Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    anyway, how can i get the nuketown map on xbox? i didnt buy special edition that came with it.
    It was a 'pre-order bonus'. I would imagine you can buy it as DLC but I've not looked.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    maybe you're just bad at it?

anyway, how can i get the nuketown map on xbox? i didnt buy special edition that came with it.
    I can get it on steam if i upgrade to the digital collectors edition.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Awesome easter egg on Nuketown

Here is what I have been seeing lately -

Getting mighty tired of it. Can't wait for PC DLC so there will be less hackers.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Hey guys,

Today I made my first Black ops 2 emblem and I thought it would be nice to share it with you. As an admirer Panerai and haute horlogerie in general, my first choice was pretty obvious. Enjoy!

Rolex Submariner emblem:

Nice videos man, here's my Bo2 Emblems:

COD black ops 2 bad?

Take the time watch the video then tell me what you think about the lag compensation in the game. I feel its way to strong once again proving cod is really about the underskilled players being given a better chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Take the time watch the video then tell me what you think about the lag compensation in the game. I feel its way to strong once again proving cod is really about the underskilled players being given a better chance.
    I watched the video and I dont see the correlation between your comment and the film. The video shows a guy using one of the hardest hitting weapons in the game to kill really bad players. Also, that shit was filmed on xbox where friction targeting negates any and all argument about kill compensations.

Honestly I die from bullshit and I get bullshit kills but the amount of normal deaths and kills far outweigh the dumb. And it's once in twenty or so maps will I have a lag issue. When it happens I leave the match and it's gone by next map start. Furthermore, the amount of "unskilled" players out numbers the actually "skilled" players in a COD game at all times. If you are truly skilled then you can wipe the floor with the noobs regardless of lag compensation almost every time. I know, I see it happen to me by badasses. I think the AVERAGE player who is just decent at the game is the one killing the players when it comes to compensation happening.

Also, the only real complaint I have on lag is replays. The replays are so lagged that half the time it looks shady as fuck.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2013-02-17 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I watched the video and I dont see the correlation between your comment and the film. The video shows a guy using one of the hardest hitting weapons in the game to kill bad players.

Honestly I die from bullshit and I get bullshit kills but the amount of normal deaths and kills far outweigh the dumb. And it's once in twenty or so maps will I have a lag issue. When it happens I leave the match and it's gone by next map start. Furthermore, the amount of "unskilled" players out numbers the actually "skilled" players in a COD game at all times. If you are truly skilled then you can wipe the floor with the noobs regardless of lag compensation almost every time. I know, I see it happen to me by badasses. I think the AVERAGE player who is just decent at the game is the one killing the players when it comes to compensation happening.

Also, the only real complaint I have on lag is replays. The replays are so lagged that half the time it looks shady as fuck.
    The peacekeeper one of the hardest hitting guns, its the weakest of the SMGs but the most accurate, it isnt a knock down weapon. Secondly if you can't see how bad the aim is did you really watch the film? The game is giving kills away, no game of the sales level or supposed finesse has anywhere near this poor of hit detection and lag compensation. Now lag compensation works w/ hit detection in FPS games, but its not supposed to support 100ms+ pings like this does.

Lag issues and lag compensation are completely different, and if you watch the kills 90% of them are not anywhere near target. As it stands now you have over half a second of lag compensation which in essence in terms of gaming enhances the size of a hitbox during movement, its way to severe in COD, and I havent even started with the developers finally admitting the Headshot kills take 2-3 shots w/ anything not labeled a sniper rifle.

To the Killcam statements, the kill cams show what the game saw when he killed you, the shady kills you speak of were that shady. Think of those times you run around a corner and get 3 hit markers np and then 1 shot killed, but the killcam shows him unloading his weapon when all he showed on your screen was a single shot, this is the lag compensation.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2013-02-17 at 04:04 PM.

