Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

''I have to play every week''

I'm sorry if you feel forced to have fun. The door is right there. [EXIT].

Seriously, why do they play this game again? *sigh* I thought games were about having fun and something to spend time on. Don't like it? Go do something else >.>

Is it just me or should people just start playing things they do enjoy?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's the nature of wow. there are complex psychological reasons for it.

I ask the same question for those who "have" to come to the forums when they no longer play.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it, myself. I barely do LFR anymore, and I don't even bother to do it on Darsithis, who has better gear than anything LFR can drop at this point. I rarely plant my farm to full on all my characters, I haven't done any dailies on alts in weeks. I do what I want, when I want, and I still progress. Most of my alts are past heroic dungeon-levle geared with between 470 - 490 iLvL and you know what? I'm comparable on dps and performance with everyone else.

You don't need to burn yourself out by doing everything on every toon, every day.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everybody wants to be elite because they're afraid the day will come when raids become 3-months long to cater to the elites.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't get it, myself. I barely do LFR anymore, and I don't even bother to do it on Darsithis, who has better gear than anything LFR can drop at this point. I rarely plant my farm to full on all my characters, I haven't done any dailies on alts in weeks. I do what I want, when I want, and I still progress. Most of my alts are past heroic dungeon-levle geared with between 470 - 490 iLvL and you know what? I'm comparable on dps and performance with everyone else.

You don't need to burn yourself out by doing everything on every toon, every day.
    This is pretty much me as well. I have completely stopped doing dailies on my main, and havent even started ANY rep dailies on my alts, because it's pointless since I can easily get raid geared in guild runs.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    These people NEED to play every week because otherwise they will stay BEHIND in the TOP 3.292.102. Duh.

Seriously. Hardcore raiders or serious PvP players don't complain. They know staying ahead of the rest requires dedication.
    It's always the wannabe elitists who complain. The guys and girls who are far below average but think they are so hardcore.

I recently found myself in that predicament. I felt like I had to play everyday so I could get capped on points, do dailies, grind rep, level alts, etc. Then one day I said to myself "Playing games shouldn't be a chore, if I don't get capped every week, then screw it, I am gonna play to have fun".

Since then I have just been playing when I feel like it, and I have spent less time on overall and more time doing other stuff. You know what the result was? I am a much happier person IRL, my performance at work has improved because I wasn't unhappy from feeling like I had a "to-do" list. I finally have the time I want to invest in console games (finally finishing AC3, playing lots of Zelda also) and I enjoy it.

In short, I will only play WoW when I want to have fun. If at any point I am not having fun playing I just log off and say "Screw it, I'm not gonna waste twenty hours this week just so my ilvl can go up 1, life is too short".

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Deleted
    I have been doing pvp for 7 years (haven't achieved anything except for participating in rbg and arena on all 11 classes) But I still have fun, and if I don't I'll just freeze my account for a while. Once the annual pass is gone in March. Yeah, me too expected Diablo to be awsome, and it was for the first week. Just couldn't be bothered anymore lol

Deleted
    Haven't played for weeks and about month game time is still left,and I don't feel like I "have" to or that I'm "forced" to play like some people say.
    And those who say that are just qq'ers who either wants attention or think that someone is going to change that they don't like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    I'm sorry if you feel forced to have fun. The door is right there. [EXIT].

Seriously, why do they play this game again? *sigh* I thought games were about having fun and something to spend time on. Don't like it? Go do something else >.>

Is it just me or should people just start playing things they do enjoy?
    Sometimes life sucks and people complain and whine everyday yet continue living. Should they all die?
    Maybe this is a bit more extreme but people complain it will always be that way! Just like you have to complain about the complaining people.
    Don't like it? Ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    I recently found myself in that predicament. I felt like I had to play everyday so I could get capped on points, do dailies, grind rep, level alts, etc. Then one day I said to myself "Playing games shouldn't be a chore, if I don't get capped every week, then screw it, I am gonna play to have fun".

Since then I have just been playing when I feel like it, and I have spent less time on overall and more time doing other stuff. You know what the result was? I am a much happier person IRL, my performance at work has improved because I wasn't unhappy from feeling like I had a "to-do" list. I finally have the time I want to invest in console games (finally finishing AC3, playing lots of Zelda also) and I enjoy it.

