Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Confirmed, Blizzcon will be held in Anaheim, November 8-9.

Press Release:

BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT’S BLIZZCON® 2013 STORMS ANAHEIM NOVEMBER 8 AND 9

IRVINE, Calif. – February 19, 2013 – Gather your guildmates, muster your minions, and summon your swarm! Blizzard Entertainment today announced plans for its seventh BlizzCon® gaming convention, taking place Friday, November 8 and Saturday, November 9 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. For two epic days, members of Blizzard’s gaming community from around the globe will descend on Anaheim to meet, play, and celebrate their shared passion for all things Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo®.

“BlizzCon gives us a chance to connect with our players and share our latest projects in a very personal way,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “Members from all of our gaming communities have helped make this event bigger and better every time, and we look forward to meeting up and celebrating with them in November.”

In addition to serving as a gathering place for Blizzard Entertainment gaming communities, BlizzCon will offer attendees a chance to enjoy:

Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
    Global finals for Blizzard eSports, featuring top pro gamers from around the world
    In-depth discussion panels with Blizzard game developers and artists
    Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
    Community contests with great prizes
    Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
    More activities and attractions to be announced
    The previous BlizzCon was held in Anaheim in October 2011. Tickets to the event sold out in seconds, and highlights included the unveiling of the fourth World of Warcraft expansion, Mists of Pandaria®, and an epic closing concert featuring rock legends Foo Fighters.

Further details about BlizzCon 2013, including ticket availability and pricing, will be announced on the official BlizzCon website (www.blizzcon.com) as the event draws closer. Those interested in attending the show in person can make advance hotel reservations now and receive special BlizzCon rates by booking through the BlizzCon hotel website.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...medium=twitter
    November 7th is my birthday so I guess I know what I will be doing this year.

Ok last question, do tickets go on sale in a few days or months?

Biggest Blizzcon to date.

Titan revealed. Diablo 3 expansion almost released. WoW expansion revealed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Or before. Who said SoO was T16? No one. They said we get a legendary in T16, not that T16 is SoO.
    it will be after. at start of legendary questchain Wrathion speaks about incoming major threat to Azeroth, but first we need to deal with some minor problems, and with his great interest in Horde/Alliance I strongly believe he means Garrosh and war.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    I thought Project Titan was Bungie's "Destiny", Halo-like FPS MMO. Bungie said they will bring the game to consoles and PCs.

Titan has been rumored to be FPS MMO as well. I doubt Activision/Blizzard would have two competing FPS MMOs.
    Pretty sure there is plenty of room in the market for multiple games of this type.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    it will be after. at start of legendary questchain Wrathion speaks about incoming major threat to Azeroth, but first we need to deal with some minor problems, and with his great interest in Horde/Alliance I strongly believe he means Garrosh and war.
    So we get the legendary in T16 as preperation for stopping Garrosh in T17.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Pretty sure there is plenty of room in the market for multiple games of this type.
    Why the hell do you think a game made by Bungie is Titan, a game being made by Blizzard?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Axxy View Post
    Lol, a D3 expac.... Is anyone still playing that turd?

Titan news would be welcome though.....
    What do you care? Please lets not start with the Blizzard bashing. If you are unhappy with any of their games just keep it to yourself as this thread should have no interest to you at all whatsoever.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt View Post
    Biggest Blizzcon to date.

Titan revealed. Diablo 3 expansion almost released. WoW expansion revealed.
    Titan would overshadow the other two titles.

Save it for next year when all there'll be is more unit balances in the next SC2 expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

real money cash shops, have no place in subscription games. Period

Says who? It may not be something you like and want in a game but there is no hard and fast rule stating you can only have a cash shop in a game if there is no subscription.

Deleted
    [/COLOR]
    Says who? It may not be something you like and want in a game but there is no hard and fast rule stating you can only have a cash shop in a game if there is no subscription.
    says who? probably like 99% of wow playerbase I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyisnotdead View Post
    The project titan I'm not so believing. if it was going to be a next gen mmo there would be an entire communication strategy for it. As of right now its not even a whisper or a cryptic message about it.

