Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Firstly you don't know me and if you check the paladin forums I think i make larger contributions the the game and my class then you could imagine. And have to be exalted with everything? No not really hell I bought like 2 vendor items. Man that was one tough grind. I did get exalted tho because man. I love mounts.
    Being a Ret is rare enough, let alone heroic raiding. Downed heroic sha 3 weeks ago and our two ret are both holy now since everyone pretty much raped the ret in dps so gratz on keeping your raid spot. You are wasting your time on most of these replies because to some this game is incredibly difficult or they dont want to look anything up to learn their class. They will have alts, pets they farmed, pvp, etc but cant find 10-15min to learn how to play the spec/class.

Deleted
    [x] The community is bad
    [x] We should feel bad

Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    this so much.

and i personally feel more involved with the wow community more than ever in this expansion. /shrug

people have been assholes forever, and it isn't moreso than before either.
    What's ironic is that someone can label someone a asshole but when they are of people of the same mindset and goals they are seen as a really good player and good friend. Blending different personalities and people with much different goals usually doesn't end very well. There is so much information available to get better but people choose to not get better. People that want to push progression will be labeled elitist if they don't act a certain way to sastify a total strangers opinion. Fact is if you play with people that are going after the same goals as you, the community is great and i have to say top progression guilds help each other out with guides and talking between them. We talk about class/spec changes and what we are going to do but we dont talk boss strats but that is the community i know and that I am involved with.

So if that is elitist I guess i am but these are people that play the game the same as i do with the same goals. That doesnt mix well with someone who wants progression but doesn't want to get better to do it.

Stupid Zoidberg meme.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    Being a Ret is rare enough, let alone heroic raiding. Downed heroic sha 3 weeks ago and our two ret are both holy now since everyone pretty much raped the ret in dps so gratz on keeping your raid spot. You are wasting your time on most of these replies because to some this game is incredibly difficult or they dont want to look anything up to learn their class. They will have alts, pets they farmed, pvp, etc but cant find 10-15min to learn how to play the spec/class.
    TBC sunwell vet rets tend to be ahead of the curb on most of the playerbase. Their mostly extinct now. Game gettin old.

What's ironic is that someone can label someone a asshole but when they are of people of the same mindset and goals they are seen as a really good player and good friend. Blending different personalities and people with much different goals usually doesn't end very well. There is so much information available to get better but people choose to not get better. People that want to push progression will be labeled elitist if they don't act a certain way to sastify a total strangers opinion. Fact is if you play with people that are going after the same goals as you, the community is great and i have to say top progression guilds help each other out with guides and talking between them. We talk about class/spec changes and what we are going to do but we dont talk boss strats but that is the community i know and that I am involved with.

So if that is elitist I guess i am but these are people that play the game the same as i do with the same goals. That doesnt mix well with someone who wants progression but doesn't want to get better to do it.
    i dont quite see how someone who wants to be a heroic raider and someone who just wants to do lfr would ever conflict with eachother. unless someones mouthing off in chat in which case unless you're wiping or its causing problems its the fault of whoever said something first for causing drama O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont quite see how someone who wants to be a heroic raider and someone who just wants to do lfr would ever conflict with eachother. unless someones mouthing off in chat in which case unless you're wiping or its causing problems its the fault of whoever said something first for causing drama O-O
    The blunt answer is that I enjoy flaunting things they can never have in game. I do it frequently when I'm bored. I'm not proud of it but it does produce laughs. Hell it happened in this thread even as a great example and i didn't even insult the dude on page 2 but he was full of hate and rage.

Not trying to troll, hell not trying to flame it's just honesty and to each their own.

The community is identical to any other large game community out there. Mostly negative people post on forums and it goes this way for every large community. Nothing to do with the game at all really. The internet brings out the retard in negative people.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    The community is identical to any other large game community out there. Mostly negative people post on forums and it goes this way for every large community. Nothing to do with the game at all really. The internet brings out the retard in negative people.
    I think one of the best quotes from random BG was "I'm the only one in this team. With a fucking double digit IQ. You morons." never go full retard when you rage lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancyfeast View Post
    Can we do anything to remedy that though? Or is it just as in real life? "Some people are nice, and some are jerks. Just do your best to avoid the a-holes?"
    Pretty much how it is. So "we" shouldn't feel bad. It's nature, every species has it's nice ones and it's bad ones.

I doubt WoW's community is worse than communities of SC2, DotA or LoL - aka far more competitive games. In SC2 community you can't even open your mouth unless you're grandmaster or you'll be bashed severely (f.x. a gold player makes a topic, a platinum will come and bash him for being gold, then a master will come and bash both of them. It's hilarious, really). LoL and DotA are infested by wanna-be pro kiddos flaming and trolling. MMORPGs are not competitive games (unless you have an unhealthy obsession with the game or are racing for server/region/world firsts), hence the communities are certainly much better.

to me, an asshole is someone who goes out of their way to make people feel terrible. i don't conflate that type of behavior with those who are so-called elitist and strive to do the best at the game and expect people they play with to do so as well.
    Sig by Populaire

I would say 80% of the community consists of kids from 13-20 who are sarcastic, narcissistic, know it all, elitist, power hungry, opinionated, manchild, mean hearted people who only care about themselves and not others due to poor family life, poor living conditions, no job, the type of public school that they went to, outcasts, anti-social, out of shape and with no vision of there future to better themselves. Just plain and simple... losers. ( and believe me, I've come across many of them since I started playing in 2007-- even real life ex-friends )

The other 20% is the exact opposite.

