Need suggestions on headphones/headset

70 dollar limit. I'm not sure whether it would be better to get headphones with a clip-on mic or just get a headset. I'm sorta leaning towards the headphones and clip-on mic just so I can use them for other things as well, but I'm not really sure.

Deleted
    Why not save up a bit and buy something which will last much, much longer such as DT-770 Pros and sound better, as well?

Deleted
    Depends really, for 70 bucks you're not getting anything that has sound quality.

"Gaming" headsets often has positional sound, which means they focus more on making you able to hear things like from where the footsteps are coming and so forth. Often with fancy 7.1 and things, great for FPS.

Headphones made for music will provide better sound quality for music and movies etc, even tho that's not gonna be much for 70 bucks.

Buy the headphones that suits your needs best based on that.

Do you have a sound card already? If not, $70 headphones are going to be a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by TOBY View Post
    70 dollar limit. I'm not sure whether it would be better to get headphones with a clip-on mic or just get a headset. I'm sorta leaning towards the headphones and clip-on mic just so I can use them for other things as well, but I'm not really sure.
    Steelseries Siberia v2

Headphones + mic is not an option yet at that low price range unless you want to buy crap, as decent headphones start at well over $100.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Samson SR850 might be your best bet with a Zalman ZM-MIC1. It will not blow your mind, but with that budget you can't really wish for it. As vesseblah said, good headphones start at $100 or more.

That said there are some gems out there. The Takstar Hi2050's are extremely good and can land anywhere between $50 and $70 depending on tax and shipping costs. They are almost on-par with the DT 880's (at least they are often compared to the DT 880's as a fairly good replica), although the DT 880's have deeper bass and clearer, more profound mids - albeit at $300.

Deleted
    at 70 bucks you wont be happy with whatever you get... save up a nother 30 bucks and you will be MUCH happier, I got the Logitec g930 on sale for 99 bucks and there GREAT, Wireless with surround sound plus a few other features. There comfy over the ear and i can get up and get a drink, move around, streatch whatever and dont have to worry about the cable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drglnc View Post
    at 70 bucks you wont be happy with whatever you get... save up a nother 30 bucks and you will be MUCH happier, I got the Logitec g930 on sale for 99 bucks and there GREAT, Wireless with surround sound plus a few other features. There comfy over the ear and i can get up and get a drink, move around, streatch whatever and dont have to worry about the cable.
    If you care about sound quality, don't listen to this person.

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Logitech G930 is not audiophile gear for sure, but it's the best option available if you need wireless gaming headset.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    OP hasn't mentioned wireless.

Anyway I dislike the definition "gaming headphones". Good pair of headphones is good for anything you would use headphones, and you can choose open, closed, in-ear, etc. for your purpose and taste. But gaming headphone is just marketing nonsense.

OP hasn't mentioned wireless.
    No but point is that Logitech G930 has one justifiable use where it's the right answer instead of always crap like you implied. It's the best wireless headset in reasonable price range but definitely not a replacement for proper wired headphones if you want best sound quality.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Samson SR850 might be your best bet with a Zalman ZM-MIC1. It will not blow your mind, but with that budget you can't really wish for it. As vesseblah said, good headphones start at $100 or more.

That said there are some gems out there. The Takstar Hi2050's are extremely good and can land anywhere between $50 and $70 depending on tax and shipping costs. They are almost on-par with the DT 880's (at least they are often compared to the DT 880's as a fairly good replica), although the DT 880's have deeper bass and clearer, more profound mids - albeit at $300.
    http://www.amazon.com/Technical-Pro-...dp/B0057CW4UU/

I'd have to disagree though, the bass on the 880 is tighter, but not deeper.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    No but point is that Logitech G930 has one justifiable use where it's the right answer instead of always crap like you implied. It's the best wireless headset in reasonable price range but definitely not a replacement for proper wired headphones if you want best sound quality.
    I said it's not what you want if you want decent sound quality. If you want to sacrifice that for convenience, go ahead. Also, looking at the price it isn't a good deal at all, at least where I live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post

can believe they can sell them for £25.99 in EU, that's a really good deal.

@OP

Order one les pizza and then buy:

Takstar HI 2050 $70 + mic

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    can believe they can sell them for £25.99 in EU, that's a really good deal.

@OP

Order one les pizza and then buy:

Takstar HI 2050 $70 + mic
    the technical pro 990 is the same thing except you cant change the headband, and that's 20$ less.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Deleted
    Oh I missed that, that's cool though. Fits right in his budget.

Thumbs up good headphone

Quote Originally Posted by TOBY View Post
    ankaka.com.try their headphones if you can find them. not sure they'll be this cheap at a store. sound great and the most comfortable phones i've ever stuck in my ears.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica...audio+technica

Audio Technica M35 for $60 is my pick for best Headphones less then $70.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    I will admit that If i was using them for music and such I would want something different but for gaming, there convenient and comfortable for long sessions. The sound is more then adequate for video games... And I have no complaints when streaming vids and the like... If the person was that worried about sound quality or was an audiophile then they would not be looking to spend so little on headphones.