Page 62 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I have not said a single thing to you in this post degrading your play style, yet anytime you reply to people on these forums you constantly flame and bash people telling them how they are terrible and you are such a pro player. Really gets old listening to childish tactics any time you post.
    Nope, you are too busy being degrading or obnoxious to everyone. I'm quite blunt, and I bet that there's a few people who find me annoying, but I'm confident that there's even more who are annoyed by you.

Is there a reason the immediate response from priests on these forums is to be 100% douchebag?
    1/10
    Nothing you said made any sense whatsoever.
    YOU who comes in trolling/flaming acting like you are god.
    I think you have a skewed perception as to what other people say and you are the only one here that is being narrow minded on this topic.
    But since you think I am so close minded, let me say this.
    Holy: Better for RAW HEALING, BURST HEALING, MOBILE HEALING, ACTUAL HEALING. MORE RAW HEALING THEN DISC, LESS ABSORBS
    Understand this please.
    /thread
    I can do this for 50 more quotes if you'd like to. Yeah, you are definitely the nicest guy around, I'm deeply sorry for questioning your gameplay.

3) Your argument, "how can you pop 200k shields on WOTE HC" Well, that isn't going to matter come 5.2 because WOTE will be null and void and hard to compare the new changes on a fight you will never get to test it on.
    No, this is about the fact that every single fight where you can't consistently proc rapture on the tank (and to a certain extent even the fights where you can) PW:S critting will be an issue. That's several fights this tier and from the looks of it the next tier as well.

Deleted
    Is it only me here who feels such a relief to see the shadowform change after all this time waiting for a major buff that actually does something, even if we will middle of the pack this just makes me relieved that i can stop thinking about rerolling. Lets just hope this is enough and it wont be reverted like many other changes before this one.

Nope, you are too busy being degrading or obnoxious to everyone. I'm quite blunt, and I bet that there's a few people who find me annoying, but I'm confident that there's even more who are annoyed by you.
    Half of the priest forums is filled with either Lathus asking something which is known, taking offense about something or lecturing people either about how to play or why they're behind in progress. Come to think of it, I do feel like I am seeing the new disc mastery calculations done by different people every day, so I guess it's a priest thing...

No, this is about the fact that every single fight where you can't consistently proc rapture on the tank (and to a certain extent even the fights where you can) PW:S critting will be an issue. That's several fights this tier and from the looks of it the next tier as well.
    I find it really amusing that the developers realized this problem during DS-PTR (if I remember correctly, a bit before it started even). It was the last tier, specs with scaling mana returns had the option to reforge out of Spirit and disc didn't have mana problems since pretty much the start of the expansion. Yet they added the double Rapture bonus. But here we are; second tier, "Mana should matter" is the new motto, everyone has more than 10% crit, but they add double shields.

Even on fights with consistent tank damage, you will have delayed Raptures. +crit% increase on PW:S is nice, I mean, throughput is throughput even if it's random, but random increase effectively costing mana doesn't sound logical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post

I can do this for 50 more quotes if you'd like to. Yeah, you are definitely the nicest guy around, I'm deeply sorry for questioning your gameplay.

On fights if you are struggling to proc a rapture, chances are holy would be a better option for a spec because the fight doesn't call for high amounts of absorb effects.

The only fight in current tier I've had issues proving a rapture on demand were WoTE. Most fights the raptures were near instant procs for myself personally. But as you already noticed, I run more spirit so I have less demand for procs personally.

It's just one of those mechanics we are going to have to wait and see how it plays out if it makes it to live servers. But I don't see it being a regen breaking mechanic by any means.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 03:26 AM ----------

On a side note, I'm simply going to ignore your
    Trolling attempts to get me riled up cookie.

Deleted
    No it won't break anything, nor is it a huge nerf, but it's an annoyance, poor design and will nerf our regen slightly more (especially on the fights where it's needed the most). I don't see how it's trolling to point out that you aren't in a position where good and bad rapture usage is relevant after you said something that's outright incorrect, it's actually very relevant. If you could avoid getting riled up/offended every time someone treats you the way you treat other posters that'd be great though.

Because in the manner you point it out. Is extremely childish and trolling. You don't point it out to bring up discussion you bring it up for " I'm better then u and ur bad". Or it at least comes off that way.

Your example of rapture usage was also on a fight any disc priest would have some issues with rapture so it's not really the best comparison.

And I'm sorry if you disagree with me, but cookie you provoke a lot of confrontation, specifically between us two so if you come at me aggressively and rude, yes I'm going to retaliate. So if you want to have discussion with me, that's fine. But running to logs telling people "u did this wrong and I'm better then you" is going to piss people off and cause
    Arguments like this.

Maybe in a post two weeks ago I said some things, but in this one that behavior you put one is so uncalled for.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 03:56 AM ----------

But anyway, back on topic now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good news everybody!

Priest
    - Shadowform increases damage by 25%, up from 20%.

Not the 30% I asked for, but he did also give us 20% mind blast damage

Source:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...sues-part-iii/
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-02-21 at 01:06 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Good news everybody!

