable of successful and happy long term marriages so clearly.

<b>Sex cannot make or break a marriage, only the people in it can.</b>

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't commitment: "I reserve myself for my partner" and "I exact impulse control and don't bang everything that has pretty curves"?
    love and sex do not go hand in hand, there is a lot more that goes into a relationship than the physical act of sex and if you or your partner want it from someone else i don't see the problem with it. Relationships are societal and sex is natural

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly, I completely admit to not having read past the first page.

Anyway, OT: Bad? Eh, it's in the eye of the beholder really. Personally, however, I could never marry someone I had no sexual chemistry with. Physical meshing is completely essential for a perfect bond. How you could be completely happy with someone who doesn't make you feel amazing sexually and why would you marry someone who doesn't make you completely happy?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Original Goblite View Post
    -There is no bad sex, except rape. There might be prudish picky sex with whiners, or sex with injury, but even those arent that bad.
    (Sorry, I'm a bit tired so.. Sorry if I got this wrong.)
    Uh, what do you mean with "no bad sex"? As in the sex can't be bad or that sex in itself isn't necessarily bad in terms of morality?

10+ Year Old Account
    -Neither you nor your partner needs to be experienced at sexual acts before marriage- you have the rest of your lives to perfect it
    On this I would agree.
    However, todays generations are conditioned for "instant rewards", so they might want to "outsource" the learning process.
    Personally, I think if both parties are inexperienced and communicate openly about their interests, it removes lots of anxiety and awkwardness.
    I sure as hell don't want my first time to be with a veteran woman, that just /facepalms when I read the instruction manual first. ._.

love and sex do not go hand in hand
    That might differ from person to person. While my body could have intercourse with a woman I feel nothing for, my mind couldn't relax and enjoy.
    I NEED love to be able to even comfortably take off protective layers of clothing.

I see no point in waiting unless you value waiting.

I haven't had sex yet. I've had plenty of opportunities to but I want it to mean something. It could very well happen when I get married.

So no, I don't see how wanting something as intimate and personal as sex to be special and meaningful is bad.
    "Why are you wearing that stupid Man suit?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Jakken View Post
    I haven't had sex yet. I've had plenty of opportunities to but I want it to mean something. It could very well happen when I get married.

So no, I don't see how wanting something as intimate and personal as sex to be special and meaningful is bad.
    Because your first time is awkward and confusing.

I remember my first time and it had no special meaning, but i also remember other times that have had special meaning with great fondness.

It like sports, the first time you play you are generally bad but the first time you play in the finals of a tournement you never forget.