The peacekeeper one of the hardest hitting guns, its the weakest of the SMGs but the most accurate, it isnt a knock down weapon. Secondly if you can't see how bad the aim is did you really watch the film? The game is giving kills away, no game of the sales level or supposed finesse has anywhere near this poor of hit detection and lag compensation. Now lag compensation works w/ hit detection in FPS games, but its not supposed to support 100ms+ pings like this does.

Lag issues and lag compensation are completely different, and if you watch the kills 90% of them are not anywhere near target. As it stands now you have over half a second of lag compensation which in essence in terms of gaming enhances the size of a hitbox during movement, its way to severe in COD, and I havent even started with the developers finally admitting the Headshot kills take 2-3 shots w/ anything not labeled a sniper rifle.

To the Killcam statements, the kill cams show what the game saw when he killed you, the shady kills you speak of were that shady. Think of those times you run around a corner and get 3 hit markers np and then 1 shot killed, but the killcam shows him unloading his weapon when all he showed on your screen was a single shot, this is the lag compensation.
    Watched it again. He was getting hit markers on target. The lag comp only looked funny a few times when he jerked around his aiming to hit moving targets and even then, the bad players he was against just stopped moving so he could finish them off. The Peacemaker, which I haven't used yet, seems average to me. I mistook it for another weapon when I said hardest hitting.

The people he was playing were terrible. He was putting 4+ rounds into most targets before they went down, which is what the peacemaker does. Other guns kill faster either because they shoot faster or because they hit harder, but acting like the peacemaker won't put people down is foolish. The few times he put less than that into people they could very well have been hurt previously. It isn't as if we saw their killcams and know they weren't red before he started firing at them. He also clearly has FMJ on and I would guess extended clip.

I do agree that the host compensation is there, I do much better when I'm 4 barring but not host as opposed to when I'm host.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    The people he was playing were terrible. He was putting 4+ rounds into most targets before they went down, which is what the peacemaker does. Other guns kill faster either because they shoot faster or because they hit harder, but acting like the peacemaker won't put people down is foolish. The few times he put less than that into people they could very well have been hurt previously. It isn't as if we saw their killcams and know they weren't red before he started firing at them. He also clearly has FMJ on and I would guess extended clip.

I do agree that the host compensation is there, I do much better when I'm 4 barring but not host as opposed to when I'm host.
    The problem is 4 bar means nothing in this game. I know the older COD's Blops and Mw2 it did have a meaning but atm unless you are 2 bar its not a reliable source, the compensation is way too strong. Peacekeeper is actually a wet noodle in terms of damage its more similar to the M27 than anything else, only offering it has is less impact on peripheral vision when ADS. The gun in question was Extended mag stock, no FMJ, and it is arguable that no extended mags and you will never go more than 1-1 in terms of KDR as the PK just does not have the power to roll people.

Hosting has a lot to do with the game and how it prioritizes the hosts outgoing information, I do notice as host I die faster than anything, but if im not host its not an issue. The problem is I notice these giveaway kills from my own pov, not just others. It is just gross to get a W like that. The video is also from the theater which is killcam data not screencapture of the player, all of this footage would have looked more or less precise in multiple instances. I'd also note on the playing against terrible players remark that the team was losing the entire game only to make a skin of the teeth comeback. It just isn't an argument Blops2 has too much lee way on the aim situation.

