Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    It's a 25% increase. (New-Old)/Old*100%

Source: http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calcul...tagechange.php
    It's a 25% increase on our non-shadowform damage, whereas before it was a 20% increase on our non-shadowform damage. But we're already doing 120% damage and now we're doing 125% damage.

The relative increase is 125/120 = 4.17%
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    - Shadowform increases damage by 25%, up from 20%.

I just jumped off my chair and did a movie style fist pump
    I did the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    ^site is flagged as unsafe, just a heads up.
    http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/wowraider.net

fix you browser first pls

wol wont upload logs and i dont know another site with same function

http://www.mediafire.com/?hin3exuicvvoenj

t15 vendor sell this trinket
    Last edited by Aleaa; 2013-02-20 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Good news everybody!

Priest
    - Shadowform increases damage by 25%, up from 20%.

Not the 30% I asked for, but he did also give us 20% mind blast damage

Source:
    [URL="http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/254470-ptr-class-and-set-bonus-issues-part-iii/"]http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/254470-ptr-class-and-set-bonus-issues-part-iii//URL]
    Just saw this on the buss on my way to work. Serriously, started dancing and sang "i feel good" by James Brown. I know it's not the 30% we all soo wanted, but it's such a good step in the right direction.. What a nice start to the day^^

Edit: And yeah, the other people on the buss probbably though i had an extra chromosome or somthing, but it felt soo good too share my joy..:P

Shall I be the one to point out that a 5% buff when you're already almost 10% behind on live, isn't much to be happy about? Especially when it's announced in the middle of bigger buffs for pretty much every other spec. We'll see how it plays out in the raid testing tonight I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's great they do so much work to get Disc in a good place. I like most changes. Not a fan of crit proccs, unfortunatly.

I feel they always forget Holy though! We have Chakra that not many seems happy with and a signature spell, Sanctuary, that is completly undertuned and have too long uptime. Our tank CD bugs A LOT. I wish they would put some effort into making Holy more rewarding to play.

Deleted
    Anyone else did a jump for joy when they read we're getting guaranteed DA back on PoH? (Correct me if I misread the notes) Personally not a fan of giving mastery back to SS since that's the main reason we're OP at live, SS should have a longer CD imo...

Thoughts?

While i like the spriest buffs, arent other classes gettings buffs aswell? even the ones usually near the top? wont that put us around the same spot on the meters relative to the other classes like in 5.1?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Saryn View Post
    Anyone else did a jump for joy when they read we're getting guaranteed DA back on PoH? (Correct me if I misread the notes) Personally not a fan of giving mastery back to SS since that's the main reason we're OP at live, SS should have a longer CD imo...

Thoughts?
    Sure does look like it from notes - although them notes have been hard to read as they write them so weird :P It also looks like the remove of mastery on SS is removed so that ss gain from mastery once again. I have a hard time believing these things as that have been much of our nerf, and the nerfs we needed.

I hate the guaranteed DA from PoH. We needed back when we didnt have SS to blanket shielding, now with SS its just too op to being able to pre shield the raid all the time. (my thoughts anyway) :P

Yey for shadow buffs, and nice Disc adjustments i gues - scared of them looking into disc atonement dmg though! I love doing alot of dmg while healing. Also makes the other healers happy that i aint just pre shielding all incomeing dmg which have been a huge problem on many fights so far in this tier :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    Sure does look like it from notes - although them notes have been hard to read as they write them so weird :P It also looks like the remove of mastery on SS is removed so that ss gain from mastery once again. I have a hard time believing these things as that have been much of our nerf, and the nerfs we needed.

I hate the guaranteed DA from PoH. We needed back when we didnt have SS to blanket shielding, now with SS its just too op to being able to pre shield the raid all the time. (my thoughts anyway) :P

Yey for shadow buffs, and nice Disc adjustments i gues - scared of them looking into disc atonement dmg though! I love doing alot of dmg while healing. Also makes the other healers happy that i aint just pre shielding all incomeing dmg which have been a huge problem on many fights so far in this tier :P
    Im a huge fan of guaranteed DA, not so much of SS in it's current OP form. Imo, PoH is too cheap, 13.5k mana just makes it too spammable, should be atleast 17-18k, doing this would make DA stacking less efficient, and make SS'ing more costly.

