A friend told me to try out a freezing pulse build on my shadow. I'm only level 7 at the moment but it seems to be doing extremely low damage. Any other build suggestions? Keep in mind im pretty new to the game and still figuring things out.

Quote Originally Posted by TOBY View Post
    A friend told me to try out a freezing pulse build on my shadow. I'm only level 7 at the moment but it seems to be doing extremely low damage. Any other build suggestions? Keep in mind im pretty new to the game and still figuring things out.
    Freezing Pulse picks up in damage as you level. All spells start off weak-ish. Once you pump XP into the gem and get Lesser Multiple Projectiles to link with Freezing Pulse things change dramatically.

Most skills in the game are only powerful when used in combination with other gems, passives and gear. Can't have in your mind what Freezing Pulse is like on it's own only. It doesn't work like that.

Try this for some early game power:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...UEAuOvmwelnqE=

Should be easy to build and give you a basic idea of how to play/skills work. Might need to respec at some point. Though it's a good "basic" outline for softcore.

Later on, more advance builds aimed for long term play will be more easily recognized.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-19 at 07:03 AM.

Going to hit a bit of an impasse with the frost witch, will be going with CI once i start getting enough energy shield and i would like more resistances.

the build currently, was going to head over to the shield node under zealots oath and grab the 30% resists from there...will need to get a tad more dex and some strength as i use a dagger for the added crit chance and want to use spell totem for summon skeles

Deleted
    I've started a staff-wielding Templar with Ice Nova and Sweep. Does that sound like it could have end-game potential?

Currently most melee builds aren't quite as able to handle end game as well as the more ranged builds but I know of a couple of high templars with staff builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Going to hit a bit of an impasse with the frost witch, will be going with CI once i start getting enough energy shield and i would like more resistances.

the build currently, was going to head over to the shield node under zealots oath and grab the 30% resists from there...will need to get a tad more dex and some strength as i use a dagger for the added crit chance and want to use spell totem for summon skeles
    I'm aiming for this to be my build, though I'll be swapping Chaos Resist for CI once I get my ES up there (probably around L50ish). If need be, I'm close to two of the resist nodes (6% and and 15% for 2 eles), but I've not needed them thus far, as I can swap my rings for a boss fight, though I've not been to Cruel Piety yet. There are a few more ES nodes up near CI that I'll be getting as well, then I'll be focusing on crit after that.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 08:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    you don't mind the traps?
    Nah, I've got a trapper I've been playing. Admittedly, it is MUCH slower than any other character I have played. I'm still looking at how to build a dual LW-Totem that will actually do some damage as well as survive, since it'll take me well into Cruel before the build starts to fall into place. Then the question is how much lightning/elemental damage vs survivability nodes, which class do I choose, etc.

They really need to fix desync issue. One of my new char died from recently, I was apparently surrounded by monsters few seconds before it let me know I was lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game really needs some pants, or at least more bodies that include pants. After 70 levels, my templar still looks like a complete retard >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    This game really needs some pants, or at least more bodies that include pants. After 70 levels, my templar still looks like a complete retard >.>
    As a pantless individual, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I haven't worn pants in at least 5 years. Well, there was one time I had to wear pants to a fancy restaurant about two years ago, but other than that, no pants.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laikai View Post
    Currently most melee builds aren't quite as able to handle end game as well as the more ranged builds but I know of a couple of high templars with staff builds.
    Melee is hard mode *giggle* IMO anyway haha!

Question: Has anyone played with Spark supported by a Trap gem? At work and can't test it out, but I was wondering if the target gets hit by all the sparks, or if they shoot out in random directions, possibly missing the target completely. Trying to think of a good single target damage trap to use to support a dual LW totem. I may just end up using Bear Trap with added Lightning Damage, since I'll be boosting my lightning damage a bit through passives, I just wanted to be a little more creative.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could test it out. Think I have a trap gem laying around.

Edit: The target that activates it gets hit by the sparks. Any sparks that remain or miss do the usual meandering about.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2013-02-19 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So check this out I found this amazing dagger apparently

I sold it to this person who REALLY REALLY wanted it like DAYUM

Let the currency flow

KEKEKE

Deleted
    You got all that for that dagger? WTF

Like, my mind is just having a big wtf right now.

Double crit stats on softcore with high phys mod. Probably an EK caster.

Deleted
    Bwah, just wasted 16 chaos orbs on a wand to get some decent elemental damage stats...but nope ^^
    Should have just bought one.

Ah well, name of the game (:

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    I could test it out. Think I have a trap gem laying around.

Edit: The target that activates it gets hit by the sparks. Any sparks that remain or miss do the usual meandering about.
    Thanks, that helps me out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uber vaal ( Map vaal ) Just annihilated my party ._.

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Uber vaal ( Map vaal ) Just annihilated my party ._.
    I see a reoccurring theme here, perhaps you guys should try out hardcore for a while to practice the whole not dying thing.