The problem is 4 bar means nothing in this game. I know the older COD's Blops and Mw2 it did have a meaning but atm unless you are 2 bar its not a reliable source, the compensation is way too strong. Peacekeeper is actually a wet noodle in terms of damage its more similar to the M27 than anything else, only offering it has is less impact on peripheral vision when ADS. The gun in question was Extended mag stock, no FMJ, and it is arguable that no extended mags and you will never go more than 1-1 in terms of KDR as the PK just does not have the power to roll people.
    I'm surprised at the number of kills he gets through surfaces then if he isn't using FMJ. I run silenced/fmj PK and go well over a 1 KDR. The PK hits hard up close but it does loose damage at range.
    Hosting has a lot to do with the game and how it prioritizes the hosts outgoing information, I do notice as host I die faster than anything, but if im not host its not an issue. The problem is I notice these giveaway kills from my own pov, not just others. It is just gross to get a W like that. The video is also from the theater which is killcam data not screencapture of the player, all of this footage would have looked more or less precise in multiple instances. I'd also note on the playing against terrible players remark that the team was losing the entire game only to make a skin of the teeth comeback. It just isn't an argument Blops2 has too much lee way on the aim situation.
    I agree. As I said I'd prefer to have 4bar connection but not be host, and I can tell the difference between 4 and 3 bar, especially when sniping or using a semi-auto. I would also note that I wish they would turn the lag comp down a bit because you can certainly tell when someone is getting it, and if that person is good it is quite frustrating to put 5+ rounds at where you see them on your screen then falling over dead because they were actually well to one side.

Anyway, I'm seeing everyone and their mother using LMGs now. I mean I know they are obscene, but it just leads to a rise in people laying on their face in a corner with a silenced LMG.

Anyway, I'm seeing everyone and their mother using LMGs now. I mean I know they are obscene, but it just leads to a rise in people laying on their face in a corner with a silenced LMG.
    It's similar in PC now too with LMGs. It's funny how the game has evolved in what is the flavor of the month from weapon to weapon, which to me is a sign of weapon balance. Honestly LMG with TF is easily countered compared to laser smg as all you have to do is avoid the camp.

It's similar in PC now too with LMGs. It's funny how the game has evolved in what is the flavor of the month from weapon to weapon, which to me is a sign of weapon balance. Honestly LMG with TF is easily countered compared to laser smg as all you have to do is avoid the camp.
    Sure if only one person is doing it. When you have 4+ people on other team just camping watching doorways it becomes very frustrating when you like to run around, or even move around, the map. Especially if they have Tac Mask on and change position after a couple kills.

What SMG needs a laser? Who uses lasers? Why waste an entire point on that garbage?

MSMC - Ext mag + QD, QD+Stock, or QD+Supp ( Laser is worthless the guns too accurate)
    PDW - Supp+QD not that you even need attachments on this animal
    Chico - LB+QD, LB+Sight, or Supp+QD
    MP7 - QM+Supp, QM+QD, or QM+Ext

This can go on forever, if you cant hipfire w/o a laser then you shouldn't even try nor should you play FPS.

Sure if only one person is doing it. When you have 4+ people on other team just camping watching doorways it becomes very frustrating when you like to run around, or even move around, the map. Especially if they have Tac Mask on and change position after a couple kills.
    I'd say avoiding a camp spot is harder to do against an SMG camping than an LMG. The entire point of the LMG TF combo is to knock down people from a good distance making you a bit harder to avoid, running into a room w/ a guy sitting there w/ an SMG is and easy kill always they cant shoulder it fast enough to be accurate and the spray is just bad.

Just look at the gameplay

What SMG needs a laser? Who uses lasers? Why waste an entire point on that garbage?
    People use lasers. I see it all the time. I don't use it because I ADS with everything.

Peacekeeper Video

Deleted
    Have played BO2 for 22 hours about 99 days ago, I guess it's time to give it a go again.

Is host migration on X360 still a big problem?B

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Have played BO2 for 22 hours about 99 days ago, I guess it's time to give it a go again.

Is host migration on X360 still a big problem?B
    Host migration is only a prob when p***ies getting stomped cry and quit midgame. Im only rocking 397 spm in core TDM and it happens a lot to me but I just grin and keep going. I was doing World Series TDM and I lost half my team because they dashboarded from going negative but I still won the matches. Happened 3 times. Host migrations only happen when A) The host bitches out or B) The hosts comnection is so bad that it reconnects so people aren't 2barring.

People use lasers. I see it all the time. I don't use it because I ADS with everything.

Peacekeeper Video

With the peacekeeper recoil so low w/o attachments, does it really need a grip?