Where exactly did you read that guaranteed DA is back on the notes? no such thing is mentioned anywhere and DA is only from crits still.

Imo, PoH is too cheap, 13.5k mana just makes it too spammable, should be atleast 17-18k, doing this would make DA stacking less efficient, and make SS'ing more costly.
    You can't just increase PoH mana cost because this is baseline spell and doing so will just destroy holy priest raid healing completely.
    Last edited by Isheria; 2013-02-20 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    It's great they do so much work to get Disc in a good place. I like most changes. Not a fan of crit proccs, unfortunatly.

I feel they always forget Holy though! We have Chakra that not many seems happy with and a signature spell, Sanctuary, that is completly undertuned and have too long uptime. Our tank CD bugs A LOT. I wish they would put some effort into making Holy more rewarding to play.
    I don't think holy is getting any love soon. GC says the spec is fine, so either:

1) He truly thinks so and looks at some weird parses of Raidbots.
    2) He doesn't want to focus on a spec not too many are playing.

Some of holy's design mechanics are outdated and don't fit well with current encounters (chakra).

I think its a lost cause for 5.2, if they didn't work on holy until now, they aren't going to work on it at all. Disc got a lot of reworking, Shadow got buffed damage and nerfed healing, holy got nothing, no changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    You can't just increase PoH mana cost because this is baseline spell and doing so will just destroy holy priest raid healing completely.
    This is true, still there are better ways to solve this then making DA completely RNG.
    Also, it's in the Feb 19 notes.

You do not get guaranteed DA back in any way outside of inner focus. Let me quote the patch notes for you:

Divine Aegis now causes critical heals to apply an absorb shield on the target for 100% of the amount healed instead of healing for twice as much. In addition, it grants Power Word: Shield a chance equal to the Priest's critical chance for the shield to absorb twice as much damage.
    Pay special attention to bolded part.

Deleted

Thoughts?
    I think those were some translated notes, so I wouldn't say that they are entirely reliable (and I'd imagine that they should be up on EU/US now if so?), but yes guaranteed DA back on PoH would make us way more viable. From a design point I think it's terrible though, removing PoH DA was great, but if they do they have to give us other, more interesting tools to deal with the damage. In this case said tool was basically just atonement, which is way less interesting than PoH spam (sad in itself), or nothing (when it came to unpredictable/consistent aoe damage). So, until they can be arsed to revamp disc (and in particular nerf atonement significantly as well) they should just leave PoH with a guaranteed DA.

Let me quote the notes being refered to Isheria (since it seems too hard to actually look them up):
    Spirit Shell now provides an absorbing shield equal to your average healing and absorb effects, including critical healing and Divine Aegis. Spirit Shell no longer benefits from Mastery, and now properly includes the benefits of Divine Aegis and critical effect chance.
    Divine Aegis now causes critical healing to apply an absorbing shield to the target, equal to 100% of the healing, rather than double healing. In additional, it also causes Power Word: Shield to have a chance equal to priest's critical change to absorb double damage. Divine Aegis is no longer guaranteed when Prayer of Healing is cast. The effect now activates when the spell crits.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-02-20 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    They are on both EU & US servers, but are idd written badly, I could be mistaken and it could be that guaranteed DA is still removed, let's hope Blizz clarifies soon enough.

Divine Aegis is no longer guaranteed when Prayer of Healing is cast.

That's in the patch notes. It seems pretty obvious?

Deleted
    The part you just said is strukthrough/red in the notes, which usually means its not going to get implemented.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    Congrats for the buff Shadow priests
    Cheers, and yes I am looking forward to it

The part you just said is strukthrough/red in the notes, which usually means its not going to get implemented.
    You have to read in context.
    Current: Critical heals and all heals from Prayer of Healing create a protective shield on the target, absorbing 30% of the amount healed.

PTR: Critical heals create a protective shield on the target, absorbing 100% of the amount healed, instead of healing for twice as much. Lasts 15 sec.
    Additionally, Power Word: Shield has a chance equal to your critical effect chance to absorb twice as much.

They took out "and PoH no longer guarantee's this" because it is redundant. If you just removed "and Poh....." that would of been sufficient to show you that PoH no longer guarantees you DA.