So I'm new.......

I am leveling my 7th toon from 85, and I decided to level my Lock. I was destro, but after seeing how much damage my friend was doing at 85, i was 86 at the time, I decided to give affliction a go.

My question is: There some off spell interactions that I am not too sure about. For example, when you cast haunt, it takes a little bit of time for the "haunt ball" to hit and affect the target. So if I cast haunt, then malefic grasp BEFORE the dot hit the target, will malefic grasp's damage be increased, or should I wait till haunt hits the target then use malefic grasp.... or does it really matter.

So far, I am finding locks SUPER fun, might become one of my mains.

I'll admit I am not 100% sure of the exact example you gave, but seeing as MG forces your dots to tick, that's something that should reflect the damage increase from Haunt when Haunt is on the target (and not while mid-air).
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Since all you are doing is leveling, it doesn't really matter.

If you plan on raiding or just what to maximize your dps ect. Check out Everlia's guides. He provided me with lots of neat tips and tricks.

I think the answer is No. Haunt won't increase the damage of Malefic Grasp. Even if it doesn't affect the first MG the second one is coming in a matter of seconds.

Without sounding too technical. Soul burn --> Soul Swap --> Haunt --> MG --> Drain Soul is going to kill most normal mobs, and will replenish your Soul Shards. As to the more technical spell rotations and interactions I refer you to the wonderful guides provided here and elsewhere.

I would read the guide in the sticky, it will give you the basics of when to cast what. The trick is to save haunts for when you have int procs etc, unless you have 4 shards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    My question is: There some off spell interactions that I am not too sure about. For example, when you cast haunt, it takes a little bit of time for the "haunt ball" to hit and affect the target. So if I cast haunt, then malefic grasp BEFORE the dot hit the target, will malefic grasp's damage be increased, or should I wait till haunt hits the target then use malefic grasp.... or does it really matter.
    The way it works for warlocks is that our dots update BUFFS on refresh (either when you hardcast them, through applying them with Soulburn: Soul Swap or through the use of Felflame) and then keep those stats till the next refresh. With DEBUFFS our dots (and Malefic Grasp and other spells) change dynamically from the exact moment we have the DEBUFF on target till the moment it is gone. So you're fine channeling MG at once, cause Haunt will update the damage ticks from the moment it lands (as well as the dot ticks) till the moment it ends.

EDIT: should add that Haunt is a debuff, just to be sure

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The way it works for warlocks is that our dots update BUFFS on refresh (either when you hardcast them, through applying them with Soulburn: Soul Swap or through the use of Felflame) and then keep those stats till the next refresh. With DEBUFFS our dots (and Malefic Grasp and other spells) change dynamically from the exact moment we have the DEBUFF on target till the moment it is gone. So you're fine channeling MG at once, cause Haunt will update the damage ticks from the moment it lands (as well as the dot ticks) till the moment it ends.

EDIT: should add that Haunt is a debuff, just to be sure
    That is exactly what I was looking for. i also noticed that if I cliped Haunt, It will add the 8 seconds to the already existing haunt debuff. I think the max time is 10 seconds iirc.