The community isn't bad and nor should we feel bad,

the thing that happens here is over generalizing. Yes there is a good portion that is somewhat rotten, but only this makes it to the highlights. Taking my own guild for example, we help eachother out, we take allong puggers all the time (only thing they need is be friendly). Things like that. I am in serveral guilds spread among serveral servers all like this. And I know many other guilds who do the same. There is a good group of friendly and social players, but their light is dimmed out by the rotten bit that spams the forums/chat with swears etc.

Those people should feel bad, the rest of us. Not so much.

Like I said, it is generalizing saying that everyone in the community is bad, while only a small bit really is. Negativity just makes it to the daylight earlier.

Last example: Why would someone make a forum topic about the friendly priest healer who played his hardest but just couldn't pull the hps and say: Well he was a friendly and good person, so no harm! He is awesome!

People just don't bring the cool people to the light and only the scrub that QQ's and swears is seen. It isn't the community that is bad, it is the observers who are.

My stance regarding the WoW community mirrors that of a great Abraham Lincoln quote:

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the WoW community sucks. This isn't exclusive to WoW though, online communities have a tendency of being bad due to the anonimity factor, and it's not a recent thing either. No, you shouldn't feel bad for it, just don't stoop to the jackasses' level.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    He compared Vanilla raiding to LFR. Gee I wonder why he's unhappy without needing to coordinate shit. Try joining an RBG team or a competitive heroic raid group.
    What a tool. Oh and yes dallies that entire month it took to get everything to exalted. That is some grind. Shit but this guy played in Vanilla that should be childs play to farming consumables for 5 hours and getting 40 bodies only and the hardest part of early tier raid bosses was not falling asleep or farming rediculous loads of resist sets. What compelling gameplay.
    This is too true.

People who on one hand claim to have played in Vanilla and gloat about how great it was, but then on the other hand whine that current WoW with so many dailies is too "grindy" and/or "time-consuming". If someone was capable of doing it in Classic and claims it was awesome back then, then I see no reason to complain about it now. And don't give me that crap that "it was fun back then but dailies are just sooooo dull and boring", because that's complete and utter bullshit, or in other words, lying for the sake of bashing the game now.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-19 at 06:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the people you play with, if i'm in a random dungeon or battleground, I start with saying: Hello!
    And if i get some responses which i don't get at battlegrounds 90% of time, But most times i do at dungeons, i start a chat =), And 50/50 we talk whole dungeon, if not then well then nobody is ever tallking xD

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman View Post
    I doubt WoW's community is worse than communities of SC2, DotA or LoL - aka far more competitive games. In SC2 community you can't even open your mouth unless you're grandmaster or you'll be bashed severely (f.x. a gold player makes a topic, a platinum will come and bash him for being gold, then a master will come and bash both of them. It's hilarious, really). LoL and DotA are infested by wanna-be pro kiddos flaming and trolling. MMORPGs are not competitive games (unless you have an unhealthy obsession with the game or are racing for server/region/world firsts), hence the communities are certainly much better.
    Why do you consider it unhealthy? I am not sitting there smoking or drinking like most of my friends. I work out every day and in everything i do i push to see how far I can go or how good I can be. I am the same way with WOW, and it doesn't take up much time except at the beginning of new content then things quickly slow down to 1 day a week full clear or not at all once you have the gear you need. Some people play every game to be the best they can be and push the limits, i do because if I dont i get rather bored with a game because in all honesty the hardest part nowadays is finding other top tier players to recruit since the game is simple.

Some people play a game to try and be the best and some would like to but cant while others simply log in for more of the social aspect.

Deleted
    Spend a few hours in random dungeons LFR or random battlegrounds (preferably below the lvl 90 bracket) and anyone will be convinced that wow's community is one of the worst, most immature and annoying game communities around.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Spend a few hours in random dungeons LFR or random battlegrounds (preferably below the lvl 90 bracket) and anyone will be convinced that wow's community is one of the worst, most immature and annoying game communities around.
    As I have mentioned before, I think that when totally different people are mixed together it isn't a good situation. You can have one player crushing the numbers while someone else basically auto follows and you ask about their dps only to get the typical elitist reply or mentioning of real life, the entire dungeon. I run as a guild and guild only because of just this, if everyone contributes in a group then it goes rather well and there is no arguing but you get a 2 of the 5 leeching off the other 3 and it gets ugly.