Deleted

Healing Rain and consuming a Clearcasting stack (bug...?)

Is it weird that Healing Rain on a live server consumes a Clearcasting Stack (and it really does, which surprised me), but there's no actual "50% healing done increase" or any other simillar effects, simply nothing. I was testing it for good 20 minutes and I do think it's just bugged. Has anyone noticed this too?

I'd do some more testing of this first, before becoming more concerned. Check it through, and provide the Combat Logs to the developers so they can investigate and fix.

That said, I've never heard a complaint from our shamans, nor heard of this before.

From the tooltip:

"The Clearcasting state reduces the mana cost of your next 2 spells by 25%, increases your spell damage by 10%, and increases single-target healing done by 50%."

You only get the 25% discount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    From the tooltip:

"The Clearcasting state reduces the mana cost of your next 2 spells by 25%, increases your spell damage by 10%, and increases single-target healing done by 50%."

You only get the 25% discount.
    Indeed (I have just checked). But, tbh, I have a feeling, that it's a total waste for a Elemental. Clearcasting is good, not because of 25% discount (and Ele's spells are cheap), but thanks to +10% spell damage/50% single-target healing increase. And Elemental just can't go OOM, since implementing Rolling Thunder/MoP Thunderstorm). Useless buffs are useless.

Elemental's healing spells - mainly Healing Rain and Healing Surge - are anything but cheap. If you have to offheal a target, a 25% discount is far from being useless.

Deleted
    Clearcasting behaves even more strange with Unleash Elements..

Unleash Elements consume a Clearcasting proc.
    Critting with Unleash Elements doesnt proc Clearcasting. Reported it to Blizzard almost 2 years ago but their reply was that Unleash Elements was a physical ability, hence it cant proc Clearcasting. But since the physical ability costs mana then it consumes the proc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    Elemental's healing spells - mainly Healing Rain and Healing Surge - are anything but cheap. If you have to offheal a target, a 25% discount is far from being useless.
    I don't know how many Healing Rains and Healing Surges you will have to cast to go out of mana. If your raid needs an addtional healer, why don't just respec Resto?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenvon View Post
    but their reply was that Unleash Elements was a physical ability, hence it cant proc Clearcasting
    So are totems, but a blanket silence knocks out those as well as that "physical ability" Unleash Elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrzyk View Post
    I don't know how many Healing Rains and Healing Surges you will have to cast to go out of mana. If your raid needs an addtional healer, why don't just respec Resto?
    In my 10man, I am usually the off-healer who helps on Gara'jal when both MS healer can't use the totem. Doing that more than once or twice per fight will be quite tough on your mana.
    Also, I hear offspec healing is quite relevant in PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrzyk View Post
    You really don't have to cast that much healing spells. In single target you won't get much mana back (it's nearly mana-neutral), so without using thunderstorm you can only cast 10-15 healing rain (even on a 6-10mn fight). If you also have to cs/dispel from time to time you'll end up beeing forced to cast thunderstorm on cd.

Also I often heal 5-man heroic as a elemental shaman if the tank is decently geared and have a clue how to play his class, and on some boss mana might quickly be an issue (it's manageable, but you can't just spam healsand expect to last for more than 30-40sec, so you actually have to cast lava burst for the clearcasting buffs...)

Deleted
    I have a semi-related question (enhancement); When I use Healing Surge with 5 maelstrom stacks + Healing Storm glyph, and it gets duplicated by Echo, the 1st heal heals for it's base + 100% glyph buff (as it should), however, the duplicated one heals only for base healing.

Using real numbers (lvl 86 atm):
    HS with 5 stacks ~ 40-45k heal, 80-90k crit, Echo proccs,
    Echo duplicate ~ 20k heal, 40k crit

Shouldn't Echo duplicate the glyph-buffed HS? Or am I missing something on how Echo behaves? I'd really appreciate if someone can clarify this

From the wording of EotE and HSt glyph, I feel it should benifit both original and copied spell, but it doesn't and it never did that. I don't know if that's an actual bug or intended to avoid too strong OS healing (a glyphed MW5 heal is pretty strong).

Deleted
    I am pretty much on the same train of thought, though I was wishfully thinking it might be a bug. I guess MW5 x 2 HSt in PvP would indeed be too much.