Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Helm Of Hungering Darkness

After Suncrown and Helm of Endless Winter, we now got the third Helm called Hungering Darkness. I think this is the last unique Helm, enchant or w/e it is, but probably connected to Wrathion Legendary quest line...

Helm Icon

Interesting.... but I doubt it's related to Wrathion or the legendary meta gems. I just don't see where itwould fit in.

Also, how do you download the patches before they're available to the launcher?

Have script on my server that check out for new PTR Build, even if Blizzard change the file storage directory.

Anyway it is just my guess that it is related to Wrathion Legendary Gems :/ Or maybe this shit will be crafted and then u can use it as replica to transform current Head slot.

Second tough that those gems, when trigger each ability, those looks will show instead of your helm, so the Players know when to runaway in PvP :P

Capacitive Primal Diamond
    Courageous Primal Diamond
    Indomitable Primal Diamond
    Sinister Primal Diamond

PvP Gem but not legnedary color
    Tyrannical Primal Diamond

Now all those gems can trigger next:
    Clearcasting Trigger
    Fortitude Trigger
    Haste Trigger
    Lightning Strike Charges Trigger
    Last edited by Stiven; 2013-02-19 at 04:48 PM.

Well if I see there 4 legendaries, should we expect one more head unique model???

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPassanger View Post
    Well if I see there 4 legendaries, should we expect one more head unique model???
    If we do not see 4th, then we can only guess it will be Thunder King Helm, since there is the model for all races...
    And Lighting Strike Charges Trigger can be related to it :P

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but right now the Crown of Thunder is a gem, not an actual legendary helm. So these models remain a mystery...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Sorry but right now the Crown of Thunder is a gem, not an actual legendary helm. So these models remain a mystery...
    But maybe it is an effect that will be show when those gems trigger ability ?

Deleted
    Where ever these things dropp, i want um

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    But maybe it is an effect that will be show when those gems trigger ability ?
    Could be. But IDK why it would be listed as a helm instead of as an animation, then. I doubt it would change the whole appearance of your helm just for a single proc.

I find it unlikely because:

1) These helms are all inventory items, not spell effects. They even have inventory icons.
    2) None of the helms have "birth" or "death" animations.
    3) Blizzard won't like to force a helmet change on players.

Also I don't think the Thunder King crown is related to the other 3. The crown looks to have been intended as a raid drop but was later scrapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

1) These helms are all inventory items, not spell effects.

Also I don't think the Thunder King crown is related to the other 3. The crown looks to have been intended as a raid drop but was later scrapped.
    Mogu use the Draenei skeleton, could be they use helm models like a Draenei does... So the thunder king helm could just be for his model.

Mogu use the Draenei skeleton, could be they use helm models like a Draenei does... So the thunder king helm could just be for his model.
    Nah, the "real" crown is built into Lei Shen's model. Mogu can't equip normal armour.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-02-19 at 05:08 PM.

I check the model of thunderking, and it does not load any of helm_plate_moguthinderking... It has it own as a character model.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

1) These helms are all inventory items, not spell effects. They even have inventory icons.

I don't think it was scrapped.

We had to recover three relics for the Thunder King - helm, spear, and axe.

The spear and the axe drop in the raid, so it stands to reason the helm will as well.

Comming soon to a Blizzard Digital Store near you! Transmog helms 9.99$ each is my guess with special vanity procs!
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I don't think it was scrapped.

We had to recover three relics for the Thunder King - helm, spear, and axe.

The spear and the axe drop in the raid, so it stands to reason the helm will as well.
    The reason I say the Thunder King Crown has been scrapped is because the art has been in the files since the very first PTR build and it has not yet been added to any item, nor has any icon appeared for it. Blizzard will usually assign art to an item the same time they add it to the files, but they've ignored this completely and left it unassigned.

Compared to the Suncrown for example; the art, item and icon were all added at the same time.

Blizzard do not just abandon things in the files that they intend to use; this has happened before with other gear. Typically if new model art goes this long without attention it will end up not be used at all.

The Thunder King does drop an item called The Doomed Crown of Lei-Shen but it's just the Warrior T15 helm. This item was added long after the Thunder Crown was - if Blizzard intended to use it here they would have.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-02-19 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Comming soon to a Blizzard Digital Store near you! Transmog helms 9.99$ each is my guess with special vanity procs!
    Hahahah

Blizzard will usually assign art to an item the same time they add it to the files, but they've ignored this completely and left it unassigned.
    Kind a true, there is no icon for this helm model :/

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    Hahahah
    Sadly im not joking too much, i can see blizz trying store only transmog with these and seeing how they sell.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Im kinda wondering if these helms will drop off Ra-den.

I think we already have Ra-Den Loot table ?