Priest
    - Shadowform increases damage by 25%, up from 20%.

Not the 30% I asked for, but he did also give us 20% mind blast damage

Source:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...sues-part-iii/
    wuhuuuuuuuuuuu

running around fist bumping everyone i know and eating icecream in happiness. Now only if they were to revert the nerf to glyph of mind spike. Make it so if FDCL proc is used on a "player" it will not proc the glyph of mindspike. cause we are still lacking heavily in the movement apartment.

they have the tech to do it just look at blood dk's deathstrike when attacked by a player it will not increase the shield above min
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-02-21 at 01:06 AM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    So, ignoring the Disc pissing contest going on... 5% blanket shadow buff! This is exactly what we've needed. I'm looking forward to using the new Insanity once it comes live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    So, ignoring the Disc pissing contest going on... 5% blanket shadow buff! This is exactly what we've needed. I'm looking forward to using the new Insanity once it comes live.
    It's actually a 4.17% blanket Shadow buff *adjusts nerd glasses*.

1.25(new)/1.2(old)=1.0417

It's why I wanted 30%, it sounds like a lot - but a 30% shadowform would have only been an 8.33% buff - not the 10% it appears as. Who knows though, they may even go to 30% after they test this 25% Shadowform change - or they may buff our mobility in some way still and are leaving room for that buff (in conjunction with the Mind Blast buff) to make up the difference.

I figure the Mind Blast buff is probably worth around ~2% more damage - so together this brings us to ~6.17% more damage this patch - before the slight movement nerf resulting from the GoMS nerf.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-02-20 at 05:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    These shadowform and mind blast buffs are really, really welcome! I am so happy right now. And I don't think it's getting much impact on pvp, so I don't think they are going to change them.

Deleted

It's why I wanted 30%, it sounds like a lot - but a 30% shadowform would have only been an 8.33% buff - not the 10% it appears as. Who knows though, they may even go to 30% after they test this 25% Shadowform change - or they may buff our mobility in some way still and are leaving room for that buff (in conjunction with the Mind Blast buff) to make up the difference.

I figure the Mind Blast buff is probably worth around ~2% more damage - so together this brings us to ~6.17% more damage this patch - before the slight movement nerf resulting from the GoMS nerf.
    Factoring in the additional talent options, and the crit trinket (which still will be bloody amazing for sp's) and I'd say that we're getting close to where we should be. From the looks of the changes it seems like they may be intending to buff the average a little though, buffing several specs that are performing okay already, especially frost dks.

waiting proc for 5 minus, awesome trinket
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-02-20 at 06:11 AM.

Deleted
    ^site is flagged as unsafe, just a heads up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Factoring in the additional talent options, and the crit trinket (which still will be bloody amazing for sp's) and I'd say that we're getting close to where we should be. From the looks of the changes it seems like they may be intending to buff the average a little though, buffing several specs that are performing okay already, especially frost dks.
    Ya the new talent options will provide more opportunities / niches for fight types, which will make us more responsive hopefully to different fight types. The crit trinket and tricks are going to provide a very welcome opportunity for us to nerd out about our DPS priorities a little more (something we used to be known for as a spec) - I'm excited to see opportunities to recast dots again (both for crit trinket and legendary meta).

As I understand it, a PW:S crit will still proc a divine aegis equal to the PW:S, and -again as I understand- PW:S has priority over divine aegies, so you'll get your rapture procs regardless, but the divine may or may not go into overhealing, which is always a risk when heals crit.

Deleted
    Ya the new talent options will provide more opportunities / niches for fight types, which will make us more responsive hopefully to different fight types. The crit trinket and tricks are going to provide a very welcome opportunity for us to nerd out about our DPS priorities a little more (something we used to be known for as a spec) - I'm excited to see opportunities to recast dots again (both for crit trinket and legendary meta).
    Yah it's interesting, I kinda feel like they didn't think that trinket through before adding it tbh:P. Looking a bit more at the buffs the other classes get I don't think this buff is intended to buff sps dps relative to the the majority of the specs, they are simply trying to bring every other dps class up to the level of affli locks. Still an improvement though^^.

As I understand it, a PW:S crit will still proc a divine aegis equal to the PW:S, and -again as I understand- PW:S has priority over divine aegies, so you'll get your rapture procs regardless, but the divine may or may not go into overhealing, which is always a risk when heals crit.
    PW:S doesn't have priority over DA, the latest shield applied (be it DA or PW:S) is consumed first, it'd obviously be a simple change but currently it seems unlikely that PW:S will be consumed first if it crits.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

It's a 25% increase. (New-Old)/Old*100%

Source: http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calcul...tagechange.php
    Last edited by Darkener; 2013-02-20 at 06:55 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    It's a 25% increase. (New-Old)/New*100%

Source: http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calcul...tagechange.php
    It is a 25% increase to shadowform's damage modifier sure, but it is not a 25% increase in damage for the spec which is what Yvaelle is talking about.

Congrats for the buff Shadow priests