Poll: Which class do you think is going to get this school of magic?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question 5.2 (Life) Blood Magic, work of the Titans: Where is this heading?

As of 5.2, we notice that the Sunreavers/Blood Elves get their hands on the Dark Animus apparatus and are capable of studying blood/life magic as Lor'themar implies. Like we've seen with Warlocks, schools of magic tend to be adapted by player classes and the Sunreavers, as a group of arcanists, get their hands on a new one.

According to that info, in which class do you think this type of magic will end up to? Mages or Warlocks? Or would you propose an alternative?

Blood mages for the horde, Electrocuters for the alliance (Jaina is getting her hands on Lei Shen's weapon). New classes would essentially be the same but differ visually.

I don't think anyone will start using titan blood for magic in-game. lorthemar theron will probably just have his blood magi make a lot of their own version of the dark animus (which I will call "fabulous animus")
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Studying life magic for the bloodelves means, bloodelf druids. Next expansion. Yes.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-02-19 at 05:55 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not life magic, Mages are not becoming healers. Stop twisting things to suit desires for a 4th spec.

This is what the Mogu are using to animate their statues. The BElves took it for two reasons:

1. Prevent Garrosh from getting it
    2. BElves love their animated statues
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Studying life magic for the bloodelves means, bloodelf druids. Next expansion. Yes.
    And I would love this. I might race change my druid depending on how much I like their forms and such.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

/facepalm.

its blood magic, and in this case its also used to unnaturally mutate and shape life.

what it likely will mean is blood elf mage will be able to change the model of their spells eventually, and thats being generous.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It's not life magic, Mages are not becoming healers. Stop twisting things to suit desires for a 4th spec.

This is what the Mogu are using to animate their statues. The BElves took it for two reasons:

1. Prevent Garrosh from getting it
    2. BElves love their animated statues
    actually there's a bit of missinformation here:

1 - blood magic IS life magic. fel magic is also life magic. the difference is that these magics use life energy as a source of power, sacrificing it. you can see about the relationship between life energy and fel magic in the world of warcraft comics, especially the parts concerning meryl felstorm and that blood elf warlock whose name I forgot. it is completely opposite to druidism and shamanism, but it's still life magic;

2 - the mogu don't use blood to animate their statues. they use souls for that. blood is used as a power source for machines, like the dark animus.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    /facepalm.

its blood magic, and in this case its also used to unnaturally mutate and shape life.

what it likely will mean is blood elf mage will be able to change the model of their spells eventually, and thats being generous.
    To be fair, the Blood Elf version of Paladins and Priests didn't exactly adhere to the whole "goodness" and subservience to the Light and all that.

That said, I don't think any of those will happen. At all.

Dragon Age! It can get out of control and spawn demons! Darkspawn will invade Azeroth!

It fits warlocks much more than mages of course.

Please I can only hope!

You might want to have a nobody option for your poll. A new type of ability in the game doesn't mean it will trickle down to players or npcs that are currently in the game for that matter.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    To be fair, the Blood Elf version of Paladins and Priests didn't exactly adhere to the whole "goodness" and subservience to the Light and all that.

That said, I don't think any of those will happen. At all.
    that was true up until patch 2.4, they are now drawing power given by the light from the sunwell.

I didn't think blood magic was something new to WoW.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Blood_Wizard
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Defias_Blood_Wizard

Then there's this, http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:A_Bloo...oo_%28Horde%29, which implies that blood elf Blood Mages actually use blood as a magical reagent, which would make it a little odd for them to consider the Dark Animus to be something completely novel.

Then of course, there's the entire Blood wing in ICC. And the DK Blood spec. And several warlock spells - health funnel and blood fear among them, follow the general theme.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2013-02-19 at 06:10 PM.

Deleted
    The idea of a Hemomancy, Sanguinarian spec/class excites me, I do hope it goes that way.. but I doubt it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    The idea of a Hemomancy, Sanguinarian spec/class excites me, I do hope it goes that way.. but I doubt it.
    Since a mage-type class would be wearing cloth, it won't happen any time soon. Last thing we need is 4 clothies but only 2 mail...ies...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Isn't this fel or necromancy(which is also connected to the legion) magic? To take living things or blood and convert it to magic? Thats why warlocks use blood fear life tap and other life draining spells.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Isn't this fel or necromancy(which is also connected to the legion) magic? To take living things or blood and convert it to magic? Thats why warlocks use blood fear life tap and other life draining spells.
    Titans use life magic as well ,they shape races after all, so the teaching itself isn't evil, how it is used makes the difference.

Mages.

All I can think of with Blood Magic are Blood Mages from Dragon Age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    I didn't think blood magic was something new to WoW.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Blood_Wizard
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Defias_Blood_Wizard

Then there's this, http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:A_Bloo...oo_%28Horde%29, which implies that blood elf Blood Mages actually use blood as a magical reagent, which would make it a little odd for them to consider the Dark Animus to be something completely novel.

Then of course, there's the entire Blood wing in ICC. And the DK Blood spec. And several warlock spells - health funnel and blood fear among them, follow the general theme.
    Good points, these.

What makes this significant is the nature of the blood in question, and what it'll allow those who control it to do.