In short, I will only play WoW when I want to have fun. If at any point I am not having fun playing I just log off and say "Screw it, I'm not gonna waste twenty hours this week just so my ilvl can go up 1, life is too short".
    I wish my boyfriend felt the same. Last night he was stressed out from schoolwork (he's returning to school for a change of career) but he stayed up until nearly midnight because he had to get to 89 on another alt so that alt could run the stupid Love is in the Air daily dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    These people NEED to play every week because otherwise they will stay BEHIND in the TOP 3.292.102. Duh.

Seriously. Hardcore raiders or serious PvP players don't complain. They know staying ahead of the rest requires dedication.
    OH YEAH, being ahead of the rest! Dedication! Wait, what do you win at again with all this play? Oh, just a game

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate when so many people treat the game like it's vital for survival, or like.... If they wipe on one raid boss, they yell at everyone else like it's their life. I just think they should have fun with it! They shouldn't rely so much on it and take it so seriously....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    .. and if I don't I'll just freeze my account for a while.
    And this is exactly what Blizzard doesn't want happening (from a business standpoint).
    Which is also why they create the game around fostering addiction.

If you take frequent breaks = losing income + there's a chance you'll jump on another boat (if something appears that can actually compete with WoW for polish)
    A business wants to minimize both those things as much as possible.

This kind of pick up / put down gaming is a big problem for the subscription model if it gets to the point of it affecting the bottom-line ie players don't just leave the subscription running and not log on, but actually let it expire and come back for new content, or to checkout patches then let it lapse again.

This is the reason for the prevalence of incrementally available content, artificially gated behind caps (eg. currency cap) along-side the traditional forms of extending content life through weekly or daily resets.

You can't expect a commercial enterprise not to respond to changes in customer behavior and this is this business's response to combat this particular "problem".
    (one of them anyway, you can see them preparing for other eventualities in the long term as well)

The way to achieve this is to find one or several "carrots" and put them behind content that you can only rush so much (cap how much you can do in a day or week).
    Then you have what is an acceptable rate of content consumption in accordance to your production pipeline and your PR department can go to work convincing the player base that content is gated for their own good

Simply put a subscription game needs to keep its paying customers playing month in / month out or it loses money.
    Last edited by mmocb2ea88a996; 2013-02-20 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

Same exact thing here, i mean i probably do a farm maybe 1-2 times a week and lfr is when i feel like it. I do dailies for only the anglers now and im still top dps is lots of raids. Burning yourself out and saying the game is no fun because you need all theses things isn't true.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

During the first two weeks I tried to do everything withthis wierd ideal that I had to do it, but then I realized that it was not meant to be done all at once and I did it at my own pace. Peoples problems stemmed from their guilds demanding they do everything and those people got angry with Blizzard for giving them too much to do rather than blaming their guild for making them do what they didn't like doing.

I know a lot of people are complaining about not having time to do alts but I would rather have too much to do than not enough that I have to play multiple characters to stay entertained. As it is I valor cap on Saturday and then I work on my alt.

Deleted
    I remember years ago a thread on the official forums.A player reached 60 with all the classes and wanted to share the achievement with the community(rest assured it WAS an achievement back then).It is difficult to say if he was the first or just the first to make it public.

Most of the post where congratulations post and questions about how he did it but one post in particular got my attention.The concept(more or less) was:

"This is bullshit.I cant see any value in your achievement.I dont change my account with just one T2 char for all your worthless lvl 60 green chars.Do you think you have something? YOU GOT NOTHING MAN".

Aside from the,sadly usual,hostile attitude I couldnt help but answer:"And....you think you got something,isnt it? lol Your precious T2 char is...something".

It makes me a sadpanda that the regular view of the game matches perfectly that guy's view.
    We play not because the way is funny: we play because we want to have something.We want a t14 set,we want 2 million golds,we want an elite pvp set,we want world first/realm first or we simply just want to get to ilvl 480.

In the end,we got nothing,absolutely nothing...it is just the road we drive,the laughs we make and the friends we meet.Thats all.The only way of getting fun in this game is playing under the rule:

"If you knew you would be perm-banned tomorrow....what would you today?".

Salutes.

Deleted
    do every day boring stuff to have a chance to enjoy to funny part of a game, this is wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    "If you knew you would be perm-banned tomorrow....what would you today?".

Salutes.
    YOPO.

You Only Play Once.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!