Although the amount of titan story line in wow makes me think its xpack at this point.
    And what makes you think the silence on Titan isn't a part of a communication strategy? Keep in mind the game is at least 1-2 years from being released so there is nothing to gain for Blizzard to say anything about it yet.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 04:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    All you people lamenting being so far away and the costs of plane tickets and hotels shouldn't be too disappointed. I live 5 miles from Anaheim and I probably won't be able to go because Blizzcon tickets sell out in seconds anyway.
    I have heard there are some amazing after parties though that are nearly worth the trip itself even if you can't get into Blizzcon.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 04:22 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

says who? probably like 99% of wow playerbase I guess.
    I was talking about games in general not just Wow. Or do you not realize there are other games other than Wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have heard there are some amazing after parties though that are nearly worth the trip itself even if you can't get into Blizzcon.
    Truestory: I've never gone to any of them. I'm a boring ol' square and am always anxious to get home to bed. I did stop by the WoW Insider party once because a friend was going, but that was on the Thursday night after we picked up tickets, so it was early.

I guess this year I should probably go to the Curse party though

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by bugzilla3 View Post
    Ok last question, do tickets go on sale in a few days or months?
    It will be in a few months, probably June. Tickets for the last Blizzcon went on sale the last week of May, and that year Blizzcon was in October. So somewhere between five and six months before the event is when to expect ticket sales.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to go to a Blizzcon sometime, but I may do the Live-Stream this year. Big conference events are always fun though, even if you aren't there. E3 is my favorite week every year, just to see all of the new stuff and all of the announcements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

SC2 will not be there (Other than progamers. HotS will be only have been released for half year).

It would announce new WoW xpac(timing is just right), plus either Titan or Allstars(could be both), and possibly D3 xpac as well.

Oh boy oh boy! Let the countdown begin! I may actually fly down there this year for it xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't think so at all.

The game has been in development for a long time and has had a dedicated team for at least a few years. That's certainly not enough to estimate release anytime soon, especially with Blizzard's infamously slow pace but it's absolutely enough time for them to do a reveal. They might not have any gameplay trailers since it likely is too early in development for that, but certainly they could have a cinematic trailer and some general information about the game, their design theme, goals for the game, etc.

How long before WoW's release was the game announced? Quite some time. Although I didn't follow WoW from the start -- I only joined a few months after release -- I seem to recall the original release trailer was all cinematic work.

I'm not saying they will announce titan this year (I think next year is a bit more likely), but I think this year is completely possible.
    It is rather unlikely Titan will be revealed.

Here are some reasons:

1. Morhaime said that after the SC2 expansion (launched early March), they'll concentrate to get BaS out. Blizzard is in DIRE need for a free to play DOTA kind of game with all the heroes of the Blizzard universe.

2. Diablo 3 needs a new expansion announced (and Morhaime confirmed the expansion already in Nov). Not only because D3 after its initial flak is rather going in the right direction and so needs an expansion, but also because Blizzard will launch it on consoles before Christmas. D3 on consoles with patches 1.03 to 1.07 included is dynamite in a world of consoles which simply lack a decent H&S.

3. WOW needs a new expansion announcement, since MoP will be 14-15 months old by then already. They clearly stated they will launch new WOW expansions shorter to each other, so that's a certainty already.

With ALL the 3 moves/announcements above, it is EXCLUDED that they will talk much about Titan, because the mere mentioning of its subject would put the other 3 projects right into oblivion in the NEWS media.

4. Rob Pardo declared multiple times that they want to get rid of the old habit of announcing games TOO SOON. SC2 was postponed more than 6 months and Diablo 3 was postponed several times which clearly was not desirable.

So the earliest Blizzard will talk about Titan is when it will be playable in extensive Alfa/closed Beta form.

Titan will only be announced the moment the 3 above projects will be as good as launched. That's late 2014 at the earliest, with Titan probably launching 2015 or even 2016.

It will depend of how much power WOW still has left in its 10 year old legs AND how the crowd will react to the Warcraft movie (it could have a huge impact or not). Depending on these factors, it is clear that getting into Titan BETA will require a new Annual Subscription for WOW to make the transition, after which a multiple sub based system could be announced to have free access over ALL Blizzard games.

So Titan will not be much talked about in the upcoming Blizzcon. It is not in the priority list for Blizzard in 2014
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-19 at 10:52 PM.