Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wouldn't call WoW one of the best games in terms of sheer gameplay of all time, very influential, yeah, hugely brought MMOs to the forefront, definitely. Not the greatest game ever.

Though eh, subjective, most of the games on that list I've played and liked, but really, it isn't my list.

That list was invalid as soon as it said Burnout Paradise instead of Burnout Revenge

10+ Year Old Account
    So the makers of Portal made a list, they put WoW on there to have some credibility. I wonder what their criteria was? WoW I can see being in the top 10, but the rest of the do not belong there IMO. Civilization, Sim City, Duke Nukem, Doom, any GTA, these would be much more believable. Everquest I & II Diablo I & II, Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights? Baldor's Gate, Krondor? Any of these beats Prtal hands down.

OK.
    Portal, Bioshock, WoW. But what are all the others?

Deleted
    Secret of mana @ 83? Never expected that. What about Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals or Seiken Densetsu 3. These deserve a spot in the top 100 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Article lost all credibility when it didn't include at least either Half Life, Battlefield 2, Final Fantasy VIII, Worms Armageddon, Mass Effect, Tiberian Sun, Rainbow Six, Civilization, Starcraft 1, Metal Gear: Solid, Tribes or Warcraft 3 in the top 10.

WoW in #10? Why not Counter Strike? It had millions of players with not even a 1/1000th of the content WoW has overall. WoW simply expanded on Warcraft 1, 2 and 3, there's was nothing original about it. Aspects of Warcraft such as aerial, mounted, large scale and naval combat are still not even present in WoW.
    In fact, the list is irrelevant as it states "best all-time games"..

In fact, everything we play nowadays was mostly done back in the 80s with the 8-bit machines (ie. spectrum/c64) and the 16-bit machines (ie Amiga/Atari) plus any consoles around at the time, and also the arcade machines. Tbh, Space Invaders, Pacman, Defender and even Pong would make an "all time top10 best game" list.

I really do call in account the credibility of some game reviewers when they make these lists. It can't be a top anything if it doesn't include "Another World" (or "Out of This World" if you are from the US), fully expected this to be in the top 10. That game basically gave us the RPG genre as it stands. Truly spectacular in every way.

(oh right i forgot my disclaimer...*ahem* IMO)

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't follow lists of a bunch of people who I never met. I have my own opinions of what I think are great games and play what I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eldritchforeshadow View Post
    I don't follow lists of a bunch of people who I never met. I have my own opinions of what I think are great games and play what I enjoy.
    It's supposed to be interesting for discussion. Remember those? Discussions?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    It's supposed to be interesting for discussion. Remember those? Discussions?
    I have an opinion and I'm a popular person, please discuss that I think the My Little Pony app game is the best game ever.

There's much better things to have a discussion about. I believe we got a thread with top games ever somewhere, personal opinion.

Counter Strike: Source beating Counter Strike (which I don't even think was on there)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I have an opinion and I'm a popular person, please discuss that I think the My Little Pony app game is the best game ever.

There's much better things to have a discussion about. I believe we got a thread with top games ever somewhere, personal opinion.
    Um.. you're definitely in a discussion thread about the article posted in the original post. Just to clarify a little more; it's a thread in a discussion forum about a particular topic that was made abundantly clear. With these factors in mind, one may think there's a particular topic to be discussed, here. Just a hunch.

I have no idea what you're going on about.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

My top 10 list:

1. Unreal Tournament 2004
    2. Asheron's Call
    3. Quake 3
    4. Skyrim
    5. Doom 2
    6. Gran Turismo 4
    7. World of Warcraft
    8. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 / Tomb Raider (tie)
    9. Portal
    10. ICO

edit for tie goodness
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2013-02-19 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    My top 10 list:

1. Unreal Tournament 2004
    How I miss UT2004!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only games I played on the top 10 is super metroid and WoW. Why would two dorky shooter games make it on the top 10? Super Mario bros 3 instead of the original? There wouldn't be a 3 if the original wasn't so good.

Deleted
    Portal is a great game I really did enjoy it but it is no near the greatest game of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The only games I played on the top 10 is super metroid and WoW. Why would two dorky shooter games make it on the top 10? Super Mario bros 3 instead of the original? There wouldn't be a 3 if the original wasn't so good.
    There wouldn't be a lot of games if not for other games >_>

Also, you can't even remotely deny the impact wow has had on the gaming industry. From pop culture, to engaging dozens of millions of players at one point or another, to running 8 years plus. You could try to put EQ up there, but to most people, EQ means nothing. It was just an unfortunate victim of doing something earlier than a competitor, but being out marketed/outplayed. I would put UO higher on my list than WoW, but that's because I'm a biased fanboy :P

Troll list at best...

Mine would be:

1 - World of Warcraft
    2 - Starcraft II
    3 - Tetris Attack
    4 - Super Metroid
    5 - Chrono Trigger
    6 - The Legend of Zelda (Ocarina, Oracles, Majora's, Link, etc)
    7 - Mega Man X1-6 (Lacks harder difficulties =( )

Haven't played Diablo III yet... only I and II, but I think they're all around the top of the list (3rd or 4th place)

where the hell is half life?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Top three would be WoW, CoD, and Halo going by player-base.

Runescape Classic should also be in the top twenty, that game was legit.
    Last edited by muto; 2013-02-19 at 07:47 PM.